Downlaod and newbie questions

Users who are viewing this thread

steelwarrior

Sergeant at Arms
Hi,

how to download the ptach without using the download manager?

Could not opne the link with the guide - is there anything like a good guide avaiable?

Oh and can i start my own realm?

Thanks

I got the donwlaod and it runs - I have to say this is the most amazing mod I have ever played - would just need some more eplanations - as I fear I do miss something.

What are the jonb points - can i get them for fullfilling personal quests for someone?

Do I get a village when I sign up - did not see anything like that - signed up with the Prussians...

Thanks so much for this amazing mod!

steelwarrior said:
What are the jonb points - can i get them for fullfilling personal quests for someone?
Job Points are acquired by working for the Butcher (downtown in cities) and the Woodcutter (in each village). Also joining a military campaign gets you job points I believe.

steelwarrior said:
Do I get a village when I sign up - did not see anything like that - signed up with the Prussians...
If you sign up as a 'foreign regiment', you're a mercenary. If you sign up as an Officer, you'll get a village.

ok - can I win as independent nation?

How to do woodcutting - I was hired but what now and how do I hunt? I signed up for both but do not know how to do them...

and how to build improvments for my village?

Oh and I get negative Prestige for executing prisoners (should be plus) - is that a bug?

What can I do?

steelwarrior said:
ok - can I win as independent nation?
Yes, in M&B there isn't really a "win" unless you conquer everything and even then its not really, but yes.

steelwarrior said:
How to do woodcutting - I was hired but what now and how do I hunt? I signed up for both but do not know how to do them...

As a lumberjack just show up at the village every morning to auto-work, for hunting there are wild deer around the map that you can attack and shoot.

steelwarrior said:
and how to build improvments for my village?

Oh and I get negative Prestige for executing prisoners (should be plus) - is that a bug?

What can I do?

To build improvements, get the required material and amount of cash and tell the village elder you want to build it. (you can see the material requirements at the build section)

I dunno, its fine for me, possibly a patch?

You can do many things,
a) Be a villager and work around
b) Be a merchant, buying and selling at diffrent towns
c) Be a Mercenary captain who defeats revolutionists and looters
d) Be an officer in a nation and fight for king and country, or the Emperor.
e) Become a warlord and capture a fort for yourself to start your kingdom/domain
f) Be a house tycoon owner and buy every house in the map and rent em out

The list goes on and on...

ok thanks

How to move up in ranks - I play with the Prussians - what can i do to go up the career

Did a mistake by leaving the army and the marshall removed me - what can i do know?

How do I build things at the blcksmith - whta resources do I need?

Are there special items in the game? What is the cross for?

What to do with my influence and how to use it?

Thanks

How does the automatic work in the lumber thing work - do i have to talk to someone or click at something?

Thanks!

You can start your own realm:

Ranking & Kingdom Management

- You can work by talking to the boss. Go to a village then visit the lumberjack.
- Fight, fight and fight! Best way to rank up.
- Removed you?
- You need to set up the blacksmith, then buy timber and iron.
- When sold, the cross brings some money into the pocket.
- Spend your influence to generals (talk to them) so you can 'control' them.

Thanks to all helpful members! I am very glad about it  :grin:.

Thanks - any special option when I talk to them to use my influence

What does building up productivity in my village do?

How to best inprove my realtionships within my faction...

If i conquer myself a fort or town - how to keep it as my fief?

Really enjoying this game...

Can I influence which Coalition my nation is going with?

Any companian combination that does not work - means complaining and leaving the group...

I'm not too old to the Mod too but I'll answer your question about spending Influence on Lords.

When you talk to them use 'I have a special type of question' and then it was something like 'I need you to do a task for me'. Then if you have enough influence points this is what you can do:

The containing of the following Spoiler has been Copy-Pasted from the Main Topic.

- Influence – Way to power!
* Influence Points are points you can gain from lords, invest these points in return of 
  AI actions!

Get influence points by:
* Bribing.
* Donating money.
* Buy a gift and give it (the better your trade skill, the lesser it costs)!
* Persuading (most effective and increased skill = increased chance)!
* Show your army to him (max. 2x á day)!
* Let him know how much honour you have earned by quests (max. 2x á day)!
* You get influence daily. Amount depends on your class. Spend your Influence Points to lords
* Let lord follow player.
* Let lord follow someone.
* Increase your relation with lord.
* Join faction – even if your current faction is at war.
* Order him to raid an enemy village!
* Order him to return to a town.
* Use influence to let him attack a party.
* Order him to siege a town!

Thanks for helping the newbies, guys!

What does building up productivity in my village do?
Your village will produce more stone, timber, weapons and tools.

How to best inprove my realtionships within my faction...
Help them by aiding them in battle. If you're at war, talk to a lord to get an peace offer. Beware they can attack you.  :lol:

If i conquer myself a fort or town - how to keep it as my fief?
Wait a while. You faction leader needs to decide.
Are you really sure you conquered the town?

Really enjoying this game...
Glad to hear this!

Can I influence which Coalition my nation is going with?
Unfortunately, no. But it's a nice idea. Post it in the right topic and I'll look at it later.

Any companian combination that does not work - means complaining and leaving the group...
Some companions are a bit.... unfriendly towards other companions.

thanks for the many answers - how about creating a FAQ with my questions and the existing guide  I guess many newbies have the same questions...

Am really amazed how good, deep and well thought this mod is - thanks again - am getting surpised again and again...

Do I need to have good relationship with all generals or just the king?

Does only the king decide if i can keep a fief?

Is the chancellorposition being elected or just chosen by the king?

Any plans to make starting an own kingdom more possible with being able to recruit vassals or adding more companians which i can make vassals and making it possible to give my kingdom a name...?

Somehow working as lumberjack is broken - never get the option to work even after getting hired...?

Yes I conquered mysel a city with my troops only and asked my king to assign it to me - just waiting for the answer...

Ok the asnwer was i hold alreayd big fiefs - i have only one village and relationship of 30 with my king - how come i did not get the fief and what can I do?

What do I do a friendly duell for?

sorry for asking silly questions but what does it help if my village produces more goods - do i get more tax from that - can I buy items cheaper there or anything else?

I just saw the option to convince people to make me chancelllor - is that marshall - what do i have to do to become it and what can io do then?

and a question to enterprises - they are supposed to make 2500 profit (black gold) but only do 780 and i have three of them... what happens?

Does the quality of iron and timber influence the quality of the weapons?

Is the lack of timber a balance issue or a bug?

when awarded a banner - how to change/chosse it?

and how high has my piano skill to be so that something happens, when I play a song - thanks...

what are th best firearms? What are the best melee weapons?

How to increase the prosperity of viallges - i have not tax did build all buildings but still no increase

What do buildings inside of cities exactly do? Any list possible?

Somehow working as lumberjack is broken - never get the option to work even after getting hired...?

I think that is a bug, not sure, though. Try installing the patch if you don't have it installed it will solve most of the bugs.

Yes I conquered mysel a city with my troops only and asked my king to assign it to me - just waiting for the answer...

I just conquered my first Fort and I had to wait a couple of days for Napoleon (I'm with French Empire) to decide if he will asign it to me, but he did. I knew it will take some days so I just set my camp near the Fort to defend it if attackers would approach while waiting for an answer. The answer came in the next days and I was the new owner of the Fort  :grin:

I think it's only for improving your skills. I did it several times, even 6-7 times with the same Lord and my Relation with him didn't change at all.

Ok the asnwer was i hold alreayd big fiefs - i have only one village and relationship of 30 with my king - how come i did not get the fief and what can I do?

I've only got two villages and a Fort so I haven't encountered this problem yet. I think increasing the Relation with your Faction Leader helps but I'd like to know the official answer too.

steelwarrior said:
thanks for the many answers - how about creating a FAQ with my questions and the existing guide  I guess many newbies have the same questions...

Am really amazed how good, deep and well thought this mod is - thanks again - am getting surpised again and again...

Any plans to make starting an own kingdom more possible with being able to recruit vassals or adding more companians which i can make vassals and making it possible to give my kingdom a name...?

sorry for asking silly questions but what does it help if my village produces more goods - do i get more tax from that - can I buy items cheaper there or anything else?

I just saw the option to convince people to make me chancelllor - is that marshall - what do i have to do to become it and what can io do then?

and a question to enterprises - they are supposed to make 2500 profit (black gold) but only do 780 and i have three of them... what happens?

and how high has my piano skill to be so that something happens, when I play a song - thanks...

How to increase the prosperity of viallges - i have not tax did build all buildings but still no increase

Hey thanks,

I added lots of questions to my previous post :wink:

How toi add soldiers to my officer - he is still in my party and i do not know what to do...

Really appreciate this =)!

Relationship is the same as in Native. You should maintain good relations with all generals and the faction leader.

Keep? You mean: giving a fief? Well, yes. He's the faction leader!

The position of Chancellor is given when a lord gets most votes. Lords, the faction leader and maybe you can vote.

You can rename your kingdom in your camp menu. Creating vassals is not possible unfortunately.

How to work as woodcutter: go to the menu then you'll be able to work. You have a wait one way though as stated in the dialogue.

You have played Native? And did you really conquer the town or were you assisting?

" was i hold alreayd big fiefs "

It's like playing... soccer. Win or lose!

Producing more...
Money -> buildings -> prestige
Timber -> buildings -> prestige
Stone -> buildings -> prestige
Tools -> buildings -> prestige
Weapons -> free recruits

That's exactly the position of the Marshall in Native mode. You'll have to maintain good relations (so they vote for you) with lords and the faction leader
and become a vassal or increase your Influence Points and make them give you this honor.

Then the economy is a bit... down.

Nope it doesn't. You'll always get the best quality of weapons.

Balance issue. Otherwise you'll make more profit then working for the lumberjack boss or butcher.

I am not sure if I disabled the option in the camp menu, but you shouldn't be able to change it.

Higher than 80 -> +1, higher than 120 -> +2. The points are randomly added to your relationship when talking to a lord.

Try all of them then decide what's better. In general there are no 'best' weapons. It should be balanced.

At the moment, prosperity of Native mode cannot be changed by building/lowering taxes. However finishing quests should solve this.

Which buildings? For example the bank or houses? Well, walk to the door and 'talk' to it. =X

Hey thanks

to to two open points

Yes I conquered it alone with my small elite force of dragoons, curassiers and my companians - about 100 guys

And I wanted it to be awarded - sometimes it works sometimes not - well the king said i have big fiefs when i only had this small desolate village - which is kind of nonesense and later on he gave me other fiefs...

With building in cities In mean the ones that I can build - what do they do and what do the festivals do?

Thanks for the many replies and great support!

Back
Top Bottom