In Progress Blocked defenders during Aseri castle sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:I noticed that when capturing Aseri castles, defenders get stuck in similar places, such as the house to the left of the stairs to the lord's hall. I noticed this in Tamnuh and Ukbie castles but I think they may not be the only ones. Additionally, in Ukbie, one of the defenders blocked himself in one of the houses adjacent to the outer walls. I will attach screenshots to show the places.
Scene Name (if related): Tamnuh and Ukbie
Media (Screenshots & Video):
In Ukbie:
89194e0f56bfb6ab4c501d0357092d6a.jpg

192f11d70587006fb1434353708e271d.jpg

And the same house in Tamnuh:
c0260ee90987a320af4b84fe96bbc35d.jpg

Yeah... congratulations.
It's a distance, not a number of units. Brilliant. I didn't write anywhere how many of them were blocked. But just one recruit in the hut wouldn't let them win.
WOW! 26 trapped in one house, 38 in another and 45 to the max. That's a new world record ! Congrats !

There goes my theory that only 1 or 2 get trapped.

It was resolved once.
Maybe the patch just hasent come out yet.

Yeah... congratulations.
It's a distance, not a number of units. Brilliant. I didn't write anywhere how many of them were blocked. But just one recruit in the hut wouldn't let them win.
Total embarrassment , I can blame my age, poor eye sight and poor brain.

Like I've said before, sieges should end long before you get to 1 or 2 defenders left. Anyway, sieges are a non event now, attacker can easily take the walls like they aren't there.

It was resolved once.
Maybe the patch just hasent come out yet.

yes, it's exactly the same situation, thanks.
It would be nice if applicants wrote keywords in the title. I looked to see if there was any mention of such a situation and I found nothing.

Like I've said before, sieges should end long before you get to 1 or 2 defenders left. Anyway, sieges are a non event now, attacker can easily take the walls like they aren't there.

exactly as you're saying. Just like during a battle in the field, when the units are still on the board but run away, the battle ends automatically.
I also saw a cool idea to divide sieges into stages where the defenders retreat and occupy subsequent defense points.

Had the same at Tubilis castle (it looks like the exact same castle as your photos though?) and reported it a month ago with a reply saying its being worked on. I think some of these doors should just become destructible after siege defenders are into single digits to act as a precaution.

exactly as you're saying. Just like during a battle in the field, when the units are still on the board but run away, the battle ends automatically.
I also saw a cool idea to divide sieges into stages where the defenders retreat and occupy subsequent defense points.

Multiple stages siege defense would be cool but isn't that what the "Keep battle" was ? But it didn't really work as envisioned.

Get rid of the keep battle, it was a good idea but didn't work in practice. Have a second defensive line, maybe on a flight of stairs ? Melee troops at the bottom of the stairs, archers on top, also archers on the flanking walls shooting down. I suspect some castles / towns might need redesigning ? (which Devs probably won't do)

If any soldier is "stuck" - trying to move (move animation) but cannot (no progress in any direction) then kill it - remove it.

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom