Hideouts, Shrines, and other spawners

Users who are viewing this thread

Regularity

Recruit
I'm sure everyone is familiar with spawners, those things that generate minor faction patrols to harass your local travelers. How do you guys typically handle these annoyances? I've been trying to brainstorm a good strategy, but I know too little about the mechanics behind them (spawn rate, location, triggers, etc) to decide on one. Some ideas...

• Whack-a-mole: Eliminate them all on sight within your general area.
  • Pruning: Leaving the more isolated ones closer to the map edges alone, rather than eliminating it and risking it reappearing closer to major trade routes.
  • Militia: Just spam the "send out new patrol for 1000 gold" button, and write up lost farmers and caravans as acceptable losses.
  • Befriending: Try and earn a positive reputation with the minor factions in question, thus stopping them from attacking your villagers, and increasing prosperity. Note: since they still attack foreign caravans traveling to your city, I think you still lose economy/trade rating.

In the long run, leaving it up to patrols/knights doesn't seem to work well since as they capture more prisoners, they slow down more, and thus eventually end up not being able to actually catch any patrols anymore (never mind the possibility they're whittled down and killed off over time). Also, compared to the spawn rate of these spawners, they appear too few to handle them effectively.

Anyone have any thoughts, corrections, or strategies of their own to handle hideouts, shrines, and other spawners?

Back
Top Bottom