Help combine various Sourcoats and Barded Horses

Users who are viewing this thread

I_Doblettes

Recruit
hi, can you help me please with a little thing about my module systeme

I have several resources of soutcots and heraldic horses and would like to add them to a troop of knights, but I need each unit to wear a specific horse and sourcoat so that they blend together and have the same heraldry

I am not referring to heraldic horses with a banner, but rather with a bard... that the troops use the bard and the sourcoat of the same design... but since they will have several sets in their inventory... I need them to use the different ones sets of horses and sourcoats of the same design.

sorry for my english is not my language

Upvote 0
You mean barded horses and the troop should then use the same heraldic colour at his armour? Then you can add a check for which horse is in the inventory of a troop and let the heraldic colour of the armour depend on that. You still need to create each single horse. Is that what you want to do?

Upvote 0
module_troops.py
Code:
common_i1 = [itm_caballo_leon,itm_surcoat_leon]
common_i2 = [itm_caballo_portugal,itm_surcoat_portugal]
common_i3 = [itm_caballo_castilla,itm_surcoat_castilla]
common_i4 = [itm_caballo_aragon,itm_surcoat_arago]
common_i6 = [itm_caballo_navarra,itm_surcoat_navarra]
common_i7 = [itm_caballo_catatrava,itm_surcoat_calatrava]
common_i8 = [itm_caballo_templario,itm_surcoat_temple]

I created these sets contain barded horses with similar sourcoats
module_troops.py
Code:
["horse_man", "Horse man", "Horse Men", tf_mounted|tf_guarantee_boots|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_helmet|tf_guarantee_gloves|tf_guarantee_horse|tf_guarantee_shield|tf_cristiano, no_scene, reserved, fac_kingdom_4,
 []+common_i1+common_i2+common_i3+common_i4+common_i6+common_i7+common_i8+common_i9,
 def_attrib|level(35), wp_one_handed(150), knows_common|knows_riding_6|knows_shield_5|knows_ironflesh_5|knows_power_strike_5, nord_face_middle_1, nord_face_older_2],
I added it to this troop according to the way I saw that it was done in VC but the problem is that the troop in the game does not use the sets, it uses the sourcoat of common_i8 and the barded horse of common_i6 and so on randomly... what I need is for it to use sets and not randomly....well randomly but take them together....sourcoat of common_i8 and barded horse of common_i8 etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I added it to this troop according to the way I saw that it was done in VC but the problem is that the troop in the game does not use the sets, it uses the sourcoat of common_i8 and the barded horse of common_i6 and so on randomly... what I need is for it to use sets and not randomly....well randomly but take them together....sourcoat of common_i8 and barded horse of common_i8 etc.
At VC it is also picking an item of each category randomly. How is the game engine supposed to know which sets fit together? Just have a separate troop entry for each single troop and equip them with their own horse and surcoat.

Upvote 0
At VC it is also picking an item of each category randomly. How is the game engine supposed to know which sets fit together? Just have a separate troop entry for each single troop and equip them with their own horse and surcoat.
but by putting the two objects in a set, the game engine should be able to take the objects together and not separately

maybe I'm asking for more than necessary jajaj

Upvote 0
but by putting the two objects in a set, the game engine should be able to take the objects together and not separately
No, that's not how it works. VC is creating lists with this method which get added to the item list of a troop, they are expanding the list. It's not an object on it's own. VC is using it to have a simple way to expand the range of available shields, weapons, etc. at the top of the file which gets used by the various troops without having to edit the item entries at every single troop tuple.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom