Search results for query: *

1. Howler

General discussion

So one thing i have noticed, is i can not find clothing anywhere, except when i destroy a ship and randomly collect one from the wreck...Do i have to manually produce it in this game...

[Also, its typically smugglers that have had it, when they had 1 ship with 60 or more people in it.]
  2. Howler

General discussion

Vraelomon said:
    I would think that 200 hundred men means a lot of oars in the water. A lot more than 35, at least.

...if oars in game then they would have to take the time to pull oars in and place cannons back in the ports. Therefore allowing me to outrun them...
  3. Howler

General discussion

Currently, still wondering how a ship with a crew of 200 can catch my ship of 35. But sure... :facepalm: 

Guess too used to M&B where party size matters, and even extra horses and skills could not make you faster than smaller mounted groups.

Anyone know if you have more ships of sleeker design if you can move faster. So far tried out with sloops and war "brigrettes" or something like that.
  4. Howler

How is the game?

I think the game is worth it at is current phase if it was in the 5-10 dollar range. Have played it a lil over 3 hrs.

What would make it easier is to just post a mini guide on steam with its own ship progression. At the moment i am in a confused state. E.g. 3 levels of sloops 3 levels of frigs etc. But no tier system. Instead you just have to hope its based of historical class system, and named the same, although this is not the case already in the game. This combined with inaccurate troop estimations make picking targets drastically difficult.

That might seem minor...but if the map is literally about sailing...its a big problem. Then there is no suggestion as to where you might find trade objects, cause each city sells their own stuff and does not carry everything. Once again you are forced to go off of historical references to once again be proven wrong.

There are many of things that are "minor issues" but when thought about are in reality "huge issues". However, after work today i plan on playing it again.

I highly recommend your 1st play though be set on lowest difficulty and saves. This is due to the lack of information on the game and the inability to find it. Leading to several mistakes from inconveniences to that broke the game.
  5. Howler

How to be a champion

estevesbk said:
    Howler said:
    Unleashed Killer said:
    You can incrase relation with a lady after winning a turnir .Just tell her "I won this turnir for you" and she will be your wife:grin:

Just to clarify, some of the Ladys do not like this, because they deplore either braggarts or combat, an will result in a hit to your relations with them. So its not always the sure thing. Dedicate wins with caution.

I have never seen a relation penalty for this. At least on Diplomacy 4.3 + Warband 1.153, there are ladies that I receive +8, others +4, others +2 and all +1 if it's not the first time I dedicate the tournament for her. But never a hit.
    The highest hit i have seen is -4. Its happened to me less than 10 times. If i had to wager, it would be the same Ladys that you try to woo with poems that are about fighting that result in less optimistic boosting. 
  6. Howler

I have met my clone

Must be your inner self...a deserter. Now what would be super...impressive is if he had your wife in is party.
  7. Howler

How to be a champion

Unleashed Killer said:
    You can incrase relation with a lady after winning a turnir .Just tell her "I won this turnir for you" and she will be your wife:grin:

Just to clarify, some of the Ladys do not like this, because they deplore either braggarts or combat, an will result in a hit to your relations with them. So its not always the sure thing. Dedicate wins with caution.
  8. Howler

is my artimenner bugged or what?

As long as this is the case. I Howler Liege of no man. Claim Nizar and any others left unclaimed with a secondary priority on kleith.
  9. Howler

how many bolts?

Fehnor said:
    1. Move 50 sharpshooters to the top of your army list so when you enter, they are the ones that spawn.
    2. Shoot until you run out of ammo.
    3. Retreat.
    4. Repeat until defending forces are destroyed.
    5. Move heavy infantry to the top of your army list.
    6. Win with minimal casualties and negligible morale changes.

Just remember they can still sally, so have a least 3 melee units unless you are a high powered character.

Best,

Howler
  10. Howler

Secret Doors

iLag said:
    So there's this rumor going around town that some of these so-called "castles" in this land called Calradia have so-called "destroyable doors" hidden in their so-called "walls."  Normally I'd dismiss rumors such as this one without a second thought, especially since the person who started it claimed to have been on drugs at the time.  Still, something about it felt off, and I had a few hours to kill, so I decided to take a look myself.

First of all, I needed to travel to Calradia.  But before I can travel to Calradia, I needed to exist.  A few random clicks later, and I'm some douchey-looking guy with the wonderfully imaginative name of "a", who doesn't even remember his own past history.  According to the rumor, one of the Destroyable Doors™ is located somewhere in Sarranid Territory, so I boarded a caravan to Shariz and began my search.

At least, I would have began my search had some idiotic robber not decided he wanted to attack me.  So I shot him in the face and moved on with my life.  At least, I would have moved on with my life had some merchant not wanted to bother me with his whole life story.  I told him to go screw himself, because frankly investigating some random rumor about The Doors That Can Be Destroyed® is far more important than stopping the massive government conspiracy that just tried to murder me.

My search took me all across the desert, from Weyyah Castle to Bariyye.  I stopped in every castle and town there, and found a number of interesting things.  One such thing is that some castles, such as Sharwa, don't even have a main door!  Still none of my discoveries were as mind-blowingly awesome as what I discovered in Jameyyed Castle.
    If you go to Jameyyed Castle...
    Jameyyed1.png

...Walk around to the right...
    Jameyyed2.png

...and head up this steep path...
    Jameyyed3.png

You can walk straight up the mountain and over the walls of Jameyyed Castle!

I realize that this wasn't the answer some of you were looking for.  Don't worry, I do have that answer.
    Durquba1.png

What you're seeing here is the outside of Durquba.  Now, watch what I find when I go past the siege ladder.
    Durquba2.png

Is that a door?  Why yes it is.  Is it destroyable?
    Durquba3.png

WHY YES IT IS!  Time to show off my 1337 hacking skillz:
    Durquba4.png

After several minutes, I managed to hack in.  I'm greeted to the courtyard and a stairway straight up to the wall.
    Durquba5.png

Invigorated by my discovery, I set out to explore the rest of this desolate desert, in hopes of finding another one of the Legendary So-Called "Destroyable Doors™ of Legend That can be Destroyed®."  Sure enough, I found another:
    Ahmerrad1.png

Much the same as Durquba, walk past the ladder and you'll find it.
    Ahmerrad2.png

Break it down and you'll be greeted to the other side, with a stairway providing instant access to the wall.
    Ahmerrad3.png

Aside from Ahmerrad, I was unable to find another Destruct-A-Door.  Still, I didn't want to call it quits until after I had at least searched the Khergit territory, which is another potential location specified in some variants of the rumor.  Unfortunately, my searching was in vain, so that about concludes my investigation of-OH CRAP, I forgot to check Shariz!
    Shariz1.png

Dammit!

You sir, have just made me come back to this forum with hope of more adventures to read, because i stopped reading a while ago, due to the same topics arising.
  11. Howler

what's the point of getting your relationship up with your town?

annallia said:
    Would have been nice to know... When the Swadians, Nords, Rhodoks, and Sarranids all ganged up on me and took... almost everything from me, I could have cowered in Praven instead of Suno (75 relation in Praven from tourny spam when it was my court)

I get bored with tournaments, so i am impressed with your dedication.
  12. Howler

Moments of awesome AI conspiracies.

I totally feel your pain, in the original M&B, the Nords hated me to the point of unbelievable insanity!
  13. Howler

Who to appoint as Marshall? :O

As far as choosing, I find lords with high reputation also gather more troops and lords on campaign.  Also this is a good way to gather more Brownie points w a lord. (Respond to his campaign request )
  14. Howler

Prisoners

See i have never been one to look at that. I mainly use the Forest bandits/Mountain bandits for my fodder. =)But now i will look at what you use.
  15. Howler

Riding skill

Your and i are part of a minority of ruthless lords. I find thats the quickest route to money and renown.
  16. Howler

Prisoners

Do you relie on your prisoners as a source of income or backbone for your army?
  17. Howler

Riding skill

Northcott said:
    I have never yet had a quest to rescue a noble from imprisonment. :grin:  In fact, I used to think it would be a great quest idea... until I discovered it apparently exists!

lol, you must not be a high honor seeker.
  18. Howler

OMG A First!

Sven-Mjolnir said:
    how did you do it?

Well i gave 5 territory's back to the king than ignored all his feasts while maintaining my cities, then i conquered a castle after he gave away the property i did not want. All in a short time, then once i conquered the castle i requested it awarded to me, but talked to several lords about supporting some other lord. Its a little complicated and very tedious.

19. Howler

Worst loss/Best win

OKok, by admitting this you can not laugh. My 2 worse losses....My very first battle against the bandit in the first city you start in with my first character.

The second...well lets just say a enemy army of 3000 (2000 peasants other 100 mixed) tromps me and 5 elite companions and a force of roughly 800. I did not take into account that about 2000 rocks can break your shield if you have only 1 shield point invested. Since then now i put roughly 3-5. But in my defense that particular character was a bastard sword user who primarily used the 2h option.
  20. Howler

OMG A First!

I have been playing M&B WB for quite sometime and have never been able to break apart from a kingdom with my lands  :(. I even made a comment about it on another thread this morning. But just a moment ago... I managed to :lol:! I was shocked, and could barely comprehend what just happened ...
Back
Top Bottom