Search results for query: *

• Users: dstemmer
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. dstemmer

Town shootouts (video included)

Hey everyone, I've uploaded a video of the town shootouts that will be in the next version of 1866. It's still a WIP but very close to being done. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqXpK94yQw
  2. dstemmer

mission_enable_talk

...doesn't seem to work after calling mission_disable_talk.  Is it a bug? Any known fixes/workarounds?
  3. dstemmer

agent_set_team and mordr_charge

Often when I use agent_set_team to change the AI from one team (that is friendly with the player) to another (that is hostile to the player), the AI will refuse to charge the player. Specifically, if the agent happens to be facing in the opposite direction of the player when switching teams, he...
  4. dstemmer

Flotilla

This is what has been preventing me from doing any useful work tonight: http://www.blendogames.com/flotilla/ Bought the game for $10. Combat system is great -- if anyone has played Homeworld, it's a lot like that, except simultaneous turn-based (gameplay pauses and both teams issue move/attack...
  5. dstemmer

Animations that can play while an agent is moving

Simple question, how do I make an animation that will 'lock' the upper body in place but allow an agent to walk, similar to any of the weapon ready swing animations? The difference would be that I would want to trigger the animation for a certain fixed amount of time, instead of it being...
  6. dstemmer

Making a thrown weapon visible in your hand, invisible in the air?

Here is the situation: I want to have a throwing weapon which is visible in your hand and will display the initial throwing animation. While the projectile is in the air, however, it must be invisible. There should also be no visible projectile where it hits the ground. When you are out of...
  7. dstemmer

Rotating a position toward another position

Hello, I was wondering if anybody knew of any scripts for rotating a position toward another position. 1866 has one but it's horribly inefficient -- basically it just rotates a position 360 degrees, moves it on its local y, and finds which angle minimizes the distance between the two positions...
  8. dstemmer

Number of particles problem

I am trying to write a script that will kick up dirt wherever a particle hits the ground (gunfire, in this case). However, whenever I try and change the number of particles, it appears to have no effect. Here is the operation I use to trigger the particle system: (particle_system_burst...
  9. dstemmer

[Suggestion] Disarm on riposte

[Suggestion] There have been a number of good suggestions about how to buff riposte. Here's my idea: A riposte on an attack should have a chance of disarming the attacker. By 'disarm', I mean that the weapon should drop on the ground as if the attacker had pressed the 'g' key, and the attacker...
  10. dstemmer

[Suggestion] A few refinements to mounted combat (NOW WITH SEXY VISUAL AID!)

First of all, I'd like to say that I love the direction that mounted combat is going with the last two patches. Couched lancing is better than ever and feels entirely natural now. The inability to swing through your horse's head gives cavalry a 'blind spot' in the front that opens up interesting...
  11. dstemmer

Can't take prisoners from looter parties

Has anyone else had this problem with this patch? I haven't tried it with other party types yet.
  12. dstemmer

[Suggestion] Domino effect for kicks

I really like being able to kick, but it's very hard to use in situations with multiple opponents. If you're fighting one person in melee and there's another person coming up from behind him to join the fight, it's best just to keep backpedaling to prevent the second guy from catching up for as...
  13. dstemmer

[Suggestion] A strategic metagame for M&B multiplayer

There have been a lot of suggestions about how to implement an overworld-style multiplayer component to Warband, but most have been infeasible because they don't scale up well. Most of the suggestions would require a huge overhaul to the codebase and and force the servers to keep track of a lot...
  14. dstemmer

Unique shield blocking scheme (diagram!), attacking while blocking

The following is a new proposal for directional blocking with shields. I split this off from another thread CryptoCactus' thread because the idea was too different from the original suggestion. Here are the main points: Board shields automatically protect you from all attacks. There is no...
  15. dstemmer

Kicking is difficult with elevation differences

Just wanted to bring up a minor criticism, it's almost impossible to kick if an opponent is a little bit above/below you. Kick could use an eensy-weensy bit of extra range, too.
  16. dstemmer

[Trivial suggestion] Throwing rocks!

There's an archer standing on a roof that nobody can get to. It's you versus a Khergit archer with a half-dead horse, and you're all out of javelins. There's a guy 20 feet away about to stab your buddy in the back, and you want to delay him for the split-second your friend needs to turn around...
  17. dstemmer

[BUG] Couched lancing seems broken in the tournaments

Not sure if this is a problem with couched lancing in general, or just a problem with the length of the the practice lances in the arena, but couched lancing seems very spotty during the arena battles. Hits seem to be pretty random and don't necessarily correspond to where you lance is pointing...
  18. dstemmer

[SUGGESTION] Adjust animation for thrusting on horseback

Currently, thrusting a weapon (such as a lance) use from horseback causes the character to extend their arm all the way outward for a second or so. Besides looking way overextended, this long animation is way too generous with hit detection. Pretty much any time the lance is extended (even after...
  19. dstemmer

[BUG] Battles spawn armies right next to each other

I had a fight that was Rhodoks vs. Swadians on mountain terrain, and the armies spawned literally 30 feet away from each other. Holy crap did it surprise me when I spawned in and suddenly got shot by 15 arrows. Anyway check the spawn points, looks like some are busted.
  20. dstemmer

Character 'overturns' with new turning animation

First things first: this isn't another "I hate the new turn speed limitations" thread. I think caps on turn speed are a great idea and good for gameplay. However, there is a major problem with the animation. Quite often, when you swivel the camera, your character 'overturns' past where you're...
Back
Top Bottom