Can the spies be reworked?

Users who are viewing this thread

JuJu70

Right now the way spies work and die doesn't make alot of sense.

I send a spy to a castle/town way in advance. He really doesn't tell me much, other than the number of defenders and i can see that anyway myself. So what is he spying on? And then he dies. Right...

So, this is a proposal - a spy should have a small chance of being caught on infiltration. Then pretty close to 0 if he is not doing anything, and a bigger chance on executing stuff. Right now I lose spies mostly when they are inactive but when it comes to poisoning the well it almost always works. Illogical. Also can a spy be discovered but escape? Can you also add a command 'sabotage and rejoin me' ?

JuJu70 said:
Right now the way spies work and die doesn't make alot of sense.

I send a spy to a castle/town way in advance. He really doesn't tell me much, other than the number of defenders and i can see that anyway myself. So what is he spying on? And then he dies. Right...

So, this is a proposal - a spy should have a small chance of being caught on infiltration. Then pretty close to 0 if he is not doing anything, and a bigger chance on executing stuff. Right now I lose spies mostly when they are inactive but when it comes to poisoning the well it almost always works. Illogical. Also can a spy be discovered but escape? Can you also add a command 'sabotage and rejoin me' ?

It is a chance actually. With spy in town you get garrison information, improve relation with that town, enemy lose relation with that town, you can poison and others features. I think that spy are right.

Garrison I can see when I am nearby, enemy losing relation - hm, how much does affect AI? I have a spy in a city, my enemy sits there and increases his army 25-30 people a day, I would say it's not much of a help, increasing relations with city - what does it do? and to top it off 80% of my spies die when there is nothing happening, but when it comes to poisoning the well it works in like 80-85% of the time. I haven't stormed a castle in quite some time, spies re so much more convenient.

I would say something is wrong with this picture.

I can and that's when he should be executed not when he just eats and drinks and yaps about me.

Back
Top Bottom