Search results for query: *

1. The new Subversion.

owainglyndwr said:
    Hey is this SVN version the absolute latest version of the mod? If not, I could use a link to the latest version download or how to do it through that tortoise thing I installed

SVN = Tortoise thing you installed

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,179290.0.html
  2. Congrats!

A well deserved congrats!
  3. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

vietanh797 said:
    Seether said:
    Victob122 said:
    And will you at Troy to the map that'll be awwwesome :cool:

The Trojan War, and destruction of Troy, was 700-800 years before this time period...
    what Troy you are talking about?
    if I remember it right Troy was built 7or 9 times one after another

I'm talking about the only Troy that mattered: the one during the Trojan War. After the Trojan War, Troy was sacked and resettled several times, but it was never more than a tiny village of more than a couple dozen people and was eventually permenantly abandoned. The Roman settlement of Ilium was later founded on the site during the reign of Caesar Augustus, but it too was eventually abandoned.
  4. [How to] Level up your lords and change their equipment

If you can't/don't want to use the module system, a number sequence in two of the five lines of the text will need to be changed. For NATIVE you will changed the numbers between the [ x ]'s to 363. For DIPLOMACY you will change it to 773. For any other module, search for "dlga_lord_talk:lord_talk_preoffer", locate the second series of numbers (between [ x ]'s here), then change the second series of numbers in the below code to whatever that number is. Make sure to take out all four of the [ x ] that I have. Voila!

Basically, think of the numbers between the [ x ]'s as the address for the "Lord Menu", or in other words the menu that comes up whenever you speak to one of your lords. That series of numbers tell the accompanying line of code when it is supposed to be used, in this case "363" is the "Lord Menu" for Native while "773" is the one for Diplomacy.

Code:
    dlga_lord_talk:lord_trade 69631 [x]630[x]  2 31 2 144115188075855989 432345564227567630 2147484208 3 144115188075855987 8 0 Let_me_see_your_equipment.  5101  0 NO_VOICEOVER 
    dlga_lord_trade:do_lord_trade 4095 5101  0 Very_well,_it's_all_here...  5102  1 2051 0 NO_VOICEOVER 
    dlga_do_lord_trade:lord_talk 4095 5102  0 Anything_else?  532  0 NO_VOICEOVER 
    dlga_lord_talk:view_lord_char_requested 69631 [x]630[x]  2 31 2 144115188075855989 432345564227567630 2147484208 3 144115188075855987 8 0 What_can_you_tell_me_about_your_skills?  5103  0 NO_VOICEOVER 
    dlga_view_lord_char_requested:do_lord_view_char 4095 5103  0 All_right,_let_me_tell_you...  5102  1 2046 0 NO_VOICEOVER

As far as adding the 5, when you go into conversation.txt, the very second line is just a short series of numbers. Add 5 to whatever that number is. For example, if it is 3490, you will make it 3495. I might be wrong, but if you use the module system as opposed to the txt files, that number is automatically updated.
  5. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

Victob122 said:
    And will you at Troy to the map that'll be awwwesome :cool:

The Trojan War, and destruction of Troy, was 700-800 years before this time period...
  6. The Peloponnesian War - Suggestions

My only suggestion is to have only one thread for patches/updates.
  7. The Peloponnesian War - Open Alpha Test Feedback

Exzibit said:
    - There should be some armored horses.

My history might be a bit fuzzy, but I don't think hardly anyone (except for some eastern Persian peoples) used armored horses during this time period, and even then it was only half barding. Heck, stirrups hadn't even been invented yet.
  8. Castle builders and angry peasants.

UghUghUgh said:
    Seether, you can't be serious after reading about the problems we ran into so far. Mazai already wasted his time, because his references were incorrect, he doesn't know what scene editing entails and you still think it is a good idea to encourage him to proceed in this manner. If I was a moderator, I'd mute you!

I'm sure you would. Congrats.
  9. Castle builders and angry peasants.

DrTomas said:
    How about before you let people astray, we try to communicate with him and explain what exactly is that we want from him.

How can a non-moderator lead someone astray? He asked for a suggestion of further cities to do so I gave him one. Whether he does them or not, or is lead "astray" or not, seems more like a red herring than anything else.
  10. Castle builders and angry peasants.

mazai said:
    What more need castles or cities? Orleans, and I have already made ​​Carcassonne

Venice or Rome perhaps?
  11. The new Subversion.

kuauik said:
    when its done,Thomas is waiting on my pack,then i must asighn the items to the troops via python,just wait,it will be worth it

Speaking of your pack, do you have any more previews of your new armors and textures? You and Sahran make some great stuff!
  12. The new Subversion.

The Roman towns look really good, but are the scenes for Roman towns still a WIP? If not, then these are either bugs or an issue on my end:

Castle Entrance
    mb1.jpg

Temple(?) on opposite side of scene from Castle Entrance
    mb2.jpg

Castle(?) behind Castle Entrance
    mb3.jpg
  13. The new Subversion.

Just a few minor things:

1) Johann, the companion, has a few errors in his Intro and Backstory. Things like missing periods, commas, run-on sentences, and things of that nature. Also, in his backstory, several times he talks about how he treated wounds, but he does not have any points in the 3 "wound" skills. I would suggest either giving him 1 or 2 points in Wound Treatment or taking those parts out of his conversation.

2) Is there any plan to add Milan (the city) to the game?
  14. Itemkinds.txt error, i need help.

Using the module system would have forced me to add close to 300 items, which would have been a pain in the ass. So instead I once again checked out item number 631 in the item_kinds1.txt . Didn't see anything wrong with it, but I rewrote it from scratch anyways... and it worked. But since I did download the MS as suggested, I have put some custom music into my mod :grin: .

So the fix for the "Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\MODULE\item_kinds1.txt" error is:
    1) Ensure number of second line is correct; using Morgh's v1.38 Editor can verify and fix this.

2) Ensure that no item entries (very first part of item entry) are the same as any other item.

3) Set number on second line of item_kinds1.txt to 603 (Native default) and try to start mod; if you can get to the Main Menu, you are on the right track. Now change the number to something a bit higher; say you have 700 items, put number as 650. If you can get to the Main Menu, the faulty item in between 651 and 700. Now keep adjusting the number until you get the last one that works. If number 685 is the last that works, that means that 684 is the problem (always 1 less, as item list starts at 0). Rewrite the code from scratch, or copy+paste entry for an item that works and manually alter it.
  15. Itemkinds.txt error, i need help.

Figured I'd hop in here instead of making a new thread, as I'm having a similar issue.

Up until recently I was running Diplomacy with 826 items. Everything was fine.

Today I decided to add another 44 items, for a grand total of 870. This number is confirmed with Morgh's v1.38 Editor. I have searched the forums and people who have had similar issues either have not resolved them or did not explain how they were resolved.

Anyways, since adding those new items, I constantly crash on startup, receiving the "Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\Diplomacy\item_kinds1.txt" error.

rgl log:
    } //Processing Ini File Finished
    Loading Music...
    Loading Textures...
    Finished Loading Textures...
    L8 Format is  supported
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_start
    WARNING: UNABLE TO MAP GAME PRESENTATION CODE:  prsnt_game_escape
    Loading Module...
    Loading item kinds...
    ERROR: Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules\Diplomacy\item_kinds1.txt

To add onto this, I changed the number up top to try and localize the problematic text in item_kinds1, since the rgl doesn't tell me jack. After some work, I found out that 631 is the last number that allows me to get to the main menu; 632 and above crashes and gives me the above error message. So I would assume item 630 is ok and 631 is the problem, however that would make no sense since prior to adding the latest items, the number was 826 and worked fine... plus nothing appears wrong with anything around 631. So obviously it has to be the recent 44 added, but I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

What I'm getting at is, aside from incorrect number up top and double spacing, what else would cause this to happen?
  16. kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

Al_Mansur said:
    Actually, only a minority was Viking, although this minority formed the elite, and therefore had a massive influence. Most of Normans were and are above all "continental" Germanic (mostly Franks) and Celtic (Gauls).

Yeah, after their successful invasions of northern Europe they intermixed with the locals. But the Normans were originally from Scandinavia.
  17. kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

John Felton said:
    Those helmets look like as if they are the advanced and improved version of Viking helmets.

That's because Normans were vikings :wink:
  18. POP3.2: Some points on cavalry

Treebeard said:
    slyspy said:
    Four things related to cavalry:
    First, for some reason my cavalry charge into the fray and then stop, hacking for a bit before the survivors gallop off. Now this intial crush was there in M&B before, but it seems especially bad now. In contrast, previously in POP cavalry had a way of running about everywhere which was also rather frustrating, but for a different reason.

Secondly, none of my lance-and-shield equipped characters will couch even though the player can couch and use the shield in warband. I was hoping this would be different in Warband/POP.

Thirdly, I'm noticing that cavalry with lances and spears will use their polearms even when it could make more sense (eg when the enemy is very close and the horseman stationary or, worse, when on foot). In previous versions of M&B they were happy to swop weapons, so long as the sidearm was in the first slot.

Fourthly, dismounted cavalry appear to still follow cavalry orders. This is less than optimal, and was different in POP3.0 IIRC.

I hope you understand that I love the mod, indeed I brought Warband in order to play it. I just want to see it get even better!

Thanks for the feedback.

Cavalry in WB tend to not overrun foot units as easily as in MB. Instead they can get stuck easily (even by friendly foot units. And they have an engine built-in "dismount" that unfortunately can't be turned off). WB nerfed the cavalry and there are some issues that may result from that nerfing. We're looking at the cavavalry shortcomings and trying to improve in small increments. (Also any new passivities that are detected while playing and testing are looked at and updated in the patch code so they don't happen again in the future patch).

In more detail, what are your companions' orders when you see them not couching? What speed are they travelling with when not couching? There is no script function for forcing a couch, so the engine handles all non-player couching. Generally a lance equipped unit will couch when the speed is at couching speed.

Dismounted cavalry in WB does not get auto-reassigned to infantry/archers. This is a TW problem and can not be compensated for in the module system scripts unfortunately.

Changing from lance to melee weapon for cavalry in melee and dismounted cavalry is unfortunately an engine bug, but it can be scripted around. In the release version we've not had time to do that though. We'll look into ways of improving weapon switchin for cavalry (- this is something TW should preferably fix though).

I've never used this, but perhaps this could be adapted to PoP?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,128605.msg3100174.html#msg3100174
  19. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
    Seether - that is Warband, not PoP.  We fixed a ton of the PoP armor, but then lost our last texturer to RL responsibilities and could not finish.  Warband made tons of our PoP armor look like the devil and Gerhart spent months trying to fix it all, but had to stop and deal with real life.  If there are any texturers amongst PoP's fans, we could really use some help in that area.

Yes and no. Certain textures, when imported from M&B to Warband, will have that 'glossy' look to it. So yes, it is because of Warband, but it is chiefly because of the textures not being updated when PoP was brought to Warband; all those specific textures need is an update. As far as texturers, I would suggest the PoP team contacting Sahran, as these are mostly 'soft' armors, which he excels at.
  20. WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

Seether said:
    Bug: Dark Byrnie texture is 'glossy'

Same with Dark Strapped Studded Leather... looks like armors that share that same 'dark' texture all have a glossy appearance.
Back
Top Bottom