E3 2017 - It's that time of year again

Users who are viewing this thread

Meh, Call of Duty had swastikas since the dawn of time. Can't believe they are so lazy to cut them completely and not just from the german version. Again, I know Wehraboos will be mightly pissed being black Wehrmacht without swastikas, but as much as I like cringy crying Wehraboos, I'd prefer historical accuracy (kinda) and immersion (a bit, at least!) over butthurted Wehraboo any time.

F.F.C._fritz said:
I really don't want to hate (I jumped in the hype train like an idiot for the reveal trailer), but is it just me or, graphically, this COD WW2 is really not a big deal? Battlefield 1 looked better by far. It also seemed to have much larger maps and a more interesting gameplay. This one doesn't look much different from Day of Infamy, which not only seems more realistic but, at least, doesn't feature AFRO WEHRMACHT WOMEN SOLDIERS. Evenat Polygon they seems to be...surprised.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/14/15798864/call-of-duty-world-war-ii-black-female-german-soldier

It's shocking how much this game looks like World at War.

The WWII text in the title is going to be a better selling point than the content itself. Literally, they had one job...and still feels like they took one of their futuristic idiocies and just replaced the existing models with WWII-like stuff. Gameplay-wise, people are moving like the have a rocket booster stuck in their pants, and maps definitely feel really small. I don't recall it being like that in the other series.

Also, did the Garand have such a big iron sight?

The Bowman said:
The WWII text in the title is going to be a better selling point than the content itself. Literally, they had one job...and still feels like they took one of their futuristic idiocies and just replaced the existing models with WWII-like stuff. Gameplay-wise, people are moving like the have a rocket booster stuck in their pants, and maps definitely feel really small. I don't recall it being like that in the other series.

Also, did the Garand have such a big iron sight?

No, Garand iron sight was pretty small, but you must reckon it may be hard to translate in a videogame. They generally tend to change it a bit.
grd094a.jpg

First Brothers in Arms games are the only games I know in which they did the Garand iron sight some justice.
bia_2014-12-08_18-21-19-51.jpg

If you watch nothing else from E3, and I wouldn't blame you 'cause it's hours of dumb marketing, watch the Devolver Digital 'conference'. It's #worth.

I watched the YouTube cut of TB's snarkathon, that's quite enough for me. Don't remember any details about Devolver apart from him praising it, what was so good about it?

One thing that got tragically overlooked:

It looks like it's shaping up quite well. I can't believe we're finally getting another proper Metroidvania game.

Back
Top Bottom