Search results for query: *

1. shorun3

Looking for Writing Experience

Belendor said:
    shorun3 said:
    Belendor said:
    I suggest you to not lose time with "low-budget" projects whom material is nothing but OSP. Go get in contact with true modders, Juve. I am serious. There is quite a number of them in Caravan, or just let me guide you. You only need to PM. (I may need a writer as well, but well. Don't know your capabilities, I think you should put a few samples of your work as well.)

And what would you consider a "true modder"?

ps: plz dont use a big useless image as signature, it takes space that could be usefull.

Well since my signature is none of your concern. I was talking about professionals, wouldn't you agree?

So then who is a professional modder? anyone who does that for a profession?
    Also, what mods have you ever made?
  2. shorun3

Looking for Writing Experience

Belendor said:
    I suggest you to not lose time with "low-budget" projects whom material is nothing but OSP. Go get in contact with true modders, Juve. I am serious. There is quite a number of them in Caravan, or just let me guide you. You only need to PM. (I may need a writer as well, but well. Don't know your capabilities, I think you should put a few samples of your work as well.)

And what would you consider a "true modder"?

ps: plz dont use a big useless image as signature, it takes space that could be usefull.
  3. shorun3

Regimental system

if lord defects from Holland to france and receives a fief, does he make a new regiment?
    Also, does this apply to player kingdoms?
  4. shorun3

Recruiting! Become a team member and get a chance to contribute

If you need testsers, pm me on what you need tested/checked.
    I know my way around the command console and google. i'm not going to edit/change anything because I have no clue what you already did and i'd break it by trying to alter it, but I can test it none the less.
  5. shorun3

Firearms

check this vid, it might help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yedv1eugo-E

Basicly, you need to set the merchantile flag as stated above, and you need to let the merchants know to also sell itp_type_musket
    It's explained in the vid.
  6. shorun3

SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

Odyseuss said:
    Any chance of getting multiplayer.

Also, we should find something to discuss on this thread and get to 15 pages, it deserves a sub-board in my opinion.

The main goal is Single player, there are plenty of good MP mods out there that already do the job. Most talk is done on the moddb page to keep things centralized and easy to find.
  7. shorun3

Any kingdom management mods?

Shaboom15 said:
    Hi I've been wanting to make my own kingdom in M&B and I can't wait a whole week to get M&B: Warband. So I'm looking for any kingdom management mods that SOLELY focus on kingdom management (My computer can't run brf files for some reason :sad:) By that I mean mods that impliment kingdom management into the game and nothing else. I like all of the other things how they are and just want kingdom management. I am sorry that I am saying that over and over but I want to make it clear.

In normal m&b you cannot run your own empire, this is a Warband function.
    All mods that improve this management are build on the warband system.
  8. shorun3

SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

SeanBeansShako said:
    Here is the list thanking all current and future contributors to the mod right now:

sirhwo for the 18th century style Conquest mod uniforms and weaponry.
    Imper1um and the other developers of Snowbird Games for the permissions for WFAS Cossack assets and banners.
    dia151 for his early 19th century Ottoman Army uniform models.
    Poomtang for his Napoleonic uniform and weaponry resources from 1812-1815.
    IYI-O-R-T for his citizen Steampunk clothing textures.
    Rigadoon for his Naval boarding axe models and textures.
    Yamabusi for his Jacobite style Highlander models and textures.
    Llew for his musket and firelock models.
    The people behind the Diplomacy mod.

We are currently slowly bringing Calradia into a new era, I'm working on new companions and dialogue as we speak but we still need a few more people to help with the mod.

Especially if you are good with BTF files involving armour meshes. Throw shorun a PM if you are interested working with us.

How on earth could I have forgotten the credits... sorry to all who is credited for forgetting you, and thanks for fixing this lad.
  9. shorun3

SP Native Musket Era [WB] Mount and Empire - Era conversion mod

Mount and Empire! (it's like mount and musket, but with your own empire!) Notes: the idea for this mod comes from mount and musket, i allways felt annoyed that there is no warband version of this mod that allows you to properly form your own empire. This mod is largely a merge between the best...
  10. shorun3

SP Native [WB] Merge Diplomacy+More companions [Testing] [v1.143 or up]

Description: This mod is just a combination of Diplomacy mod and .97 Companions mod adding a ton of new companions to diplomacy mod. In game video Will be added soon, suggestions can be sent trough PM. The mod is not in development but it's not been tested well enough to "release". so consider...
  11. shorun3

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

BoomBoy said:
    In the Criminal suggestion;
    Start a drug ring? I guess that sounds fun, but I would like to stick to the realistic gameplay. But I guess you can count Tobacco and Alcohol as drugs.
    Or maybe some Ganja, but I am not sure in this times if it exist.

Ganja existed, but not smokes as a joint.
    allso its pointless to try and run a smuggling operation on a plantable crop in a farming economy, allso ganja is not illigal in this timeframe, guess real crime was to much of an issue to arrest people over a plant.
    Tobacco comes from the amerikas so it would not be known to the medieval world
    alcohol is technicly a drug but its completely legal, trading in it should not be considered smuggling (however you could smuggle it to avoid taxes, this counts on everything not just booze).
    in addition, alcohol (ale) was used as an alternative for water
    water quality was good enough to give you a bad case of running s*** so you had to boil it anyway, here in belgium the brewery "koninck" (litterly translated "king" ) was started more as a water filtering system, and to concinve the people to drink this rather then filthy well water they made beer from it, because people love booze and a drunk is a terrible rebel the authority's did not mind at all, they liked it themself and it keeps the people happy.
  12. shorun3

Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord Suggestions List

ok, at first gratz at keeping your (huge) topic readable and structured, it helps a lot.
    allso you did put a lot of tought into this and most of your suggestions make sense.
    however..
    most of your suggestions are allready in place.

example about the part that intrests me most, being monarch.
    1. Renaming the Country.
    2. Taking oaths from prospective lords.
    3. Managing the Treasury.
    4. Changing Tax levels. (Merchant Tax, Food Tax, Land Tax)(Tax Free, Low, Medium, High, Very High)
    5. Sitting on the throne and resolving issues in the kingdom.
    6. Assigning orders to loyal lords. (Attack, Defend, Patrol, Hunt Bandits, Protect the Roads, etc.)
    7. Asking an audience with an In Service Lord to have them go on a mission. (Request them to take a loyal lords normal actions.)
    8. Sending Emissaries to other nations. (Ask for peace/declare war/political marriage/hold international feast/request trade agreement)
    9. Upgrading your throne room. (AKA: Bigger hall, bigger fire places, larger tables, more guards, a bigger throne, etc.)
    10. Asking the adviser about the next best course of action. (Will give random Monarch tutorial-like advice)
    11. Holding Tournaments. (International or National)
    12. Electing a First Prince/Princess
    13. Officially Marrying your Lords to their wives

1 ) diplomacy mod
    2 ) native, allready so
    3 ) diplomacy mod
    4 ) diplomacy mod
    5 ) would be nice to use furniture
    6 ) diplomacy mod
    7 ) diplomacy mod
    8  ) diplomacy mod
    9 ) would be nice
    10 ) YOU are king, you do not ask advice, only facts. you make the call, if you let others rule in your place then plz do not become king..
    11 ) diplomacy mod
    12 ) this should be reserved for your heir, and i never had a game where my "possible" child could be any older then 4 years.
    13 ) oh please no, let the priest do that part i dont want to run around every time one of my lords wants to marry, i allready have enough on my hands fixing the fights BEFORE they get married if i see them getting maried i might just stop the wedding all together because i hate the lord to much. (yes; if i could i would stop certain marriages, maybe its best that i cant)

just some toughts. good topic none the less and worth checking
  13. shorun3

Lords with personality - remembering defeats and wiser defection

Sorin said:
    I find it rather strange that same lords are so eager to come time after time after time to throw them selves at my blade. Even if I had a good relationship with them. Maybe they should have better memories and next time come atleast better prepared. This could also depend on the lord. Some lords feeling loyalty to their faction forcing them to engage in a suicide battle. Others feeling honour bound by friendsship not to fight. Some becoming more fearful, while others charging persistenty regardless of probable defeat.

Also the way lords defect seems more or less random. Having no real reason. It is so annoying when you build your kingdom doing pretty well and your lords defect, only to slow you down slightly before you retake their estate in a sweep. Maybe lords could understand how successful your conquest are and how successful other sides are. So they would make wiser decisions. Maybe this reaction could also depend on the lord.

i just had to reply..
    if you think the lords defect randomly, then you do not know what makes them defect.
    1) lords NEVER defect if they have more then 1 relation with their king
    2) lords prefer to defect to the enemy of their enemy, if a rhodok leaves graveth he is likely to join the faction fighting graveth
    3) lords do not have the big picture, and momentum can have strange effects, the winner could find himself swarmed and unable to propery respond, causing him to eventually lose.

in short, there are reasons why they defect, and why they suicide against you.
    they hate you.

-edit-

allso, if your renown is much higher then theirs (like double or something) they do run away when they see you.
    and if you are the biggest threath around then your fiefs will be the primary target, especially the lords that hate you target your villages, they cannot beat you in the field so maybe if they take your income they can get you to stop fighting for a while.

in addition, the lords dont die, and irl nobles would hardly ever die (it happens but not often), so they would not consider attacking you "suicide". the footmen might think this but they dont matter much, and being known as a coward is worse then losing a fight.

and even if you cant win the engagement people might still be willing to do so
    i for one would not engage a US army group with a few ak's and rpg's yet there are people who seem to have little issues with this, we might know that if they both go all out the US will win but that is not the goal.

If i can keep you chasing me, then you cant defend your village can you? my friends can raid your village while you are to busy chasing off me, go after my friends and i myself will raid your village.
    and you must admit, having to run around defending your villages does slow down your conquest of their fiefs, so as a delaying tactic it DOES work.
    If you still think it's to easy, turn all difficulty to max and run around with 50 guys rather then 150 and you will soon sing another song :smile:
  14. shorun3

Rebalance Archery and Armour

change the bow shooting speed?
    if you somewhat aim a rl longbow is just about as fast as the ingame version, and i can imagine that proper training (and not hobby target shooting) would make you far more accurate and faster in time.

Simply put, as an amateur i can keep up with the rate of fire that the guys have in this game, and the accuracy seems right to, only the way (animations) that they draw their bow could be altered, you dont draw a longbow the way they do ingame. it's possible but you will get tired very fast.

Blocking with bows... are you crazy! NEVER do that
    bow integrity, its not because you blocked an attack that your bow will break, but the cut will take off the strength and your bow would collapse when you draw it, the bow draw strength is close to the max that it can handle anyway, any damage to the bow will make it pointless.

increased damage?
    well that seems a bit overpowered even, 2 arrows in a soldiers feet and they are dead....
    the only way to kill someone with 1 arrow is a shot in the head, or one in the knee.

and dont touch the ammo amount to, 30 arrows in a quiver is just about right.
    i would not go to a battlefield with only 40 arrows in total, 60 even looks a bit small.
    when you often run out of arrows for your archer line, you should take even more arrows with you.

on the armor department i must agree, you could split up armors in several kinds that govern the ability's
    eg: plate > +75% against Cut, 10% vs pierce (heavy)
          leather armor > +20% vs pierce, -20% vs cut (light)

it would make you think twice about what armor to use, a knight would want plate to stop swords from killing him, but a horse archer might want an armor that helps him against arrows.
  15. shorun3

Custom Troop Treee

i've seen one mod that allows you to switch the gear of your troops ingame.
    in any other effect, edit troops.txt to make your personal troop tree
  16. shorun3

Peasant revolts

Jakob Zaborowski said:
    What? So if some one does not agree with your silly suggestion they are spamming? Calm down dude.

My point stands, there are only a handful of peasant revolts of any size in medieval history. If they are put in Bannerlord in the way they were in real life, they would only be about once for one town on the map.

there are only a handful successful peasant revolts in medieval history, most are put down before they become anything of significance.
    But the peasants used to be very happy to revolt, if they have a fighting chance.
  17. shorun3

Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Vornne said:
    Aldric said:
    People tend to complain about the "iron stockpile" being full, i did set up the iron stock that way.
    That just highlights the issue of players expecting easy safe iron mining as a fundamental right: it is not the only way to make money! In the past scenes have been designed with iron mines being much too numerous, large, and accessible, ruining everything else in the economy; not helped by some recently created scenes making other professions more difficult than necessary. I have been thinking of reducing the processing time at stations for some other resources to try encourage players to try other ways of making money - as recently stated in the suggestions thread.
    Well, if items run out, wich they do, then at a certain stage no more pickaxes means no more mining, no more weapons means no more fighting.

supply and demand can force people to work on the supply part if demand is to high.
    i allso noticed a reward for crafting, wich is higher when the stock is empty, this again is a real encouragement (for me at least) to work on this specific item. result: on the server we play all our stocks are moderately filled while most of the world is out of supply, up untill the point we're thinking of selling some of our supplies for extra gold.

in our faction, we have 1 serf for each two professions, this includes fighters.
  18. shorun3

Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

The Bowman said:
    Phoenix234 said:
    looking at these features im not sure why you make out it wouldnt be good for rpers because you have added alot of passive rp, forcing people to money make and different classes with roles increases rp more then anything.

is there a job list you can post at all? im curious
    also can one character learn more then 1 classes skills? like a archer with doctors training etc?

Then let's play on a blank map...

I'm sure that while marching with the army near some serfs (who are working on something, like on a field) you would feel some reality. Also why not ask them something ? RP comes from work.

you can only have 1 role at a time, and it is either work/economy based or combat based.
    Soldiers cannot work to make money, only occasional loot drop.
    Gear has a stock counter, stock empty == no gear untill a blacksmith refills it, and he can only do smithing not mining.
    So for lets say, a heraldic mail you need ppl mining, you need ppl gathering leather to and for a lot of items cloth.
    A lance requires a pole made from a long branch.

So it is not possible to just keep fighting, sooner or later no more items are for sale and you MUST work to have them back.

a small list of jobs, forgive me if im missing out on some
    Serf: slow but your basic work force, good labour bad combat.
    peasant: standard, can do about anything but isnt to good at it
    hunter: again hes pritty lousy at anything but he can use a bow and has a bit better combat stats.
    Engineer: used to make stuff, actually the name is wrong, its more like "field engineer", someone with enginer skills AND a bit of combat ability, mostly used to take castles.
    Smith: he can turn raw materials into finished products, use to refill armory stock and allso able to repair damage to castle doors and chestes. not to good in combat but he'll still beat a peasant (statisticly).

Soldiers, i do not have to explain these i think, just a list.
    Footman
    Men at arms
    Lancer
    Archer
    Crossbowman

Back
Top Bottom