Search results for query: *

1. some type of badass

How can I edit my party members skills

Not sure if I should write this here. Anyways I'm very far into the game with this character and I am unhappy with some of the skills I gave to some of my party members and I want to change them. Is there an easy way for me to do this? I did search but I could not find anything.
  2. some type of badass

Sieges.. have you ever

It's a game... Who wants to wait for that long.

Bad News guys, when it comes to video games, fun should always come before realism. As of right now I would never waste my time sitting in a game doing nothing for that long. I'm sure most people feel the same way. There is no point to having that tactic if it's too boring to ever use.

Now if you want to talk realism, do you think armies attacking castles were threatened by multiple armies that could reach them in under a days travel?

3. some type of badass

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Honestly I'm really surprised some of these "mods" are not added to the actual game.

The way mount and blade has some things set makes no sense to me. Like the one time bonus that comes with mills.
  4. some type of badass

Siege battle still sucks

What I would really like to see are different siege options for towns and castles.

The difference between the different siege options would be the amount of time it take to set them up.

Examples-
    Ladders
    siege tower
    digging under the walls
    tearing the wall apart with catapults
  5. some type of badass

Mount and Blade absurity . . . accidently became hostile and now I can't get bac

A bit unrelated but can you marry Lady Isallo of Suno after you make her Queen of Swadia?

Probably no but I would like to hear it confirmed.
  6. some type of badass

How do you guys do it?

I use to be in the same position as you.

I started to keep only use recruits to guard castles and towns. Each cost only 1 denar a week.

I upgrade my villages and don't let people raid them.

Whenever you come by a town, access the prices for deals.

Guild masters can give quests that require you to go the way your heading anyways, and their quest to rescue a kidnapped lady always pay over 1000 denars if you kill the bandits instead of paying them off.

My army use to cost me 3000 denars a week (swadian knights are expensive  :sad:) but now I'm down to losing a very manageable 600 a week. That's with approximately 150 trained soldiers and about 100 recruits.
  7. some type of badass

Siege Warfare....help :)

I keep a completely separate army of footmen, don't waste mounted troops on sieges. (2 armies are very expensive though  :sad:)

I have an army of 75, half Swadian sergeants and half sharpshooters for sieges.

Castles that require a siege tower are a pain and will almost always mean many casualties. I avoid them unless there are other lords siege with me. (Which is no problem because I became marshal recently)

Taking castles with ladders is normally very doable alone with few deaths.

At the start of the battle I let my sergeants rip apart any enemies on the ground outside the castle and have them hold their ground below the ladder. They do a very good job at attracting all the arrows from the enemy, and very few if any get killed/knocked out.

Tell your archers to follow you and have them hold position at the best angle for lobbing arrows at the visible enemies on the castle. I use a crossbow here too.

If your archers run out of arrows and there are still too many enemy troops simply retreat and siege it again this way. Normally I would lose around 5 troops and they will lose 20-40 men. Once the enemy numbers are low simply tell your infantry to charge.

8. some type of badass

Leader skill

All Personal skills only effect you. Giving party members leader points wont help you unless you make them a vassal I assume.
  9. some type of badass

{Warband} Too long peace, your own faction , becoming king . triple question.

Yeah :/ seems I was wrong and when I raided someone I just got lucky and they declared war.

I'm having an insanely long peace right now. Even with 7 villages and 1 town I can't maintain my army  :evil:. Taxes need to be fixed asap. Right now Castles with one village only cost you money if you garrison adequately.
  10. some type of badass

Lots of city bugs

villages are attached to towns.... Not a bug... Even if there are 5  (They got to be a attached to something)

Tax inefficiency is some new a**hole thing added to take away your money for having many fiefs I think. Which is ridiculous because I would be in the red even without tax inefficiency. (Even with 7 villages 1 town and 1 castle) Full wages for garrisoned troops is way too much. I guess that's what I get for having two armies, one for sieges and the other for battles in the open.

Right now fiefs seem pointless to own in the game. Think I might make a new character, and avoid being a vassal like the plague until it is fixed.
  11. some type of badass

{Warband} Too long peace, your own faction , becoming king . triple question.

I learned you can pick any faction and attack caravans/armies/villages and they will declare war on your faction with no penalty.
  12. some type of badass

[fixed in 1.104][warband] Following the marshal

It's the biggest glitch in the game right now.

Every time a war starts I'm instantly summoned to follow the marshal. whether he's raiding or sitting at a castle for 5 days.

Your doomed to follow him around like his personal servant, or lose relationship points.

It's that simple.
Back
Top Bottom