Freeze on start new game

Users who are viewing this thread

rimlanin

Recruit
Hello, I recently decided to give this mod a shot, but yet, it dosen't work. Please note I have the Steam (On Windows 7) version of the game, this means it is always on the latest version.

As I started installing, I got the error that my version dosen't match, because my version is <unknown>, this being typical in the Steam version, I went ahead anyway, because we do have the same version.

I installed the full release, then the hotfix patch and started it up, selected it from the menu and started the game. Then I just clicked Start New Game and it froze on "Launching Game". After I waited for quite some time without success and my task manager saying it is "Not Responding" I killed the process and started it again. I tried three more times with the same result.

Tried as administrator and It still dosen't work. Tried the FAQ thread, I did not find the "Load textures on demand Button" and the Tamer didn't do the job, either.

So here I am asking for a solution. Any help appreciated.

rimlanin said:
Hello, I recently decided to give this mod a shot, but yet, it dosen't work. Please note I have the Steam (On Windows 7) version of the game, this means it is always on the latest version.

As I started installing, I got the error that my version dosen't match, because my version is <unknown>, this being typical in the Steam version, I went ahead anyway, because we do have the same version.

I installed the full release, then the hotfix patch and started it up, selected it from the menu and started the game. Then I just clicked Start New Game and it froze on "Launching Game". After I waited for quite some time without success and my task manager saying it is "Not Responding" I killed the process and started it again. I tried three more times with the same result.

Tried as administrator and It still dosen't work. Tried the FAQ thread, I did not find the "Load textures on demand Button" and the Tamer didn't do the job, either.

So here I am asking for a solution. Any help appreciated.
Start the Warband Launcher, Go to Configure, Click the Video Tab, Check the "Show Framerate" box, Press OK, Start the mod.

Now when you start up the mod, you'll see in the upper left corner will be some numbers. That is your framerate. If that number does not move while the game is loading then that means something is wrong. If it is moving while still on the load screen, then that means it is loading and has not crashed. Same for when you start a new game in single player mode. You just need to be patient and let it load. After the 1st load it will get faster next time you load it again.

EDIT:
That number should be above 30 for optimal performance. If it is lower than that the majority of the time then you need to lower your graphic settings. If above or at 60 most of the time even in huge battles then it is safe to put your graphics up higher.

It stuck on 59 in the loading screen, it was between 100 and 120 on the menu. Once on loading screen it didn't move at all and stayed at 59.

Computica said:
Just wait for it to load. If it gets through the first loading screen then wait for at most a minute when you click single player.

Finally, it worked. It was a hell of a long load, but it finally worked, I just hope loading saved games dosen't take as much  :lol: :lol:

Anyways, thanks for the help, problem resolved.

rimlanin said:
Computica said:
Just wait for it to load. If it gets through the first loading screen then wait for at most a minute when you click single player.

Finally, it worked. It was a hell of a long load, but it finally worked, I just hope loading saved games dosen't take as much  :lol: :lol:

Anyways, thanks for the help, problem resolved.
No problem, I guess the mod is at that stage now. Brytenwalda takes about 3 minutes approx just to load the single player game.

@_@ Yes, very very long wait time. I thought it had frozen as well, but no, just took forever. I blame it on the size of the map.... Also, it seems to get longer with each update.

Starting a new game does work, but it is slow as hell. Even with 4 cores and 8GB of RAM, it took quite a while to load all the necessary files.
Hopefully, loading a saved game will be faster.

Halrik said:
@_@ Yes, very very long wait time. I thought it had frozen as well, but no, just took forever. I blame it on the size of the map.... Also, it seems to get longer with each update.
Nah, it is actually the amount of work that goes in script wise to setup the game. I noticed as soon as I implemented the new (automated) economy system the load time had became much longer.

The new automated econmy searches through all 96 towns and finds the 3 closes towns and sets trade routes between them, all 96. Then it goes through each town and village and assigns values of economic trade and production depending on how close they are to a water source and if there are in the desert, plains, forest, high up in the mountains, or tundra. The fiefs that have the highest amounts of fish will be the ones closest to the water. Same goes for salt, but desert areas can get more of this.

Bismarck said:
Starting a new game does work, but it is slow as hell. Even with 4 cores and 8GB of RAM, it took quite a while to load all the necessary files.
Hopefully, loading a saved game will be faster.
Aye, It's a Warband engine limitation. Setting up the economy is what has increased it since they aren't fixed values. Saving and loading will alwys be normal speeds as the game isn't recreating the economy of each town and village.

Back
Top Bottom