fix for shiny armor shields and missiles in 0.903

Users who are viewing this thread

it does matter, get the new one.
Also the 0.894 version had other files so if installing the 0.901 version doesn't help, you probably messed something major up and you will have to reinstall m&b and then apply the fix.

Ported to 0.902
I am not sure a port was needed, but just in case armagan changed some of the textures I did. Besides, it took me like 5 min so no biggie :wink:

It's really weird that Armagan hasn't fixed this yet. Maybe someone should post a bug report?

Looks like this is in .903 now.  I wonder if Armagan was doing this to save video memory as non-alpha'd sheets are 50% smaller.  Or maybe they just hadnt gotten around to adding alpha layers yet.

Well just took a look at 0.903 and they only seem to be working in directx9 and still to a limited degree, I guess I'll have to port once again :mrgreen:
By the way, the textures did have alphas but they were either wrong or completely white, they got about double their size when I updated, though, but seeing as this is already a 130MB (or something) game a couple of extra megs can't be too harmful.

EDIT: Ported to 0.903

guspav said:
Well just took a look at 0.903 and they only seem to be working in directx9 and still to a limited degree, I guess I'll have to port once again :mrgreen:
By the way, the textures did have alphas but they were either wrong or completely white, they got about double their size when I updated, though, but seeing as this is already a 130MB (or something) game a couple of extra megs can't be too harmful.

EDIT: Ported to 0.903

I've placed the files in your v.0903 package in the Commonres and Textures folder, but I still get snow-white hauberks. What more should I do to install this properly?

Armagan did fix some alphas and most armors seem to be shiny using directx9, if you, however, use directx7 you won't get any shinyness without my fix.
The warhorse, the charger, the missiles and some shields (plus some armor) were still opaque and that is what this fix corrects.
I've placed the files in your v.0903 package in the Commonres and Textures folder, but I still get snow-white hauberks. What more should I do to install this properly?
White textures? that's odd, did you modify anything before you added the fix? How exactly did you install it?

guspav said:
White textures? that's odd, did you modify anything before you added the fix? How exactly did you install it?

Applied the v903 patch to M&B v903 (previously patched from v894) with a pristine Native mod folder.

Then unzipped the contents of your v903 zip file, the brf-file into the Commonres directory and the textures into the common Textures directory (not the native mod-folder textures directory). Result - a few white armours in the inventory window and close in in battle.

I did sort of solve the problem though - some of the armour meshes were mapped to textures that didn't seem to exist, like the hauberk_a to costumes12. Changed that to costumes12_skins and then it worked perfectly.

I didn't know about this until now , i was browsing in the Released mod pages , and i founded it :smile:.I installed it , and the Shine of the armors / shields it's amazing.I never ran the game on DX 9 (So i didn't know how it actually is )But i saw in screenshots.Good job, and thanks for releasing this :smile:.

Back
Top Bottom