How to gain votes for kingdom policy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I simply want "Forgiveness of Debts" production -5% and loyalty +2. Why? - Because lords manage towns very poorly and they often rebel, so my faction (Sturgia) have to re-conquer them every week. I also struggle to keep my towns in line without stagnation (aka only festival to keep loyalty and no building projects). But when ever I start a vote nobles, including ones that have 100 relations with me, vote against this policy so entire faction stuck in re-conquer rebels cycle until someone win a war against us. I don't want to start my own kingdom. What am I supposed to do with that?

The trick is to get 275 in charm so you get the +5 pr day influence.
Then you spam poilicies until all the other lords have 0 influence.
Eventually you will get the policy you want through.

That being said you may look at another policy that is more likely to get through.
Example if you use others that give security - if the security of a town is 50+ it will result in a small positive for the loyalty of the town.
*Serfdom is a gurantee to be picked if you suggest that in Sturgia, most of the times the lords will propose that themselves.

You may also try suggesting Tribune of the people instead as its 1 loyalty and 5% less income from the town.
Whenever I do it, typically Rolan will also add his votes and its only Raganavad that will put his votes in no.
So unless he have alot of influence, he cant go against the 2 of you.

Sometimes you can get the "trial by jury" aswell, which is +1, but clans loose 1 influence pr day and security is lowered by 0,2.

I personally think that haveing Serfdome alone should be sufficent.
Keep an eye out on the security of the towns aswell, as it have a mayor impact on the loyalty.
Meaning do village quest to ensure loyalty, clear hideouts around the town.
When it rebel try to support other lords if possible than the lord that had it last.

But back to the basic though, the town management is really bad by the AI though, they keep on focuseing on Prosperity if you look at it typically, and not keep loyalty above 25.
The AI should be abit "smarter" imo on its own.
To keep the towns loyal when under press from those things that make them loose loyalty.

I think overall security have too big impact on loyalty though, shouldnt hit that, but instead hit profit of the town.

While the things suggested by Zorion are all good tips to "game the system", the real answer to the OP is: you don't.

You either do as told if you are a vassal or you just overrule your vassals if you are king, in both cases what you need is a lot of influence, which is obviously easy enough to save up once you get to the mid/late game, but that's another matter.

The game could be so much more interesting if actual politics had a real impact on the voting outcomes, which more often than not make absolutely no sense whatsoever both for policies and for war/peace decisions (or assigning fiefs, although in this case the real issue is having to pick between only 3 arbitrary options).

The trick is to get 275 in charm so you get the +5 pr day influence.
Then you spam poilicies until all the other lords have 0 influence.
I find influence to be gathered much faster by winning battles during war time (especially after war becomes all the time). I also think timing the votes to be after a couple other armies have been going for a bit to require slightly less spamming.

Oddly enough even when everyone in the kingdom votes against a policy repeatedly, nobody ever brings up the idea of abolishing it later :roll:. I did have one lord suggest adding a policy once, but that was several characters ago and I do not remember the policy.

The ability to force +loyalty policies used to be the strongest thing the player can do for their kingdom's successful expansion. I do find myself surprised when the other kingdoms are able to keep foreign culture cities without revolts. I wonder if something changed in the most recent patch to allow this to happen more easily? I recently witnessed the Khuzaits taking about half the map. And because I was trying to unite the empire on the other side of the map... nobody would go to war against them, only against us :evil:

I find influence to be gathered much faster by winning battles during war time (especially after war becomes all the time). I also think timing the votes to be after a couple other armies have been going for a bit to require slightly less spamming.

Oddly enough even when everyone in the kingdom votes against a policy repeatedly, nobody ever brings up the idea of abolishing it later :roll:. I did have one lord suggest adding a policy once, but that was several characters ago and I do not remember the policy.

The ability to force +loyalty policies used to be the strongest thing the player can do for their kingdom's successful expansion. I do find myself surprised when the other kingdoms are able to keep foreign culture cities without revolts. I wonder if something changed in the most recent patch to allow this to happen more easily? I recently witnessed the Khuzaits taking about half the map. And because I was trying to unite the empire on the other side of the map... nobody would go to war against them, only against us :evil:

Oh no doubt winning battles is quicker.
Specially in the later stages where you can battle several times pr day..
But if you arent in that state of perpetual war, haveing that +5 pr day for doing nothing is very good was more my point.
Specially to tank the influence of all the others so you can get your poilices banked through in peace-time.

I've seen some policies been abolished, in favor of the "exclude the other policy" meaning those 2 that cant be going at the same time.

Sturgia with the King spends 50% less to seize fiefes - Prercurial land tenures.
I've seen that been abolished in most plays.
That is a starting policy of Sturgia, but I cant give an example on the fly of a proposed one come to think of it.
But generally the only one who propose new polices is me when I play so.

Back
Top Bottom