Search results for query: *

1. Cannot find .py files

Okay, all I want to do is look at the level scaling for those ridiculous bandit lords to stop them from scaling to 200+ units, or just outright remove the scaling if I have to. What I don't understand is that every single tutorial talks about finding .py files, files that do not exist -anywhere-...
  2. completely lost Serial Key

Pretty simple, bought this game from the store eons ago, from a now defunct e-mail. I bought it straight from talesworld, and the eseller.whatever thing won't recognize any e-mail I've EVER used, so I clearly didn't go through them. My old system completely fried from the motherboard, and while...
  3. Win7 crashes. **FIX** <Anybody with RGL errors look here>

Mount and blade runs ever so slightly differently, enough so that texture loading has issues with win7.
    There are some higher polygon counts that crash the game it's not just the warhorse (though it IS one issue)

It's why cutting some of those details out removes the crash. Thats what I've concluded anyway

4. Your Favourite Kind of Centurion ?

I love the work done to marius, he really seems like an actual character rather than some mindless lord. I actually look at him as an individual while the calredean(and your) lords are all stale.

I also give credit to what you made, excellent balance between insanity and sanity with the nihilistic ones, and the moral throw around with the "hero" ones, we amazing and made you think. It also a great idea to add in at least some semblance of personality, so not everyone's just some evil monsters.

I also wanna note the balance the nihilistic lords have, as much as making them like kefka/mr.gates would be amazing, it might not fit as well.
  5. Bandit "fix"

Perhaps it would be just as wise to put a cap on the bandits size so other lords aren't beaten by common bandits, which happened to me quite often before I reworked parties.txt

Theres nothing wrong the number of them, its the sheer size that makes it impossible for anyone but the human player to even fight them late game, heck even mid-game sometimes
  6. Native troops

The link is helpful but I'll speed things up for you.

To upgrade native troops you must go to a town/castle that was originally or is currently owned by said nation. This can include YOUR feifs, note the "was originally". The "once owned" only refers to when you take the feif, if swabia captured from vaegris, vaegris troops won't train there

So if you want vaegris marksman, go to a place once owned or currently owned by vaegris, if you want swabian knights, head to the old plains of swabia.
  7. New Blacksmith Items for Kings (now Royal Artifacts)

The price you get for them si absolutely mindblowing, you'll stare at the screen shocked then laugh in amazement as you get a total of one gold piece for each item! yep, they never sold mroe than 1 gold for me.

You -can- get multiples if you cheat. Legititmately, no one only
  8. Workaround for centurion dialogue freeze

Oh yah, I forgot about the events where you can duel a noble(why is it a swbian knight again?) and continue dosnt work.

But yes, sticky till it's fixed please
  9. Bandit "fix"

Actually i can take on 200 or so bandits as any race with veyr little losses if I dont mess up.
    But...my lords dont have that. So when they get outnumbered, even if they win, it tends to make things difficult, and I can't protect all over the world
  10. What is hardcoded

Yes that was very helpful, thanks for the post.
    I have got to use searching better
  11. What is hardcoded

Hey everyone, quick question for my planning. What is hardcoded into the game. I assume stuff like save/load and similar menus are stuck, and I know sound files are set. Is there anything else that is out of reach, I plan on doing some reworks to things like damage and skills so I need to know.
  12. Camp Button is Crashing My Game Again

It seems to be related to that unamed troops, I do remember seeing him when the battle ended, and it never happened in anything but 5.0

As a sidenote, it seems to only happen aFTER a "conversation" with him occours.
    I originally thought the stratigic advisor was the cause but it seems to be some kind of connection between this unnamed troop and the camp.

Perhaps the stratagic advisor(after leaving your party) is "respawned" as an unnamed troops, in which the game is crashing trying to contact this unnamed troops that dosnt exist anymore, thats my theory anyway.
  13. Bandit "fix"

This is to anyone who can. I'm getting a little ticked at bandits reaching 100+ early game...my level 28 character dosnt like being ambushed by bandits with at minimum 90 opponents. Is there any way to easily decrease this scale, or perhaps max out the number of bandits at a certain point(more...
  14. Instant crash when entering world

If I can help, try starting a new game.
    One game I couldn't acess my "camp", it seem to cause the game to crash.(screen would go black and it would take 20+ minutes to shut down on it's own)
    It just seemed to be a once in a hundred glitch that happened when the stratigic advisor left the camp menu, or when cheats were disabled.
  15. question: stratigic formations you use

Hey there everyone whos reading. Yes my grammer stinks. I've been playing mount and blade for a while and finally got the courage to begin work on my own mod, and a very ambitious one at that. Anyway part of my design is going to be reworking the AI in and out of battle. Anyway my question is...
  16. (answered)

sorry, dont woryr about me
  17. Voting Poll:How many arrows should an average Quiver hold? (Game Balance)

LibSpit said:
    I was wondering about the idea of a seige quiver that cannot be used on horse back for instance. So a horse archer has less shots so cannpt forever harass an infantry group....ugh that can get SO annoying :smile:

but a horse archer style player can keep a seige quiver on hand to switch out for seige battles and have a larger amount of arrows for seiges, where your shots can become critical to the success or failure of a seige.

I used to do the same castle tactic of holding my forces back and shooting with my archers until i ran out of arrows then retreated and fought another seige after, the problem with this is it can trash your morale at times :smile: But then again seiges were generally pretty demoralising affairs and if your troops weren't confident you were stuffed through attrition.

Please tell me I can sue this idea in my mod, THATS GENIOUS! how could somone possibly not have done this. Seriously this solves so many gameplay problems, horse archers cano longer "prink" you to death, charging whenever your archers pull their bows, and grund archery retain a big advantage over their hrosebacked cousins. It also gives archery a legitmate reason not to jump to horseback.
  18. Voting Poll:How many arrows should an average Quiver hold? (Game Balance)

I chose 40 for one reason, range and numbers.

Yes, with the average 50 HP unit assuming 15+ damege each, 4 arrows is enough to kill them. This means 6 kills each, and thats asusming perfect accuracy and alot of stats.
    In reality, getting jsut 2-3 kills on the battlefield with archery without at least 5-6 power drawand/or horse archery, I end up using all 40 just getting a few kills, and thats just not ok for me.

The problem comes when you face 100 man armies, even 50-60 armies, you on your own cant do much (thanks to the battle system), enemy throwing weapons only take 2-3 hits to take you down, and with large numbers, your done, so standing as melee cavalry after making 6-10 kills(assuming perfect shots).

The solution to this SHOULD be troops, right? no. Vagris is the only faciton with truely frightening archery, and my experience with crossbows is well, 8-15 damage WITH the same proficiency(about 150-300 by mid/late game), so swabian and rodocks archery is at best, support, ad thats assuming the infantry line holds.

So nearly double the amount of arrows, is very big effect, especially if your going for pure archery.

Any argument otherwise would be nice
  19. What has changed

If I can ask again, Im not so sure that wikis accurate form what I've been hearing, though I could be wrong. either way it dosnt provide much in details.

I find it hard to belive that damn near nothing has changed, too many people are making a switch to warband for that to be the case, and the multiplayer dosn't seem large enough to arrent the jumping ship that a large number of mods are doing
Back
Top Bottom