FenrisBarn's position on the matter - revised

Users who are viewing this thread

My main concern here is about what this is doing to the community, what the poor average player who has just joined this mod thinks when he gets steam rolled for the 7th consecutive time thats the concern i have and the one i would rather have addressed.

Bjorn, i can only recall you asking to split the teams up after my forum post which you did acknowledge reading to me in game. I might be wrong.

Suprisingly before that we were playing some games of Raid which were quite evenly matched which i believe would have been down to everyone spawning at different times and not being able to use some of the hardcore tactic's used of late in the battle games.

However i also agree on the most part with Dragomir I'm not posting on this forum to ***** about individual players i would just like to see in game play more fun for the public players. I will not post about this anymore as i feel my point has been raised.

I honestly don't think splitting up is the answer. Sure, it would fix the problem, but it'd be overkill. It's missing the point as much as having us Fyrnings using TS and clan tactics in public battles to keep it balanced. But if that's all you can offer...

hrotha said:
I honestly don't think splitting up is the answer. Sure, it would fix the problem, but it'd be overkill. It's missing the point as much as having us Fyrnings using TS and clan tactics in public battles to keep it balanced. But if that's all you can offer...
I agree Hrotha.

There is not an ounce of doubt in me that we are finally making progress in what initially came of as quarrel, and this I must say gives me hope. Furthermore, we will not get anywhere whatsoever if we don't communicate how we may feel or think, without the fear of being shunned or put down for opening up.

Me, Björn, Yrminulf, yes every member of the Fenris, have an open mind and heart to all commited member of this particular community – This naturally includes all of you who have pledged allegiance to the Fyrningas. It is in the best interest of all participants in this and other future discussions to come, that this is something that is recognized and and shared among us. We are and will always be idle ears and open arms to anyone who will approach us the same way, no matter how far away some form of agreement may or may not be at this point.

How and what will be agreed upon is still being worked on as we speak, but let me once more state myself clearly:

We're all in this together, and our arms are wide open.

______
Yngvald

hrotha said:
I honestly don't think splitting up is the answer. Sure, it would fix the problem, but it'd be overkill.

I see it as a compromise. We can keep using Skype and far developed tactics, without spoiling team balance and fun for the regular players. Isn't that a perfect solution? Regardless of what the team is using to fight, if the other team has the same, game will be balanced.

hrotha said:
It's missing the point as much as having us Fyrnings using TS and clan tactics in public battles to keep it balanced.

Silly competition is over, I don't really want to see FenrisBarn team against Fyrninga team (except for situations when it will mean balance - sometimes it does and sometimes even our teamwork is not enough to beat Fyrningas with the advantage of better non-clan players in your team), so there won't be any disadvantage for one clan using communication, and other not. Just do what you want guys and keep eye on the balance, we will do the same, m'kay? :wink:

hrotha said:
But if that's all you can offer...

Well, I can't recall anyone else coming up with any idea how to deal with the situation (or even with any specific references to Bjorn's solutions). We can't read Anglo Saxon minds and have no idea what would satisfy you, and what do you expect of us :wink:

I think splitting the pack is a simple and good solution, and nothing more needs to be said. It's only the balance we need to care for after all! I wish you good games, and you wish us the same!

I personally don't think people will see eye to eye in this no matter what is said.

When I first started playing vikingr, I was the worst player there ever was. I did not get a kill for what seemed like months. The best players were always on the other team. This mods huge learning curve and the heavy based team play is what truly appeals to me in this game. 8 to 9 months later I STILL suck at the game! From what I have read is that you are worried that new players won't have fun playing.

Honestly, sometimes you are the hammer and sometimes you are the nail. This is the way of the world, of WAR and of life. It is really how you approach the difficult circumstances. This is what makes you a man. The world is a cold dark place. How could you loose heart after a couple of bad rounds in a video game? What are you going to do when the wolf comes in real life.

I have had my share of unfortunate events in my life. You get past these events by fighting. By hard work and realizing the the strength that resides in true teamwork. There is no forum filled with diplomats to help solve things that you don't agree with. If you really could win with "limited effort" like what was said in older posts please do it. Are you telling me that you are not willing to put "limited effort" in to solving this "problem"? Can we just play the game and have fun?

Some people, myself included are perfectionists. When I do something in life I strive to be the best at it. This is how some people are. Our clan has some great players in it but we are not invincible. (FAR FROM IT) If you put forth the effort displayed in these threads in game you could beat us. There are many other clans (FERN has AMAZING PLAYERS and people) that have true talent in their midst.

It is really funny to me that a lot of people think SKYPE is what makes it unfair. If you could hear our actual conversations on skype you would probably all laugh at us. We talk MORE about what our second favorite animal is than any sort of tactical content. I enjoy these guys company and I will never stop using skype with them.

I will do whatever Bjorn decides is best for the clan but if it was my choice I would simple say "Vikings have come to Vikingr, ask Alfred the great how to stop it"

Like I proposed before, I was hoping me and Guth could never talk to each other ever again. This would alleviate a lot of unnecessary problems. I don't like trash talking or verbal anything...I enjoy fighting. If you agree Guth please don't respond.

We could all stop talking about this now and post our second favorite animals. Which I think is important.

I choose...Belgian Malinois which is my wolf dog. My wife chooses the polar bear.

Why can I not be assed to put effort in? I've just come home from Uni studying and working all day, and my job. I am tired and stressed and just want to wind down playing Vikingr. I don't want to fight a clan alone everytime I play.

And you say this does not make me a man? :lol:

And you said personally that you got crushed as a new player. So you kind of defeated your own arguement before it even begun  :wink:

Either way, the situation has been resolved. I played today, where your clanmates endeavoured to balance the teams.

b00227783 said:
And you said personally that you got crushed as a new player. So you kind of defeated your own arguement before it even begun  :wink:

Either way, the situation has been resolved. I played today, where your clanmates endeavoured to balance the teams.

I think you'd best read his post again -- he says this is the way it is : sometimes you are the nail, sometimes the hammer. :smile:

And concerning balance this is nothing new : it is our opinion that it is the responsibility of admins to ensure balance - we're just doing our job.

What Ragnar said about "being a man" is this: Not winning makes the difference, it is your mind-set! If i lose, i am looking for a weakness in the tactic which crushed me and my team in the last round. If i give up on victory in my head i have already lost. Same with winning. As long as people talk themselves into not having a chance against a stacked clan, they will either never or just randomly achieve victory. You fall seven times? Stand up eight times got damnit, that's how we got by...

I well remember the days of Yrmwulf, River Pirate and others, before there was Fyrninga not to mention FenrisBarn. And we managed to organise our team without Skype. In my personal opinion if someone is not interested in quality teamplay (not to mistake with powergaming!) he can set up a duel server. On FenrirSkogr we take care of balance. If someone does not on his server, it is not our responsability.

I work physically and mentaly hard for my living and play videogames to relax as well. I don't even have to take great effort in thinking or focusing to know where on the battlefield i and my class/weapon is needed and how to act. Once you grasped the game mechanics, everything flows and you can fool around with your buddies on skype, talk about women, traffic, martial arts, tell jokes or sing ridiculous country songs. Some people might think of us as uniformed high focused powergaming demon nerds, whos only joy is to kick other people's virtual arses. I have to dissapoint those people. We actually are good friends having a good time chit chating and sometimes sorting out wich formation to use for this round (wich we did via teamchat before).

There are many people agreeing to Ragnar's point of view.
I deeply respect and support Waedulf_Fyrniga's attitude in this annoying matter.
Celtichugs also is a reasonable man concerning this topic. And they are NOT in our call :wink:

Nonetheless: On FenrirSkogr we take care of balance, because it is the admins job to ensure it.

Peace out...    :razz:

I will reply Ragnar, on the fact that i do agree with you that you are sometimes the hammer or sometimes the nail, but this isnt one of those situations, you can go into talking about war and the way of the world and that the world is a cold dark place, but dont forget that this is a game  :shock:
I know we agreed to not speak again, but take this as more of me talking to everyone. Its a game, and games are first and foremost made for fun, not brutal lessons in life. Now games appeal to people alot more if they come online and find a good challenge and not a complete thrashing. I will speak no more on this matter as i feel i am just repeating my self. I have spoke with Bjorn alone on Skype and we have begun to understand eachother, and we will apply each others methods as needed of keeping the game fair and open to new players and to avoid team stacking and what not. I have no more to say on this matter.

Wait 'till I gather my army of waod-covered, naked, lime-haired CELTIC FURY warriors and stack a side, then ye shall no pain!

Hello my friends! give peace a chance and dont hate the Fenris! They are good men and humans like us, everyone does mistakes so lets play in harmony^^

Geyer said:
Hello my friends! give peace a chance and dont hate the Fenris! They are good men and humans like us, everyone does mistakes so lets play in harmony^^

Harmony is for the weak!

Now, let's focus on the important things in life - To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

@Yrmwulf
Thank you for your words.

Ya, currently when I am playing everything is quite balanced. Sure there is sometimes a map where one team dominates, but thats normal and that hadnt anything to do with the Fenris, and Bjorn does always switch to the other team if his team is ahead. Thumbs up for that Bjorn. Always fun on your server.

Back
Top Bottom