BeNeLux Series: Eighty Years of War ( Original thread / Old thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verbeek said:
Peralta said:
Yeah, pretty much :smile:

Although keeping you from playing BNL:EYW should be deemed illegal imo...

Working on some code for the 0.3 already btw, got three books about the the BeNeLux in the 17th century spread around me and I'm looking for some nifty items and characters :smile:

You ever seen the old dutch series 'Floris' with Rutger Hauer?
Might find some nice characters in there

I try to avoid watching (old) dutch series, since dutch just doesn't quite sounds as good on screen :wink:

Thanks for the hint tho, will look in to it asap :wink:

Peralta said:
Verbeek said:
Peralta said:

Working on some code for the 0.3 already btw, got three books about the the BeNeLux in the 17th century spread around me and I'm looking for some nifty items and characters :smile:

I try to avoid watching (old) dutch series, since dutch just doesn't quite sounds as good on screen :wink:

nm, appears to be 50 years before the eighty years war

Verbeek said:
Peralta said:
Verbeek said:
Peralta said:

nm, appears to be 50 years before the eighty years war

Ah, well, no big deal :wink:

As soon as Archonod sets up our board, we can start looking for new team members in an efficient way (allthough interested people can post here too)

If I want to get this new stuff done, I'm gonna need some good modellers and texturers :smile:

And for those looking for a challenge: who is skilled enough to make a scene for 17th century Antwerp or Amsterdam?

Hmm, just dnl'ed it and the map seems awfully wrong.

Flanders's cities and towns are in all the wrong locations and some weird choices for fortresses.
For example Poperinge is a fortress and Kortrijk a village? Doornik next to Brussels and Ieper below Kortrijk?

(sorry if this sounds a bit negative :tongue: it just struck me)

Cpt.Manco said:
Hmm, just dnl'ed it and the map seems awfully wrong.

Flanders's cities and towns are in all the wrong locations and some weird choices for fortresses.
For example Poperinge is a fortress and Kortrijk a village? Doornik next to Brussels and Ieper below Kortrijk?

(sorry if this sounds a bit negative :tongue: it just struck me)

Yes I know. Sorry for that. It was quite a hell to spread out all the villages/castles good so I pulled the decision to be not that accurate in this bèta with the locations. I will change them in the next version, because they should have the appropriate places in the map.

Come on Archonsod, we need this board!

I want to see a huge screenshot topic en read about all our mistakes ^^

i'm downloading right now :mrgreen:

and yes we need a subboard because this is the first DUTCH MOD

we're happy  everyone from BeNeLux is  :grin: :grin:

Well, all I really want to say is congrats on the release. I know you put a lot of time and effort into this and to see it actually released is more than I expect from almost any mod. So, as I said, congrats.

EDIT: oh, and I'm downloading it right now, it sounds so awesome :grin:!!

Ok, we had some really great feedback already (both here as on the repository), and it seems one of the issues is the names of certain troops and items all being in the language of the faction they belong to...

I'm translating them all to an english variant now, so if Jezze agrees, we can upload a fully english version as well?

(note: conversations, menus, etc are english in the current version as well, just so you know :wink: )

note: still wondering when we'll get our own board, Jezze, did you say "please" when you asked them?  :razz:

EDIT: thank you, dear mods and/or admins of this superbe forum :smile:

It was moved from the Benelux forum so, maybe I did.

An english version seems ok to me. If we do this for the bèta or later releases we can decide later.

And thanks for the sub-board! :grin:

EDIT: I requested to get this topic moved to our sub-board now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom