Best initial character creation choices?

Users who are viewing this thread

gain7095

Regular
Hi I do realize there is a thread that tells all the stat benefits from your characters start game choices, but I just wanted a bit of advice from you guys.  If I'm going to make a sword, sheild, and lance char what would be some good intial choices/attribute/skill picks?

Gr. Adm. Thrawn said:

That is outdated. Also shield, sword, lance character = no bow or crossbow. You are severely gimping yourself if you do not have a good ranged weapon(especially in sieges) but its your decision.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151593.15.html

If you are using a shield, sword, and lance you are using throwing as well? Throwing in this game is pretty weak compared to archery. Also having only one slot for throwing weapons means you won't be able to use them much and the investment in power throw might be a bit of a waste.

felixng2011 said:
Gr. Adm. Thrawn said:

That is outdated. Also shield, sword, lance character = no bow or crossbow. You are severely gimping yourself if you do not have a good ranged weapon(especially in sieges) but its your decision.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151593.15.html

If you are using a shield, sword, and lance you are using throwing as well? Throwing in this game is pretty weak compared to archery. Also having only one slot for throwing weapons means you won't be able to use them much and the investment in power throw might be a bit of a waste.

For sieges you ditch the lance and load up a fine siege crossbow/steel bolts.  It's pretty easy to hit stuff in sieges with low crossbow skill. 

Yeah for sieges I do usually go the x-bow route......well hell I have yet to really try horse archery as it seems a pain and I'm pretty good with the couched lance, but maybe I will give it a go

gain7095 said:
Yeah for sieges I do usually go the x-bow route......well hell I have yet to really try horse archery as it seems a pain and I'm pretty good with the couched lance, but maybe I will give it a go

If you want HA you can go two handed, lance, bow and arrow
OR one handed, shield, bow, arrow
OR two handed, bow 2 stacks of arrows.
All are good and viable.

Stage 1

A banished chieftan's son from the D'Shar Steppes
Strength +3, Agility +2, Intelligence +1,
Power draw +3 - Ride +3 - Horse Archery +3 - Pathfinding +3 - First aid +1

Stage 2

then sent you out on your own to hunt in the wilds
Strength +1, Agility +1,
Horse archery +1 - Tracking +1 - Pathfinding +1

OR

left you to fend for yourself
Agility +2, Intelligence +1,
Looting +2 - Spotting +1

Stage 3

A squire (Male only)
Strength +1, Agility +1,
Power strike +2 - Weapons master +1 - Ride +1 - Trainer +2 - Leadership +1

OR

A bard
Charisma +3,
Weapons master +1 - Pathfinding +1 - Persuasion +3 - Leadership +2

OR

A scholar at a local Barclay university
Intelligence +2,
Weapons master +1 - Wound treatment +2 - Surgery +2 - First Aid +2 - Persuasion +2

Stage 4

The lure of gold, the bright prospect
Agility +1, Intelligence +1,
Looting +2

Or

Personal revenge
Strength +2,
Power strike +1 - Tactics +1

Or

Being forced out of your home
Strength +1, Intelligence +1,
Weapons master +1 - Tactics +1

Or

Wanderlust
Agility +2,
Tactics +1 - Pathfinding +1

That is what I recommend. The ones that I didn't include I feel aren't that good choice wise. Feel free to look at the starting stats topic more carefully. In my opinion having 8 points into somewhat useful skills>>>4 in useful skills at the start which is why I feel that some choices are not too good since they give you few stats and skills. It is basically like having 4 more skill points. It will benefit you more in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom