[Idea] A bunch of Suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

ThaneWulfgharn

Master Knight
Hi,and congrats for your mod.Looks like it's going to have a big potential.Since this mod is still some sort of beta release,and many people are posting their ideas,here some mine:
Real-Time Gathering:You can visit the scenes,hit the gathering spots with the right weapon and...voila:Gathered.Similiar system used in Hunting at Age of Machinery mod.
Here's a list of gathering actions you can do:
Lumberjacking->Needs Lumberjacker's Axe.Hit trees at sawmills to gain wood.The higher Lumberjacking skill is,the more wood you gather.
Mining->Needs Miner's Pickaxe.Hit veins at different mines to gain metal.The higher Mining skill is,the more metal you gather.
Hunting->Works same as Age of Machinery.No hunting spots.You find animal parties,you hunt'em down!
Gathering->Hit grain with Peasant's Scythe to gain grain.You can visit grain fields through village menu.Grain can be proccessed to flour and windmills(buildable village buildings) and 3 flour+1 Water give 6 Bread at Bakery,buildable both at Town and Village.You can gather different plants at Botanical Gardens for alchemy,if you are unarmed and press "F",standart action key.
Gems->Yes!Prospecting is a new SKILL!The prospector can gather different types of gems,rubbies,amethyst,aquamarine,tiger's eye,emerald,malachite etc.Gems can be used to repair old heirlooms or craft unique items.
Advanced Crafting
Unique Items->Kings,Lords,Heroes and even you may have unique items.These items have 1 thing special:They Can't be bought from stores.You either win them through quest,craft,steal or find them.
Interactive crafting->By visiting a Smithy you can press "F" to the anvil and a window will pop up with Three Options:Craft;Enhance;Leave.
Craft goes to Craft Weapon,Craft Armor or Craft Unique Item.Whatever you choose you will be presented a list of what you can craft.NOTE:Many weapons or armor(especially unique ones) need crafting recipes to show up as options.
Enhance allows you to bestow the quality of the weapons on your inventory.
More Buildings
Villages:
Medic's House->Cures wounded units.
Village Smith->Standart smithy.You can only repair weapons(so no bonus imodbits).Sells Blacksmith's Hammer.
Windmill->Process 4 grain to 1 flour
Bakery->3 flour+1 water=6 Bread
Wooden Walls->Circles the village with wooden walls.
Garrison->Village is practically independend and is not conquered when nearby city is conquered.Allows you to put garrison in villages.
Castles:
Castle's Smithy->Better smithy than village.You can craft weapons and provides basic enhancements(imodbits with low bonuses.
Surgery->Faster healing for wounded units.Hires surgeons in party.
Barracks->Allows Recruiting troops in castles.
Reinforced Gates->Gates have more HPs.
Cities:
Library->You can buy books and alchemical recipes.
Blacksmith->All craftings and enhancings possible.Sells Smithing Recipes.
Botanical Garden->Used for gathering.
Hospital->Cures diesesases.Hires Medics and Surgeons.
Fletchery->Crafts arrows and bows.
Military Fort->Recruits troops in towns.
Wall,Gate and Tower Reinforcements->Stronger gates,Higher walls and larger and higher towers with player/engineer controlled Ballistae.
Engineer Post->Trains Engineers wich Build/Controll Ballistae/Catapult
Enhanced Sieges
When you siege a Castle/Village/City you choose what siege weapon you build:Ladder(low walls only),Tower(High walls only) and Ram(gates).Ballistae and Catapults are player/engineer controlled,can be used in any sort of battle(even open-fields) and only kill units(catapult can destroy gates).There are 3 types of catapults:
Onager->Rock-Throwing Ballista,weak.Can destroy gates.
Mangonel->Standart Catapult,medium.
Trebuchet->Strong and Loong Range.
Note That Mangonel and Trebuchet CAN Destroy gates,but are hard to aim.
Recruiting in Towns and Castles
There are three troop trees per faction:
Village Tree->Weak Equipment and Low stats.Medium-length tree.
Castle Tree-> Good Equipment and Very High Stats.Long Tree
Town Tree->Best equipment and Medium Stats.Short Tree-

Crafting receipts are a good idea; though it depends on a skill at the moment. And I like gems prospering too. Ahh, it was the sweetest thing in Diablo. :grin: Sure this can be implemented.

And last, changing the 'tools' on special items - pickaxes, axes, scythes and so on is better than current, IMO.

However, ThaneWulfgharn, most of your suggestions imply complete rework of the system which were already made and balanced... I'm sorry but some seem to be unnecessary work. But some tuning ideas are good. :smile:

Thanks. :grin:

I am working on unique meshes for Heirloom items.I believe heirloom should be faction based so:Let's say you choose to be swadian.You will have swadian-like items as heirlooms.Vaegirs,on the other hand,have vaegir-like items and so on.As for the Tools mechanic,I can buy alot of tools but none seems to work for me!

As for the Tools mechanic,I can buy alot of tools but none seems to work for me
Please read the Faq, there are pretty usefull things there, and its quite shortl so far.  :grin:

Yes, I was proposing that. And receiving unique heirloom items also. However, we didn't find enough OSP items for that... Not saying about smithing. :sad:

Thanks for this very nice list.

Real-Time Gathering:
Rigale is not a farming simulator, it is an expanded world adventures/interactions/opportunities system. I don't have so far neither the skills nor the will to do what you describe.
Gems->Yes!Prospecting is a new SKILL!
It sounds very good, but I would need new items and items icons. Prospecting would be used to identify the minerals, mining to extract them.
Advanced Crafting
Besides unique weapons, what is so different from Rigale ? The interactive part ? Needing to go to a scene to do the crafting ? What is the point in enhancing anything in M&B, as looting and merchants will eventually randomly "give" you all possible items ? Moreover, items don't wear off, arrows get replenished instantly and magically, and so on. And in the Rigale crafting system, the better your skill, the better objects you are supposed to be able to craft, up to Lordly for a Grandmaster crafter...
More Buildings
Some very nice ideas here, thanks.
Enhanced Sieges
Sorry, I am not in scenes interactions so far.
Recruiting in Towns and Castles
I agree there should be various starting available troops. Like "bullies" in villages, "town militias" in town. And the quality of recruitment should depend on some constructed buildings there (like training grounds and advanced training ground, for example...)

Take care.

Back
Top Bottom