Caravan AI on new map

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyclohexane

Knight at Arms
Thank you in advance for helping if you can:

I am looking for the map code that descripes the caravan AI (i.e. pathfinding). 

I swaped the native M&B map for the native Warband map in an M&B mod I am working on and have reports of lords getting stuck on bridges and caravans that take a long way around.  If I knew where this code was, I could copy + paste the warband section and insert into the M&B module. 

Any help is appreciated! 

Pathfinding is usually a problem with the terrain polygons - there is no code other than arbitrary trade routes between towns that tells them where to go. You can try to define arbitrary waypoints so that approaching parties pass through the middle of a bridge rather than at an oblique angle.

Somebody said:
Pathfinding is usually a problem with the terrain polygons - there is no code other than arbitrary trade routes between towns that tells them where to go. You can try to define arbitrary waypoints so that approaching parties pass through the middle of a bridge rather than at an oblique angle.

Can you please let me know where the arbitrary trade routes are?  If I knew that, I could copy & paste the Warband code into the M&B code.  It would at least fix the caravan taking the long route problem. 

The map I am using for the Mount&Blade module (vanilla) is the Warband map.  They probably have the terrain polygons fixed...

In WB, caravan pick the next town by most profitable trade price then travel to that town. As said, it uses the general AI path finding as all other AI parties.

Back
Top Bottom