disable/remove artillery and similar effects

Users who are viewing this thread

blackguard

Recruit
Which troops are the ones that magic instakill me and my machinegunners via bombing? I have to ask because apparently we are all killing ourselves due to some bug. Myself and my 5 other npc companions would be able to raid these baggage caravans if it weren't for the invisible teleporting bombs. Any way to remove this ******ry from the game?

Get used to the coehorns.  All sides have them, only the Japanese sides have more.  Learn to fight them or learn to fight them.

The text stating your troops killed themselves is a glitch that is still in the works.  It's a working beta for crying out loud.  Live with it.

"The text stating your troops killed themselves is a glitch"
no it is not. what else should the game say? artillery/artillery troops killed some people? they didn't even appear in that battlefield.

remove artillery from japanese is almost the same as remove aircraft carrier from US navy, how could they fight a war without it?

Yes I realize artillery existed in this mods setting, but I don't like it.

I went through troop editor and got rid of coehorn items, radios, telephones, and even flags (since there were flag bearers in the baggage party) to see if it got rid of the magic bombs, but it didn't.

It seems like the bombs aren't even coming from units that are even on the battlefield, which explains a lot I guess. This feature is not working well at all in my opinion, I was hoping I wouldn't have to spam mounted units like I do in every other mod I've played, and was really starting to enjoy this mod before this was happening.

If you could point me in the right direction I would happily remove it from my game, thanks.

Well, artillery was heavily used during by all nations in WWII. Artillery is annoying in all games. Live with it or don't play it. Wait until he implements aircraft in the game you will love it even more  :lol:

zzs8mm said:
Live with it or don't play it.
No? I like everything else this mod has to offer.

If he refuses to tell me where this 'feature' can be gotten rid of I'll just **** around in the troop editor until I can hopefully find out myself. If it can't be undone then I can live with it, but I'd ask if it could be optional in future releases. Because as it is artillery is just forcing me into either spamming mounted units or possibly magic bombs of my own (apparently disabled for the player character anyway), in which case I'll be sitting back while the ai fights itself. May as well do auto battles at that point.

Many games on modern warfare has artillery and I hate them. But as in real life artillery is very important. I just do what you do, use calvary and take out the enemy, plus it is faster.

I don't think any troops control artillery. I have destroyed all the best troops and with the crappy troops left, artillery is still firing. The AI controls it until the end when you take out their last troop. Plus, the Japanese are now firing about 4-5 shots in one call while my allies only get one shot.

Yep, I was right, even with the last battles in the room in the town, I am going against many prisoners (not sure why they are fighting since they are "prisoners") and the artillery is still firing, even in the room!

the problem is the artillery is too powerful
in real war troops take cover when being shelled, in this mod your units cannot go prone or anything like that, i can accept the first artillery shell killing 7 of my men, but i would like to believe i have a professional standing army who would not simply stand there and be shelled while i try and organize a defense only to get shelled myself. while the Japanese troops seem almost invincible to china artillery, i have seen shells land in the middle of a Japanese hoard and not a single casualty. i understand the Japanese could ass-whoop any china army, but the armies of china knew how to take cover when being shelled.

nilloc93 said:
i have seen shells land in the middle of a Japanese hoard and not a single casualty

Because the Japanese soldiers have higher hit points than other non Japanese units.

zzs8mm said:
Mortar is artillery...

No, Mortar's on the map are the coehorns.  Artillery is not visible on the screen except by ordering in a bombardment.  Mortar's are typically small man-operated weapons in the second WW (of course, there are exceptions and larger mortars are used... just not at a great distance as they lob the shots up and over rather than at the longer reaching angles of the common howitzer (howitzer is able to fire by lobbing and by direct shot. Cannon is direct shot only (slight arc to counter gravity), and mortar is lobbed, typically with shorter range).

I though they were the same cannon, howitzers, or mortars. I know you can use howitzers and cannons as direct shot, but then it becomes a anti-tank/personel weapon. I have always though artillery is firing indirectly into an area to hit a target, although with coordinates and maps and foward observers, but may or may not be accurate. So by saying howitzers
is able to fire by lobbing and by direct shot
you mean that howitzers can get the shots correct and on target each time firing over hills and mountains and trees without a FO?

Although wikipedia explains this: "Weapons covered by the term 'modern artillery' include 'cannon' artillery such as the howitzer, mortar, field gun and rocket artillery. Certain smaller-caliber mortars are more properly designated small arms rather than artillery, albeit indirect-fire small arms."

I guess the smaller ones would be then considered indirect small arms.. but then again it is still high explosive and the wikipedia Small Arms article counter itself.. so??

I know what mortars are in the game...  :roll: I rather see the American type mortars instead of the Japanese being used by the Chinese armies. However, I never researched into the Japanese type mortars or how often it was used by the Chinese.

nilloc93 said:
in real war troops take cover when being shelled, in this mod your units cannot go prone or anything like that, i can accept the first artillery shell killing 7 of my men, but i would like to believe i have a professional standing army who would not simply stand there and be shelled while i try and organize a defense only to get shelled myself. while the Japanese troops seem almost invincible to china artillery, i have seen shells land in the middle of a Japanese hoard and not a single casualty. i understand the Japanese could ass-whoop any china army, but the armies of china knew how to take cover when being shelled.
You can prone..

russik112 said:
nilloc93 said:
You can prone..

Anyone ever able to prone and fire?  It never allows me to do that... so don't really see much of a point to it.

Anyone ever able to prone and fire?  It never allows me to do that... so don't really see much of a point to it.
[/quote] Well.. William I THINK will fix this in the next release..

Back
Top Bottom