Need More Info *.bank and Graphic Problems After 1.2.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Application crashed because a fatal error occured while checking sound bank files. CRC Check failed!
Re-validating game files may solve this issue.

-File(s) : *.bank
-Error: Validation failure

1.Unfortunately, because my account has been newly created, I am not allowed to attach any photos. That's why I copied the error message as it appears to me.
I clean reinstalled the game twice.
I also deleted the entire (:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord)“Sounds” folder and once only deleted the “PC” folder within the Sounds folder. I then checked the files via Steam and reinstalled them. Unfortunately, this didn't help either.

2. After the 1.2.7 update, the graphics on the world map (for example in the mountains) look worse than before. I also noticed during the fights that some of the graphics there looked very crinkly and/or washed out. Zooming in to see enemy troops, for example, is so blurry that the function is no longer worth it.
For me personally, the first point is more important than the second because otherwise I can no longer play the game. I just wanted to mention the second point. Maybe they have an idea.
Summary:
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU Nvidia GForce RTX 3060
GPU Driver Version: 546.33
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 F
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 2 TB

Last edited:
Hey, sorry for the inconvenience. You can try deleting the shaders file in "Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" and verifying the integrity of the game files. Can you please share your Crash ID with me so we can further inspect the issue? If the issue is persistent, you can share files via using Ticket. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.

Hello everyone,
I have patched to version 1.2.9 since today and now when I start with the normal launcher I always get the same error message:
"Application crashed because a fatal error occurred while checking sound bank files. CRC Check failed!
Re-validating game files may solve this issue.

-File(s) : *.bank
-Error: Validation failure"

I've already tried everything on your troubleshooting list, including a clean reinstall.
The game runs behind the error message, but completely without sound. In the audio settings I can't set which device the sound should be played back with. If I click "ok" on the error message, the game crashes. The window after that just closes no matter what I click on.

Summary:
How to Reproduce
:starting the game
Scene Name (if related): intro
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA RTX 4080
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.5123
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF, 3400 MHz, 16 Cores, 24 logical
RAM: 32,0 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Z790 UD
Storage: Kingstone SNV2S200G 2TB SSD

This is a bit embarrassing, but I just found the solution myself.
I started the launcher and then, out of a premonition, checked my system sound settings. (go to desktop - display settings - Sound - app volume device preferences - bannerlord). Strangely, there was no playback device stored there. So not even standard. Now that I have set my desired playback device there, I was able to start the game normally via the launcher. No error message and the sound is finally back.

Back
Top Bottom