Search results for query: *

1. bstm300

MP Sci-Fi SW: Bear Force II - 1.0 Released!

I heard about lucasarts closing, as well.  Such a shame, and I was really looking forward to Starwars 1313.  Q_Q__Q_Q_Q.  Maybe it will be licensed out.  Who knows.
  2. bstm300

Battle Royale

Was a lot of fun Snoop.  Thanks for hosting it.  Zafa must dieee!!!!!!!!!! :razz:
  3. bstm300

**** POM!

nickdean10 said:
    Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any more pathetic... ..... then, nick dean walked in

There.  I think that's how you meant to complete that thought.
  4. bstm300

Battles?

Gandalf le Grey said:
    I was just going to make a quick thread with 1 question:

On NW You have line battles, on M&G (Dead now) YOu had shield battles, is there anything for native?

There are also peasant wars events where everybody starts with the basic armor and weapons and neither kills nor round wins award very much gold.  Binary Azn on pom central hosts these from time to time, and I used to do the same.  You should come to pom central b/c Binary typically announces pick-up scrims within central pom. 

Also, keep in mind that there is no skill level prerequisite for participating in pick ups.  Out of two guys I introduced to warband 2 weeks ago, one of them has participated in pick-ups twice. 
  5. bstm300

**** POM!

John7 said:
    In my opinion some of the POM admins shouldnt be admins only because they dont play anymore

Getting on once every 3 months to ban a bks doesnt count as playing

To his credit, I've seen Auscifer playing off and on for the last 2 or 3 weeks.  He does come on every now and then. 
  6. bstm300

**** POM!

Vendigr said:
    bstm300 said:
    Back when I was admin on pom in 2011, we did peasant wars pretty often every week.

:eek:
    always assumed it was from siege... now I really want to try it on battle (assuming there are still no archers)

It would def be fun every now and then for you guys to do it.  Heck, I 've been on there a few odd times when you guys have done it.
  7. bstm300

**** POM!

bstm300 said:
    Fehnor said:
    bstm300 said:
    There's no debate on whether or not that guy intended to tk me.  He tked me in the 3 seconds (during the actually timer that shows up on your screen) prior the next round and as far as I know, I wasn't anywhere near him.  That means the guy had to look at me, take aim, and pull the trigger on his bow within a span of 2-3 seconds.  It also means that's it's possible that he was probably following me with the intention of killing me and provoking me into tking him.    Without a doubt, that was intentional. 

The irony here

isn't even funny.

This is just sad.

You are free to think as you please and voice your opinions, but it does nobody any good to prolong the Rhade vs. Lynxgraf drama that has been going on as of late. 

FYI, I posted this response in the POM Central Meeting Post thread:

Liegraf said:
    I will respect Binary's decision, and I hope we can make peace with BKS again.  They are great players, and I would like to see them come back.  Free Rhade.
  8. bstm300

**** POM!

MadocComadrin said:
    Robo, despite how much I hate peasant wars/KvK when I'm not in the specific mood for them, it is their server, and they can run whatever the hell they want. They're under no obligation to run a standard battle server for all eternity. If there's a problem with that, it's between the POM admins, not the players, whose best (and most effective) option is to vote with their feet.

The way I usually ran peasant wars on pom was to ask everybody if it was ok to switch to peasant wars.  If the majority said yes, I would switch it for only 2 maps, maybe 3 maps at the most.  If most people did get tired of it before we played out 2 or 3 maps, I would switch it back.  That was general practice, and I think all POM admins that host peasant wars events run it that way.
  9. bstm300

**** POM!

Don't be hatin' on peasant wars because a lot of people love doing it :razz:

Ok, so let me set the record straight so we can hopefully bury the hatchet between us.  Contrary to popular BKS belief, I do respect BKS Rhade, Tyrian, Afrian, etc. for their skills.  They are fantastic players, and it's definitely a lot of  fun to play against them because of the challenge.  However, we (rhade and I) tend to have very heated arguments over the application of USA POM rules and in general, we do overreact sometimes. For example (like just the other day), I really dislike it when Tyrian or BKS attack a member of my clan for accidentally tking Tyrian.  Then, a few rounds later I see Rhade tk two of his own clan mates and nobody's head rolls b/c of that.  Granted, I did overreact but considering how you'd treated dirty reaper, I did feel it was fair to call you out on that.  All I wish for is for BKS to be a little more tactful when it comes to dealing with others.  I will try to work on the same thing and try my best not to overreact.

Now, one of BKS's friends, Joe just posted a screenshot of me retaliating yesterday against a guy who tked me on purpose b/c they wanted to liken that to Tyrian revenge tking against Dirty Reaper.  There's no debate on whether or not that guy intended to tk me.  He tked me in the 3 seconds (during the actually timer that shows up on your screen) prior the next round and as far as I know, I wasn't anywhere near him.  That means the guy had to look at me, take aim, and pull the trigger on his bow within a span of 2-3 seconds.  It also means that's it's possible that he was probably following me with the intention of killing me and provoking me into tking him.    Without a doubt, that was intentional.  And I want to say another thing about this now that we are on the topic of double standards.  I've noticed that the POM admins as of late have been way too permissive of people intentionally tking at the end of the round during the last 2-3 months.  I would even go as far as to say that people end-of-round tking in this way has gotten way worse.  It's worse because players continue to do it and POM admins only give kicks here and there for it.  If it were more heavily penalized, people would be less likely to do it when there aren't admins on because they know such a stupid act has serious consequences. Also, the guy who tked me-Khamul-cannot even begin to be compared to Rebel_Dirty_Reaper tking Tyrian by accident.  Rebels don't go around targeting BKS people for the fun of it.  It's against our code and if snoop found out we were doing something like that, we'd be straight up kicked out of rebels.  However, Khamul did specifically target me which is why comparing Khamul to Dirty Reaper is like comparing apples and oranges.

Now, onto my reaction to that guy.  I will admit that I shouldn't have revenge tked that guy, and I should have called an admin to assist me.  I should have known better; My mistake and I will man up and pay the consequences.  Yes, that does mean I will respect Binary's decision to ban me for whatever period he sees fit. 

Now, that being said, I don't think people fully appreciate here how much Joe took my revenge tk out of context.  So much so was it taken out of context that Binary claimed I was a "disruption" to the server because I did it (which goes to show that Binary should have looked through the logs more carefully before making up his mind about me and Khamul).  Using this "can't be a disruption" binary POM standard, one could equally inculpate Khamul for the trolling that he was doing between 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. eastern yesterday, the 10th.  Khamul and a bunch of others proceeded to flame each other (swearing at each other, as well) in the all chat and kept polling vote bans against each other (this went on for about 15-20 minutes).  So yeah, I'd like for the POM admins to review the chat logs from yesterday during those times because my drop in the pond "disruption" doesn't even come close to the trolling those guys were doing for 15-20 minutes.  I respect Binary because he's a pretty decent guy but you do have to try to look at things in context and if you hardly ever play on central pom, it is difficult to do that.  However, don't take that to mean that I disrespect you for your decision to ban me.  In retrospect now, it is the right decision, and like I said, I will respect you for it.

Edit:

Vendigr said:
    Wait... this is a battle version of "peasant wars"?  sounds pretty fun

Boy, we were doing peasant wars on USA_Central_POM back before you even knew what peasant wars were :razz: Back when I was admin on pom in 2011, we did peasant wars pretty often every week.  Binary still does it every now and then, but I wish we did it more.  Let's hope the developers of Warband give admins more options for creating custom battles like peasant wars in Warband 2. 
  10. bstm300

Native Completed Battle Innovation Tournament [BIT] - SURVEY RESULTS. PAGE 53

Merc Sign Up:

MotherLynx
    NA
    bstm300/bstm300
  11. bstm300

Racist player names on warband servers

Orion said:
    Courtney_The_Tranny_Orc said:
    Just because a name doesn't offend a certain person, it doesn't mean it's not offensive.

The inverse is also true. Just because it offends one person doesn't mean it offends anyone else. Being a proxy for a hypothetical offended person is disingenuous and creates an unfair expectation of people in the server. Lots of people can be offended by lots of things, not all of which are ban-worthy, but if you're willing to ban someone for offending someone else's sensibilities then you need to set the bar somewhere. Who gets to be offended freely and who gets to have their sensibilities covered by the admins?

While Tranny may not be entirely right in the view he expressed, the gist of what he's trying to get across is right.  Orion, please don't try to sugar coat racism by calling it "offending someone else's sensibilities."  I feel like I'm trying to have the same argument with Antigone or Peers on central pom back when I was admin.  They, too, argued I was being a proxy for an invisible block of people who never actually stated they were offended.  This was patently untrue because what  tended happen is at least 1 guy a week on central pom would complain about these sorts of racial slurs and ask the admins to take appropriate action.  There is no invisible block we are representing.  There are in fact people who feel that using the n word and it's variations is highly offensive.  Just doing a little research into the history of the word should be sufficiently enlightening to show that the word itself implies that blacks or American Americans are a subhuman race.  Hence, the need for a uniform rule addressing racist names on central pom that precludes the need for arbitrary administrative actions. 
  12. bstm300

Racist player names on warband servers

BinaryAznMon said:
    If someones name offends you personally, let me know or ANY admin know and we will deal with said offender, but if NO ONE is personally offended by a persons name then i see no reason why they have to be punished, are they screaming in all chat that all black people like grape soda and fried chicken? no? Then leave them alone. Ive had people message me on steam at 3 am before saying they dont appreciate this persons name, and i dealt with that. Ive also seen people come in the server with names like "Time_Travelling_N****R" and "Quantum_N***O" and frankly these are kinda funny the first time you see them. And why would you guys take offence at a word, spelled out on the internet anyways, its a word. The more you guys hate on it then the more "inappropriate" it becomes. And if someone has a name that can offend certain people in the server, does that ruin YOUR ability to play and have fun? Especially if you are not the kind of person that their name is targeting? Then whats the problem?

TLDR: Its all fun and games until ppl start getting butthurt in which case just let any admin know and we will deal with the situation.

also fehnor, ur batman is more like a batman that punches an innocent guy and his friends because they happen to wear the same color as the villain

The point is enough people are on the server on a regular basis that are offended by the use of racial slurs that you're admin policy doesn't make sense.  You can't pick and choose just based on random occasions when somebody is offended or isn't because you can't efficiently police people enough to be able to justify such an admin policy.  I, being a regular player on central and no longer an admin, find the use of slurs unacceptable.  Once and for a all, create a uniform admin policy that forbids the use of slurs so that your admins can start applying rules consistently.

Let me try to spell out your logic for you:

We don't have any formal rules forbidding the use of racial slurs in names but if somebody is offended, we take the "appropriate" action.  Therefore, only in those circumstances when people are offended by a racist name and express it to an admin, it will be forbidden.  Otherwise, we condone the use of racist slurs. 

So, basically, this is what you're saying.  Let's say person X comes on with a racial slur in their name or some variation of it.  If person Z comes on and is offended by person X's name and complains to an admin, Binary or another POM admin will intervene and request that they change their name.  THen, person X will change his name (probably only for the time being or until that admin is gone).  Then, in all likelihood, person X will leave and rejoin with the original name carrying a racial slur in it.  Once the POM admin is gone, that person will go on offending person Z, if they are still on, and anybody else who may be offended by it.  Seems more efficient to me to just make it an official rule so you don't have to go on dealing with the people offending and those being offended.  People will know it's wrong and can self-police by taking screen shots or by putting it to a kick poll or ban poll (for repeat offenders). 

Also, since POM likes to keep their server popular, why not help clean it up a bit? Have an official rule that forbids the practice of using racial slurs in names will encourage people who are offended by these slurs to remain on POM.  After all, it is possible that some people have stopped playing on POM because they were offended by the immature racism and/or homophobic statements that are used on there.  Though it is a privately run server, POM could still do a better job at public relations.  Condoning racist statements and names, unless it specicially offends another players, doesn't seem like a good enough effort to me on POM's part to improve their public relations with players in general. 
  13. bstm300

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord

Not sure if some of this had been said already but I'll suggest it anyways:

The easiest way to resolve the ranged spam on multiplayer servers is for Tale Worlds devs to include a class limits feature directly into the vanilla administrative options of Warband 2.  This would allow administrators to set global or even faction specific archer, cav, and infantry number limits. 

Some cool options to have would be the inclusion of more diverse class options.  Let us be assassins, heavy archers, heavy cav, light cav, med cav etc.  Then within those subsets of classes, we could choose a wide range of heavy, medium, and light weapons. 

As an example, let's say somebody goes to change their class in a multiplayer server like gk siege, central pom, or balion war room.  When they select infantry, 3 new options open up that are: light infantry, medium infantry, and heavy infantry.

Classes should also have class-specific benefits.  For example, assassins can crouch down further, jump higher, and run faster.  Infantry would have bonuses with spears, heavier swords, kicks, and the potential of carrying a third weapon (if heavy infantry). 

Heavy and medium cav would have the ability to upgrade their saddles so that light infantry and light archers can ride on the back of the horse with them (opening up the game to all sorts of new tactics and strategies). 

Incorporation of new weapons like throwing stars, throwing daggers, katanas, staffs.  Class specific special weapons should be included, as well, like a special dagger for archers that allows them to be very dangerous in close quarters combat.  Heavier archers should have the ability to carry mini shields that aren't as strong as infantry shields but that do protect them well enough to justify purchasing them. 

Possibly have special attacks and finishing moves for each class. Archers can do a dagger attack spin in close quarters, infantry can do double thrust, or cav have a desperation attack that allows them to rear their horse and kick enemies with it. 

Improved graphics engine:

Please improve the graphics engine to so that we can have HD lighting, dynamic weather, and more realistc vegetation.  It would be cool if we could activate snow, rain, or partly sunny weather patterns.  Then, develop special armors in the game that would give advantages in certain types of weather or terrain.  For example, an assassin wearing dark light armor would be harder to see on a map where the admin has set the lighting to night-time.  Another example is an infantry wearing golden or silver armor in the sun light would be harder to see because the sunlight would be reflecting off of his armor.  Also, archers wearing dark green or dark brown armor in a forest or in dense brush should be harder to see than infantry wearing a shiny cuirass and boots. 
  14. bstm300

[NC2012] - Team Canada

Internationally Moked said:
    Wut.

Dude, I was born in Chile, and have lived in Canada for nine years.

Aren't you big boss?

Z3ro said:
    Uh I said he was Colombian and lived in Canada. Why their always a drama llama following Grim.

No you said "he is Columbian and lives in mexico.  oops, I meant he lives in Canada." 

My interpretation of that: Classic freudian slip. 
  15. bstm300

[NC2012] - Team Canada

captain lust said:
    Mad Dawg said:
    Edit: Also it's nation of residence, not origin as seen in the ruling about Givi (Ukrainian living in the US) not being allowed to play in the US v Ukraine match last year.
    Actually that ruling was made based on the fact that the Ukrainian team failed to notify any event admins that they had a US resident in their team, before their US match. It was considered a clear and pathetic effort to conceal relevant information that would, by anyone's reasoning, have an impact on decisions related to servers for the US vs Ukraine match.

That wasn't a ruling to say that players must play for the country in which they reside, nor is this Nations Cup bound by any rules or precedents set during previous Nations Cup competitions.

Thanks for clearing up the bs that mad dawg posted.  I'm glad somebody is using common sense and logic in these forums :grin:
  16. bstm300

[NC2012] - Team Canada

Internationally Moked said:
    Pretty sure we have enough players...

Pretty sure you don't reside in Canada, don't have Canadian citizenship, and have never lived in Canada. YOu've told me yourself that you live in Ensenada, Mexico as of two-3 months ago.  And, zero, accidentally admitted to me that you were a Colombian living in Mexico. 
  17. bstm300

[NC2012] - Team Canada

Mad Dawg said:
    bstm300 said:
    I'm pretty sure a bunch of you are not Canadian, so I'm not sure what you're doing on dis team.
    Anyone else think Grim is being an ignorant fool for questioning everyone's nationality when they are stepping forward to fight on the Canadian Team.
    *Raises hand
    Should probably let the Captain, you know...RalliX, worry about that seeing how he's held responsible for it.

Edit: Also it's nation of residence, not origin as seen in the ruling about Givi (Ukrainian living in the US) not being allowed to play in the US v Ukraine match last year.

Edit 2:Grim, use modify and not reply.

I like how you didn't even address my concerns directly, but yet you did resort to insulting me.  +1 for maturity. Also, I like your logic.  So your basically your saying that somebody who has just moved to canada and has only resided there for week should be picked over me when I was born in Canada and lived there for 8 years. Nice logic. 

Edit: Also one more question.  Are you trying to say that somebody who is residing in Canada is more Canadian than me?
  18. bstm300

[NC2012] - Team Canada

Shemaforash said:
    So you think people living in the USA and being born there but having a Canadian parent shouldn't play?

The exception to not being born there and not residing there is having a Canadian parent.  I helped my room-mate Peter from college reclaim his Canadian citizenship because his mother was born on PEI, and he was entitled to claim it until 25 years of age. 

The only exception to the above exception is if you have a Canadian parent, but you make stupid south parkian jokes about Canada.  In thase case, Canada disowns you. :razz:

I was born in Toronto and thus, I love the maple leafs.  Maf is from Winnepeg so he loves the Jets.  We hate each other because of that, but we love each other as Canadians.  At least I hope so :razz:
  19. bstm300

[NC2012] - Team Canada

Outlawed said:
    I personally think admitting someone should be based on what the 'community' thinks. You need to have rep imo.

To be eligible for this team, aren't you supposed to be born in Canada or reside (live there) in Canada?

20. bstm300

[NC2012] - Team Canada

Icer7 said:
    In-Game Nick: Unix
    Primary Class: Infantry
    Secondary Class: Any
    Activity/Reliability: Depends on the coming months
    Microphone/Teamspeak: Yes/Yes
    Steam name (if available): ice799

Are you actually Canadian Unix?
Back
Top Bottom