A few questions from longtime player

Users who are viewing this thread

illapa

Regular
Hi I've been playing this mod for almost a year way before it even had its own thread I just haven't ever posted on the forums. I absolutely love the mod congratulations on the amazing progress. It it is my favorite mod I'll just say a few things that bother me or I think should be changed a bit.

First of all is the item "left hand pistol shield" only for ai? It looks awesome and I'd love to have one for my character but I've never in months of playing this seen it in a store  :sad:

Second: I love the new maps, but Siege at Chickasaw town is near impossible due to bad pathing. Also attacking pirate hideouts is impossible because all your allies stay on the boat and you essentially have to clear the entire pirate group alone.

These are great concepts they add a lot to gameplay but something as simple as deleting the railing on the boat you start on would do wonders to fix the problem because your ai allies would actually jump off the boat and help you. As for chickasaw just make the defenders spawn closer to the attackers and the attackers not spawn underwater  :???: because at the moment thats what happens and they get stuck there and shot to pieces.

Third: can we get some weapon balance for the three european factions? I personally play a lot as Spanish and I like to roleplay but every Spanish item is clearly far inferior to their French and especially British counterparts. Spain is renown for great metalworking so why on earth are their swords inferior to British ones? If this game were to take place in the 1800s I would understand British superiority but here in the 7 Years War the three (european) sides were equal in technology. Spain was in a resurgance in power its armies performed well in this time period and France was at its height I don't see a real reason to make British = better.

I know the game isn't fully done I'm sure someone has said these before I just wanted to say all my thoughts in this one post to get my opinion out. Thanks for the awesome mod and keep up the good work  :mrgreen:

illapa said:
Hi I've been playing this mod for almost a year way before it even had its own thread I just haven't ever posted on the forums. I absolutely love the mod congratulations on the amazing progress. It it is my favorite mod I'll just say a few things that bother me or I think should be changed a bit.

First of all is the item "left hand pistol shield" only for ai? It looks awesome and I'd love to have one for my character but I've never in months of playing this seen it in a store  :sad:

Second: I love the new maps, but Siege at Chickasaw town is near impossible due to bad pathing. Also attacking pirate hideouts is impossible because all your allies stay on the boat and you essentially have to clear the entire pirate group alone.

These are great concepts they add a lot to gameplay but something as simple as deleting the railing on the boat you start on would do wonders to fix the problem because your ai allies would actually jump off the boat and help you. As for chickasaw just make the defenders spawn closer to the attackers and the attackers not spawn underwater  :???: because at the moment thats what happens and they get stuck there and shot to pieces.

Third: can we get some weapon balance for the three european factions? I personally play a lot as Spanish and I like to roleplay but every Spanish item is clearly far inferior to their French and especially British counterparts. Spain is renown for great metalworking so why on earth are their swords inferior to British ones? If this game were to take place in the 1800s I would understand British superiority but here in the 7 Years War the three (european) sides were equal in technology. Spain was in a resurgance in power its armies performed well in this time period and France was at its height I don't see a real reason to make British = better.

I know the game isn't fully done I'm sure someone has said these before I just wanted to say all my thoughts in this one post to get my opinion out. Thanks for the awesome mod and keep up the good work  :mrgreen:
It is a real pleasure to know you, finally! :grin: 
And no, some points you had were not said before. So thx I will try to go through them....sometimes things just get forgotten, you know? :grin:
Thx for your kindness in pointing out things to be fixed in our mod
Gabby

A pleasure to finally meet you aswell  :grin:. No one had said anything about some yet? Haha glad I could help and point it out then. I would have also thrown in the dragoon question for Spain but I think I've read that multiple times and I believe you stated it was your experiment. That's all I really had to ask about I was curious if anyone would come out and debate that the current English superiority in everything was justified.

The only other thing I can bring up is please can artillerymen (and grenades) actually get some semblence of accuracy? Or at least a test to make sure they aren't blind lol. Either by making the gun itself more accurate though I think adding more points to the artilleryman's skill at it (I think this is better). I think I've had the tide turned in battles because everything is going absolutely great then suddenly I get the message (as spain)
Spanish Regular killed by Spanishartillery
You were knocked unconcious by
Spanishartillery knocked unconcious by Spanishartillery

I believe I would have shot the guy to stop him from killing his own had he not taken himself and myself down with him in friendly fire. I've seen artillerymen aim, shoot, and the explosion happens basically at his feet as the explosion goes straight into the ground and annihilates your own army...and don't even get me started on what happened when I decided to give grenades to all my companions lol I think my entire army killed itself before the enemy even arrived, but this may be because my companions had very few points in throwing I'm not sure if this was my fault or not. Has anyone else had these problems maybe I'm just unlucky?

illapa said:
A pleasure to finally meet you aswell  :grin: . No one had said anything about some yet? Haha glad I could help and point it out then. I would have also thrown in the dragoon question for Spain but I think I've read that multiple times and I believe you stated it was your experiment. That's all I really had to ask about I was curious if anyone would come out and debate that the current English superiority in everything was justified.

The only other thing I can bring up is please can artillerymen (and grenades) actually get some semblence of accuracy? Or at least a test to make sure they aren't blind lol. Either by making the gun itself more accurate though I think adding more points to the artilleryman's skill at it (I think this is better). I think I've had the tide turned in battles because everything is going absolutely great then suddenly I get the message (as spain)
You were knocked unconcious by
Spanishartillery knocked unconcious by Spanishartillery

I believe I would have shot the guy to stop him from killing his own had he not taken himself and myself down with him in friendly fire. I've seen artillerymen aim, shoot, and the explosion happens basically at his feet as the explosion goes straight into the ground and annihilates your own army...and don't even get me started on what happened when I decided to give grenades to all my companions lol I think my entire army killed itself before the enemy even arrived, but this may be because my companions had very few points in throwing I'm not sure if this was my fault or not. Has anyone else had these problems maybe I'm just unlucky?
Hahahah....ya! Something like: " ....kill that IDIOT before he "friendly" kill my WHOLE army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not all experiment come out good.....but this was AWFUL :twisted:
Hahahahaha
Gabby
Nobody has cannons now, only player, if needed. Being you such a supporter,  I will gladly let you test latest experiments :wink:

I really liked the addition of artillery actually I just wish he had some sort of accuracy. I notice my troops never hit fellow soldiers in the back with their bullets yet the artilleryman seems to be random. Sometimes he gets perfect shots and sometimes he shoots himself in the foot killing himself and everyone around him.

The problem is mostly with city fighting or hill fighting I think when he is shooting down at an enemy the randomness of the cannon makes it so sometimes he hits the ground. Thanks for the offer to test I'd probably have to decline though I feel like it is unfair to all the people who came out and declared themselves supporters. I'll definately be more active around here though

illapa said:
I really liked the addition of artillery actually I just wish he had some sort of accuracy. I notice my troops never hit fellow soldiers in the back with their bullets yet the artilleryman seems to be random. Sometimes he gets perfect shots and sometimes he shoots himself in the foot killing himself and everyone around him.

The problem is mostly with city fighting or hill fighting I think when he is shooting down at an enemy the randomness of the cannon makes it so sometimes he hits the ground. Thanks for the offer to test I'd probably have to decline though I feel like it is unfair to all the people who came out and declared themselves supporters. I'll definately be more active around here though
Hah! You are more supporter than some other "supporter".
You got a pic, you help around, you say bad and good things in a nice way.....jeees you support me and my mod great already! :wink:
Gotta go, sorry (Easter Dinner with all relatives.....wonna exchange roles? You eat and I play?? :cry:hahahaha J:K:smile:
Gab

Back
Top Bottom