0.623b

Users who are viewing this thread

For #2, remember that this is a very oldmature mod, and there is no attempt at game balance for anyone with less than thousands of hours' worth of play experience. It's almost certainly as designed, as the DK have been intended as an advanced challenge from the very beginning.

jahadoin said:
1. where is bonus item in rivacheg cache?(I mean kurgan) why did you remove it?

1) I didn't. I know of anyone who did.

2.  dark knights are even more powerful than before. I mean too powerful units. dev said "You will no longer face a brick wall of soldiers that simply roll over everything they find until they run out of steam", but they are rolling over everything now. I could defend their siege attack(2000+ dk units) with my 400+- noble units in earlier version, but it's not possible anymore.

This is 100% false. The source code is available. You can directly compare old units to new units. The new units are, by far and large, weaker (from about 10% to 25% in most cases, as much as 50% in others) than their previous iterations. The DK changes are in their overworld tactics, recruiting speeds, willingness to negotiate, et cetera.

3. lieges never drop their decent equipments?

All equipment drops are affected by your party Looting skill. Put more points into looting.

4. exp farming is a boredom. the playthrough is highly dependant on quests. quest exp scaling is a good idea, but you don't have to reduce bandit kill exp.

Bandits still give scads of XP. Go pick on Desert Bandits. They are 200XP a pop and will fall easily to anything with heavy armor.

5. many script errors. +few bugs.

This is a worthless comment. What script errors? What bugs? Should I just magically know what errors pop up on your screen?

If you came here just to criticize, go play a different mod. If you want actual help, use some constructive language and give useful information.

jahadoin said:
dk units got nerfed but other faction units got nerfed even further, so it makes dk units stronger in actual gameplay.  just make a new game in latest version, then you will know what i mean. i do not hate this change(dk buff), i am just asking about your intention.

All units were rebuilt using the same leveling formula applied to the player, including the DK. The only difference between units is in how points and equipment get assigned. I played about 50 hours of .622 and then integrated DK changes for .623 on that, then played a few dozen hours testing DK combat scenarios and found it to be quite pleasing in terms of kingdom troops vs DK troops. It felt right to me. If you detest it, you're welcome to modify the source as you please to suit your own tastes.

my looting skill is 10(+4). i defeated lieges(especially yaroglek) dozens of times but i have never saw one. if the low drop rate is intended, i think it is little harsh.

Try with a smaller party. There are certain types of equipment flagged as unlootable. I have never personally made any items as such, so I don't actually know what all items fall under this category, but I do know the available loot is divided by the size of your party, so attacking a lord's force with a large party will greatly reduce the chance you get high-quality gear.

if i am not mistaken, it is not desert bandits. steppe bandits give 204 exp. but overall bandits exp was downscaled and i ask why.

Their XP was not downscaled at all. The only thing that was changed is that bandits were applied to the same leveling schema that all other units were. So bandits which had only 10 skill points were no longer erroneously level 30, they were instead whatever level they'd need to be to be given 10 skill points. I also added bandits tiers in, and, as with NE to begin with, the amount of spawns are utterly insane. In my current .623 game, I got to level 29 very quickly, and a lot of my XP came from bandits. In fact, I felt that all levels past 15 came much more quickly than in native.

i do not rememer what script errors have occurred becasuse there are so many occasions. if i captured screenshots it would be hundreds of. in siege battles, in world maps, in field battles...i cannot even remember. few bugs are already well known. #5 is a case confirmation because you are surely aware of that, now your attitude is little disappointing. go play a different mod? i am playing several mods already.

If you are getting "so many occasions" of script errors and "hundreds" of occurrences, there is almost for sure something wrong with your installation. You might be using the wrong version of Warband, you might have modified the compiled mod files, there might be some corruption. In my current game, I am on day 379, and every script error I ever saw thrown I was able to fix. I haven't seen any at all in this current game. And again, just saying "this is full of bugs and errors" is meaningless. That doesn't give me any information at all to go on.

And my attitude is disappointing? You came in here to complain and rant about a long list of things without offering any sorts of suggestions or critiques. You just complained, and are so non-specific it amounts to whining. "There's a bunch of errors and bugs!" But you won't tell me what they are or how to reproduce them. "Everything's been nerfed!" Without actually giving me examples of how or why "There's not enough XP!" When in fact many of my recent updates have been intentionally designed to allow players to get XP at a decent rate even at a high level.

Back
Top Bottom