[IDEA] Brewing Skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Lokuul

Regular
You mentioned giving alcohol to your men to prevent them from routing. How about presenting them some homemade brews to increase morale in general? With this idea, a Brewers Guild would be introduced, brewing skill, Hops, Barley, Yeast, Sugar, Different Types of Grapes, Malt, Honey, Rice and Koji(Optional), Potatoes, other cereals, fruits, grains, and more. The alcohols would be as follows (revision is acceptable and recommended):

Tavern Tap
Ale: +3 Morale. Basic Beer. Water, Barely, Hops, Yeast
Beer: +5 Morale. A more flavorful experience. Water, Barely, Hops, Malt and Yeast
Mead: +7 Morale. This is the good stuff! Honey, Yeast, Barely, Hops and Water

Wine
Cheap Wine: +5 Morale. Basic Wine. Grapes, Water, and Five Days
Wine: +8 Morale. A little stronger and fruity. Grapes*, Water, Sugar, and Ten Days
Exquisite Wine: +12 Morale. The stuff the Nobles drink! Grapes*, Water, Sugar, Fruits, and Twenty Days
(Optional) Sake: +9 Morale. Some kind of foreign drink. Rice, Koji, Water and Fifteen Days

Faction Recipes
The King's Brew: +15 Morale Swadian. Long Live the King! Wheat, Barely, Hops, Yeast, Malt, and Swadian Spices
Viking's Stout: +15 Morale Nord. Time to Pillage and Loot! Malt, Barely, Yeast, Ale, and Nordic Moss
White Winter: +15 Morale Vaegir. Through the Ice and Snow!! Potatoes, Water, and Vaegir Spirit
The Khans Crippler: +15 Morale Khegrit. Among the Steppes, we survive! Mares Milk, Khans Flavor and Nine Days (To Ferment)
Desert Desire: +15 Morale Sarranid. A ghost in the Desert. Grapes, Water, Aniseed and Sarrinid Sand
The Spearman's Spirit: +15 Morale Rhodok. Attack them from the Hills! Barely, Malt, Ale and Rhodok Resin

Ultimate Liquor
Ambrosia: +50 Morale. The Ultimate in Drink! Holy Herbs, Holy Malt, Holy Barely, Holy Fruit, Holy Water and 35 Days

P.S I know nothing about making alcohol, these are just basic recipes I found online. Add your own things if wanted.
* means that different grapes would be used for different flavor.
Feel free to change the names, recipes, or whatever you feel like.
The Ambrosia Ingredients and others could be added with the Alchemy skill, and the Ambrosia Ingredients would be extremely rare/ expensive for balance.

With regards,
Comrade Lokuul

You really did some research Lokuul and they are fantastic, my only fear is that we don't have most the ingredients in the game but it is a fantastic idea and would be great...

LOVE IT

schmidy said:
You really did some research Lokuul and they are fantastic, my only fear is that we don't have most the ingredients in the game but it is a fantastic idea and would be great...

LOVE IT
That is why they would be added with the alchemy skill.

With regards,
Comrade Lokuul

Lokuul said:
schmidy said:

LOVE IT
That is why they would be added with the alchemy skill.

With regards,
Comrade Lokuul

then we shall create alcohol for all those drunkards in Calradia :razz:

It sounds good, although a little bit of a niche skill. Cooking could do. We shall see...

:sad:
Sorry to disappoint you, I don't need a Team. I need Time.
I am a very very honest person, or try to be, so I won't steal anybody's work. But I don't want to report to anybody about what I am doing. Being a soldier, I have to report my hierarchy for my every move or decisions. I don't want to do this in my free time  :lol:

Cromcrom said:
It sounds good, although a little bit of a niche skill. Cooking could do. We shall see...
Actually, it would make more sense to be in the Alchemy skill, because you would be making drinks (and maybe some magic ones too?)

Regards,
Comrade Lokuul

Cromcrom said:
I am a very very honest person, or try to be, so I won't steal anybody's work. But I don't want to report to anybody about what I am doing. Being a soldier, I have to report my hierarchy for my every move or decisions. I don't want to do this in my free time  :lol:

Try but that is because you don't have time you need a team that can multiply the time efficeny :wink: cause if we all had time then i doubt we'd ever need a team hehe odd sense of sense but it works.

@Lokuul but vaegir lands are cold could they grow potatoe?

Hehe it's a mexican drink I think. Nevermind, it's not really historically accurate. For anybody who doesn't know what it is, it's a really nice coffee flavored liquor.

Wu-long said:
Cromcrom said:

Try but that is because you don't have time you need a team that can multiply the time efficeny :wink: cause if we all had time then i doubt we'd ever need a team hehe odd sense of sense but it works.

@Lokuul but vaegir lands are cold could they grow potatoe?
They could grow them in warmer areas, and the potatoes, should Cromcon choose, could be replaced with grain.

Back
Top Bottom