Search results for query: *

1. Balsiefen

B Native Battle Time! - The co-op mod (v1.4 Updated 10/1/12)

Same problem as most people I'm afraid. My version is 1.154 on steam and I've tried both 1.4 and 1.31 and in both cases WSE loader and Battle time start say I'm using an unsupported version. The 1.143 installer from taleworlds doesn't seem to be able to detect a steam installation and I'm not sure I want to change version, especially as it'll probably stop me playing normal multiplayer.

any chance of a patch and/or other possible fixes?  :smile:
  2. Balsiefen

Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

I just got attacked by steppe bandits near Cordoba.

also are 2h war cleavers realistic for 1200?

Edit: also tundra bandits near seville
  3. Balsiefen

Bug Reports - E1200 Warband (solution to crashes in first post)

Its brilliant to see this finally up. I've been longing for it for months! :grin:

I dont know if you already know about this but when I join the arena melee fights (in toulouse at least, not been anywhere else yet), I spawn with all my weapons and my horse while everyone else is unarmed. Needless to say its fun but probably not as intended.
  4. Balsiefen

Weapons- decisions, decisions....

Early on in the game I go for bow, arrows, shield and a sword or spear. Later on as my army gets bigger and my foes more heavily armoured, archery becomes less effective so I move to sword, lance, shield and 2h.
  5. Balsiefen

BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.1

Just started playing this mod and I'm absolutely loving it, great job. I used it to show a friend of mine M&B and he went home and downloaded it that evening (despite getting utterly trashed by bandits when he started out without a weapon)

One thing, I get CTD whenever I try to talk to Ealdorman Blaecca of Lindisware.

Edit: also I'm in a tournament in cantwaraburgh and all my opponents are empty suits of armour without faces. It feels like some kind of cheap horror movie.

Edit2: I dont know if this is intentional but swords in tourny do 3-6 damage while axes do 20-30.
  6. Balsiefen

If you could live a moment in History...

Are we allowed to mess with the moment in history? 'Cause I would love to give Harold a few tips on not trusting Edwin and Morcar. British history could have been a lot more pleasant if they hadn't buggered up 1066. (Notwithstanding the cataclysmic alterations in world history it would cause, possibly for the worse)

If it's just to look though, I'd probably look around Lincoln in the reign of King Offa-just the interest in seeing it at a time from which no buildings survive.
  7. Balsiefen

Changing how banner is hung in-game.

Searched this but couldn't find anything. So I've edited the banner file to give myself a custom banner in game. However, due to the banner I replaced, In game my banner has a triangle cut out of the bottom of it and when I ride around on the campaign map it is hanging sideways. (the origional...
  8. Balsiefen

Requests for custom banners, surcoats and shields

Yea, I was thinking that...

Edit: lucky for once that I built an image to be editable :smile:
    boarbannerlight.jpg
  9. Balsiefen

I gave it a go: the colours are easy to change if you want something brighter and I can probably do any other changes or additions. I didn't know what size you needed but I figure you can scale it down to the dimensions you need.  :smile:
    boarbanner.jpg
  10. Balsiefen

Stephen Hawking Warn Mankind

Its very possible that we are among the most aggressive species, we came so close to self-annihilation (our continued existence came down to the decision of one man not to obey orders) that I see very little way in which a more aggressive species could survive except through a lot of luck.

11. Balsiefen

Am I right in thinking 182x442 is the right dimensions for warband?

Modified the lynx banner so that it should work better for shields and made a version from my avatar (sadly, that one isn't hand drawn)
    dragonbannerv.jpg
    lynxbannerlargeshieldwo.jpg

12. Balsiefen

From the Tavern of Celle, Germany

Thanks, now I see.

Wow, Mablethorpe gets in-I wasn't expecting that. I live right next to it.
  13. Balsiefen

Wow, that is a lot more detail than I ever imagined-are those all castles or are some of them villages?
  14. Balsiefen

Medieval Simulation Group (inactive)

Sounds all very interesting to me. I'm very new to warband so my technical skill isn't currently very good (although I'm a pretty fast learner so I should be up to speed pretty soon) but trying out a bit of historical accuracy sounds very good to me: especially if we hit on something that actually works better than ordinary tactics which could be quite possible.

I'm away from my warband computer for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to start immediately but I'll sign up.
  15. Balsiefen

Spears/lances in Multiplayer

Thanks guys, all really helpful. :smile:

I'll try to put it to use when I get back to my warband comp
  16. Balsiefen

Thanks, actually, looking at a gamefaq, I think they were actually couching their lances: it would explain the weird looking position, unblockableness, and the instant kill no matter where they hit (300% damage+bonus depending on speed) It would also explain why riding on their left side and swiping them with a 2 handed cleaver worked quite often (and the times it didn't, I reckon I got too close to them)

Each kill was when both of us were riding at each other at top speed as well-it was an ffa game where everyone spammed horses.

As you say, I'll probably get better-I'm dying to have another go at it but it'll be weeks before I get back to my proper computer. :smile:
  17. Balsiefen

I've never played the original game but no, I don't actually know: it sounds like it may be the problem

I am well aware that they are good at using spears-that is not where my understanding fails. It is why they are good which interests me: Is it better timing? where they aim? or are they (as it appears on my screen) able to extend their spear and keep it held out for about a second before it comes into contact with their opponent)?
  18. Balsiefen

Okay, so I recently had my first try at the multiplayer aspect of the game and, after a few false starts, started to manage to get more kills than deaths (my tactic involves swearing at the computer until I get better) However, I've noticed one or two players who wield spears on horseback and...
  19. Balsiefen

Well inspired by this thread I decided to give my rusty Gimp skills a little bit of a test. I'm actually quite pleased with how it came out in the end, especially considering I drew the lynx more or less from scratch (the claws were a real bugger :wink:)

A few questions though-
    >I use warband and I heard someone say you need to scale up the images to be bigger for that-is this true and what are the dimensions if so?
    >will shields and heraldic armour automatically take on the banner or am I going to have to create separate skins?
    >When I install it, will the banner work for multiplayer or will other people just see a default banner?

I'm in Germany, away from my desktop so I can't relly try out for myself yet-thanks for any help  :grin:

lynxbanner.jpg

Edit: just after posting this I got an uncontrollable urge to move the bottom knot up one pixel, I hate being obsessive somethimes :lol:
  20. Balsiefen

Thanks chaps, that'll make playing it all the sweeter. :grin:
Back
Top Bottom