The Last of the Mohicans
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Green Mile
    The Silence of the Lambs
    Ip Man
  3. Chibbi

NW Completed Napoleonic Wars European Cup - Autumn Season 2012

Tardet and Coe said:
    Somebody know if there are a date for the Semi-Finale "England-Germany" ?

*Cough*
  4. Chibbi

NW Completed Napoleonic Wars European Cup - Autumn Season 2012

GG Finland, best of the tournament imo. (so far)#

Kudos to Vorlen + Cherry, really kept us in it that round.
  5. Chibbi

The Champions of Europe

Thokan said:
    Frederickson said:
    Thokan said:
    Frederickson said:
    where is ekky!!!?!??!?!

Seems like Ekky is only remembered for his face, hehe!
    But hes good... D:

Prolly is. Actually heard him rabble drunk on ts more times than I actually dueled him in anayway...

I'd have voted Ekky too...He's my hero :sad:
  6. Chibbi

Developer Q&A

Playing with people which was their first try of the game, it did give them the impression that the sort of thing happened a lot. All I could hear in Teamspeak was "This is boring", "Does this always happen?". When they were just wanting to play normally and see what the game was like.

The server also being one of the only battle servers that has players on it for EU made it very annoying as it's the only place you can really go play, only for people to start messing around on it. It certainly was ruining my fun also.
  7. Chibbi

Shocked by responses

I personally thought this patch was more in the right direction. A smoother feel to the melee was needed, it felt way too clunky. I'm not sure where the '50% of players dislike it' comes from as the majority of people i've spoken to have said it's much better (Namely the people making all the threads wanting change before). It seems to me like a case of "NW Player learns to play with the NW melee only for it to head more back into the MM direction" - Meaning they'll have to learn something again, which all MM players had to do in the first place.
  8. Chibbi

The Myth Around the Patch

Having not played in quite some time (The regular game every month and so for 30 mins) I decided to test out the changes last night, and I must say. I actually quite enjoyed them for once, it sure felt a lot smoother than what we were getting previously. In regards to swords they do seem a tad bit overpowered, I was dismounted and managed to kill around 8 guys in one hit in about 12 seconds, this shouldn't be too much of a problem if a player knows how to block 4 directions mind you. I definitely feel like we're starting to head in the right direction now  :grin:
  9. Chibbi

State of Melee Part Two

I can always rely on Sid to add a smile on my face throughout the day. I love your posts  :wink:
  10. Chibbi

Official server admins need regulations

I asked Vince already about a search function, he said it's not possible. Not sure on the alphabetical one.
  11. Chibbi

Poll on the new Melee system, what people think so far!

I agree with what Vorlen said, same reasoning for me.
  12. Chibbi

What the hell did they do to melee combat?

Spin stabbing is definitely still there, it's actually more dangerous than ever when you get into close combat with a pack of enemies as Vorlen says. Before people could turn around quick enough to catch you out, now you can just run around their pack and they can't do anything about it, especially since the overhead would be a one hit tk. I also agree that the melee system feels 'clunky', i'm not sure if it's because i'm not so used to it yet, or it's just a bit dodgy, but it certainly feels odd. There's no doubt about it that the top MM players are still topping the scoreboard on NW, but i'd put this down to them just being way more experienced and knowing how to navigate the map and such to get the easy backstabs, and knowing the range of the stab.

But anyway, about the melee system. As stated earlier on I agree that the OH is a little fast, and there seems to be a slight delay if you switch your attack from downstab to an overhead, which shouldn't be there. People can still spin and catch you out in weird ways, where it looks like they didn't even hit you. Same thing goes for when you attack yourself it's like your overhead can hang in the air and kill anything for quite a long duration of time if they come into contact. The point made earlier about a skilled player shouldn't be able to kill a new player so easily is pretty ridiculous if you ask me, it's the way games should be, the guy who practices more SHOULD be able to win (Which they do in the majority of cases), Feels like they've taken a lot of the skill out of the melee system. It's true that the melee fights could drag out a bit, but that's what made it so fun, and i'm sure the amazing melee MM had was what kept so many players around for so long when waiting for the DLC.

Visually, the game looks brilliant, but in regards to how melee looks, it actually looks just as bad as what had MM had, people spinning overheads and such. So if we we're going for realism then it certainly wasn't there. On the whole, there seems to have been an increase in tactical play, which is awesome as i'd always wanted it to be in the game a bit more, so that's a major advantage. 2v1 melee situations are actually really tricky now if against 2 good guys, which it should be.

In regards to swords I agree they could use a buff now, especially since nearly every bayonet hit gives a one hit kill now. Sword shouldn't have the randomness of 1-4. I don't know how the beta went, i'm sure a lot of the guys were working on improving the game, but there still seemed to be a lot of guys messing around on commander mode (Ofc it needed tested too) and building stuff with explosive crates, but I feel a lot of stuff should have been sorted out within this system if they're experienced melee players.

If this is what the DLC was going for then fair enough, people will just have to get used to the new system. To me however, MM's glory point was the amazing melee fights you could have, NW's seems to be the shooting and mass battles, which I agree will probably bring in more players. It's a shame they didn't get combined as well as what I thought they might've been, if they did then the game would have been totally flawless for me, but i'm sure everyone worked hard to bring the game to where it was. The game has only been released after all, so i'm sure plenty will get tweaked in the future.

Just my opinion.
  13. Chibbi

Bans and Unbans

http://www.flyingsquirrelent.eu/forums/viewforum.php?f=28 - I guess.
  14. Chibbi

mount and blade napoleon wars only multiplayer?

You got my CD Key! *Grumble*
  15. Chibbi

Announcement! The next version - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

I get the feeling there's going to be some trolls running around with those instruments - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0aIqx1McVI
  16. Chibbi

Announcement! The next version - Mount & Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars

2135 hours...95% on MM. I'd be happy to pay even the cost of a full game to cover the fun i've amounted on this mod, the people i've met and the time of my life i've burned away :smile:.
Back
Top Bottom