Display troops levels - a useful tool

Users who are viewing this thread

After trying a couple of mods I consistently ran into an issue where I would not have a clear idea of the troop levels based on the name of the troop, and therefore get crushed forces much stronger than mine. Instead of taking the time to learn every level of every troop for each new mod I try out, I decided to quickly edit .../modules/***/troops.txt and it made my life a lot easier. I also use it to make self imposed challenges such as: "I can only have troops in my party that are an equal or lower level than mine". Anyway if you would like to give it a try yourself open excel and paste the below formular into A1:

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(SEARCH({"A";"B";"C";"D";"E";"F";"G";"H";"I";"J";"K";"L";"M";"N";"O";"P";"Q";"R";"S";"T";"U";"V";"W";"X";"Y";"Z"},B1))),CONCATENATE(LEFT(B1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B1," ","~",2),1)-1),"_",MID(B3,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B3," ","~",6),1)+1,2)," ",MID(B1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B1," ","~",2),1)+1,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B1," ","~",3),1)-FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B1," ","~",2),1)-1),"_",MID(B3,FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B3," ","~",6),1)+1,2)," ",RIGHT(B1,LEN(B1)-FIND("~",SUBSTITUTE(B1," ","~",3),1))),IF(ISBLANK(B1),"",B1))

Next copy all the text in .../modules/***/troops.txt , click on B1 and paste it (it will then continue down the B column). Click on A1 again and drag the formula down the A column till the B column has ended. Copy the A column text and paste it back into .../modules/***/troops.txt overwriting all the text and save the text file. Relaunch M&B and the levels will be visible at the end of the names, I hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom