Deal with Looters quest: where are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Couscous

Recruit
This has happened to me several times.

I accept a guildmaster's "Deal with Looters" quest. I find and kill three lots of them and get paid for them, but there are apparently more. I scour all of the land nearby but cannot find any looters at all.

How on earth do I finish this frustrating quest? I keep running out of days.

Of course high spotting helps too.
Patrol in the area of the town but also getting more distant from it.

I had this yesterday, a band of 4 looters just disappeared. I had 20 days to do it in so I went and did something else for 12 days and then came back and found them. Maybe doing that is the best option, come back later and search.

Hmm, I've done lots of these quests and I've never had the slightest problem.  Is your "spotting" skill low?
I boost my "pathfinding" and "spotting" skills right away... :?:

Heheh!

I've done about 5-6 of these and usually managed to kill em all off in time without any problems. What I usually did was chase down every bandit/looter/raider party I could kill and more often then not, I'd run into the target parties along the way.

Then M&B pulled a fast one on me. I got the quest from Uxhal guild master and searched around and killed off a few of these looters. Then just couldn't find the rest. I finished every other quest I had in the area and still no sign of them. I spent a full 14 days looking for them...nothing.
Finally with 1 day left, I was getting ticked off, so I enabled the cheats and used truesight.

Guess what? I find three of my target parties patrolling between Halmar and Tulga? How is that near Uxhal? :roll:
Maybe the looters locked onto some caravan or something and got dragged along for a long chase until the caravan pulled out of their target range  :?:

I'm doing this quest and I can't find any of them. I can't get my hands on a single one. I know the looters related to the quest have blue numbers, but they didn't even spawn at the town like they should have. I've searched the whole damn kingdom and I can't find a single one. I want to kick that Guildmaster right in the taint  :meh:

Guys, it seems that to complete this quest, you only have to kill some of the targets you could find (i killed like 5 to 7 bands of the targeted looters) and then speak to the guild master. he will pay you for every bands you killed, and then thank you for the job you did. and... boom! quest completed and your wallet will be filled with denars!  :party: :party:

i think it is better to hunt down more targets to get more money from the guild master. 

well... i dont know if it works for anyone else, but it did work for me

i hope i realize this sooner.  i spend too much time trying to find those looters... :facepalm:

Some quests have "success", "failure", and "partial" outcomes.  You can kill off a few parties and still get partial credit, and receive pay for the ones you do kill.  I don't think you get the relations boost with the village, however, because you only did part of the job, and someone else will need to finish it.  At least it doesn't damage your reputation.

Hey. So I understand the situation, it's frustrating and annoying. But, if you can atleast find some parties of general bandits and outlaws and atleast one set of looters and speak to the guild master, he'll also tell you (if you cannot find the looters) that they've left as they were terrified and ran for your life. (I'm using the clash of kings module, so I have no idea if this is also in native warband.) but here's a screenshots I took of dialogue. https://()gyazo.com/9e4()15e3b7e87e64a44d2a9eb84380a45 (I know this post is old but, people are bound to come by and see this, so hopefully this helps them out.) Please remove the () characters as you see them in the link.

Back
Top Bottom