1755 CHANGELOG LIST

Users who are viewing this thread

gaston said:
crumbs said:
Many of your suggestions have been implemented.  Thanks for the excellent feedback.

You're very welcome.  I've been working with the module system for the last few days and got to the point where I could do some of these things in the source code.  Today I did something that created a bug and since I couldn't track it down, I used the hoof-and-mouth disease solution which is wiping it all out and starting over.  I have to recreate all my changes.
So far, I can:

1. By a ship, sail around and fight sea battles. (not original, lifted from the Forge)

2. Create a permanent neutral camp to leave troops and supplies.

3.  I was working on creating a wagon train party to follow the main party around when something bad happened.

By the way, does anyone know how to prevent creating duplicate player characters?  Every time I add a new town I get one or more duplicates of my character in the town center.
Uuuuugh! You got the system to make ships travel and stuff???
Pls feedback :grin:
Gabby
PS did you see my last PM about that "falling from horse damage" issue, also??? :eek:

crumbs said:
Someone has to have had the issue you describe with duplication.  The problem is entering the correct search terms to bring the relevant post up.

Before I started changing some of the text [which takes forever], I was going to link you to some of the useful tools people have created to aid in module construction.  Have you browsed through the tool section here and at the repository?  Sorry I couldn't directly help you, though it does sound like you are having fun.

Actually, I couldn't find anything on the duplication problem so I started a new thread and got an answer.  That problem is mostly solved.  Thank you for your interest.

I've got some of the tools, but it seems that all the ones I have edit the text files directly.  I intend to avoid text editing entirely.  Using a combination of Python and text editing makes for very unstable development.  There are ways to get around it, but I think they are more trouble than they are worth.  You never entirely avoid the problem of overwriting a change in the text with something that wasn't changed in the code. 

I am having fun. 
Thanks.

Here are a few more suggestions:

1.  Add a pirate flag to the banners for players who want to play as a pirate/bandit.

2.  Rename "Hungarian Cavalry Saber" to "Cutlass."  It looks enough like a cutlass that you don't have to change the image.

3.  Keep wine and ale.  It's possible to have both consumable and non-consumable (for the deliver wine/ale quest).  Change the wine mesh to a bottle rather than an amphora.

4.  Rename "Indian Lance" to "Lance" or "Spanish Lance"  Make a new "Indian Lance" with a flint head held on by rawhide lashings with a couple of feathers.

5.  Make a lantern prop.  I've searched the forums but can't find that anyone has done that.

6.  Convert one of the maces to a stone-headed war club.

7.  Eliminate Ramun.  Slavery is a very, very sore subject in this country.  The ransom brokers are not historical either, but they don't bother me.  I just ignore them.  One could change their dialogue so that the government, not the family, ransoms the prisoners and, if not, they get sold as "indentured servants" NOT "slaves."

8.  Change all references to "peasants".  "Buy supplies from the villagers" works.  The "peasant woman" could become a "farm woman" or "settler woman". 

9.  Reduce the rate of bandit infestation.  I visited every village in Florida looking for food and every one of them was infested with bandits.  I used TweakMB to reduce the rate to 15% which still might be a little high, but it was a wild place in 1755.

Back
Top Bottom