Alliances or Standing peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any chance of alliances becoming a thing or at the very least a set given time for how long peace will last also giving the option to completely bypass the war by paying a large sum of dinars via one large payment or tribute without technically going to war more like war negotiations before actual war is declared

Also this could be implemented by instead of instant war being declared the trade pop up window appears and you can give fiefs, items, or denars to prevent the war from starting

Is there any chance of alliances becoming a thing or at the very least a set given time for how long peace will last also giving the option to completely bypass the war by paying a large sum of dinars via one large payment or tribute without technically going to war more like war negotiations before actual war is declared
Unless something has changed Taleworlds has said no to alliances. We've asked, begged and pleaded to have them added but for some reason they won't add them.

I could see a scenario where all of the kingdoms made alliances and there is no longer war. You would have to break an alliance to gain more territory. The idea is a good one, but the logic behind it could be quite complex. They would have to consider a lot in the decision to make an alliance and break it.

I could see a scenario where all of the kingdoms made alliances and there is no longer war. You would have to break an alliance to gain more territory. The idea is a good one, but the logic behind it could be quite complex. They would have to consider a lot in the decision to make an alliance and break it.
Iirc the Floris mod handled alliances pretty well. They were timed and couldn't be broken, except by the player, and it was a big penalty of pissing off everyone else even neutral rulers. I believe kingdoms could only be in an alliance with one other faction. It was fairly simple but it added a lot of complexity to the game.

That is the big problem, AI lords already make hasty peace and war without true consideration. Like when they are already at war and decide to declare war on another kingdom. This would lead to boring standstills between kingdoms, and would make the game just drag on. I think the lack of alliances make the game a lot more fun, but it could be nice if two kingdoms allied to fight the strongest kingdom for a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom