Search results for query: *

1. Floodzilla

Couple of questions

Kalenden said:
    Another quick question:

Does Quigfen ( the guy who sells Noldor stuff ) also sell Noldor Horses? I'm thinking about building positive relations with the Noldor ( I suppose you do that by helping them in battle ) but I also want a Noldor horse, so I'm not sure if I should be fighting them for one, or if I can buy one.

yes he does,he also sells a champion noldor spirit horse.Quite rare, quite expensive, quite for the elite rider(needs 8 in riding)
    You can "farm" Noldor and still keep positive relations with them as long as you make sure you capture some of them prisoners to release.You can choose to attack them even if you have positive relations.You'll suffer the usual -4 relations by doing so but if you capture 4 or more prisoners, you won't actually loose status with them.
    Right now i got them around +20 relations and still hit them if i think i can take them.
  2. Floodzilla

The Discussion - Not a conversation for everyone -

saxondragon said:
    The next question is what do the Publishers need?

Followed by, “What does the Development House” require?

Most importantly is “What do the consumers demand?”

Publishers need profit.Sometimes this translates into a popular title, a powerful engine, stuff like that.Lets face it they are making an investment and if something goes wrong, the biggest loss is theirs.That's why theirs is also the biggest profit in case of success.

Devs require resources.Call it whatever you like.Game engine, recording studios, voice actors, downpayment from the publishers to cover their expenses.They are the ones that make most of the work.Do they get payed enough for it?HAHA!

What the consumers demand, is covered in one small sentece:"a good gaming experience".However if you go beyond that sentence you will see that it has different interpretation from consumer to consumer.Each one of us percieves this good experience differently.
    Example?
    Fawzia likes her gaming actionlike but with depth.A strong or at least believable story.Some plot that gets thicker as you play.
    A teenager might be interested in a true bloodbath.Blood, gore, screams, you get my point.Is anyone of them wrong?Nope!
    Are they both correct?Most likely.That is what "target groups" are for.My personal tastes are quite similar to Fawzia's, probably because of age. (don't let them tell us we are old Fawzia  :wink: ). I know its not really nice to categorise persons but that's how the market works.So as far as the market is concerned Fawzia (sorry for using you as an example F , but i didn't think you would mind) and i belong to the same target group.The teenager i brought up as an example belongs to another one.So the dev's and the publishers simply select the target group(s) that their product will attract.
    Isn't PoP a mod created for the experienced M&B player?That's a target group too.newcomers might come and play it too(and quite admirably) but still the main target of your work are the experienced players (also the players that want a more solid story) right?.

I will conclude my long post (its not yet but it will become) by saying that SD is not in this for the money, and i don't think he will ever be.I have seen some suggestions about buying a game engine and stuff like making a mod that will reward him and the rest of the team with cash.I will say it one more time, they are NOT doing it for the money.They are doing it out of pure love of what they create.Also they are doing it for us.

SD if you ever need a verification that what you do is worth it simply check this....
    Sal123 said:
    Great job PoP team! Thank you for this wonderful mod.  :grin:

Nocturno said:
    Amazing mod
    it pours hard work and many many details taken care of.
    Many thanks  :mrgreen:

Kulfon0801 said:
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You, thank You, thank You, thank You....

Josef_the_Pretender said:
    Great to see a new release folks  :grin:

Congratulations to all the team, on reaching another milestone for PoP. It's great to see such a collaborative effort and I hope it goes from strength to strength.

Saimon84 said:
    Thank you for all your hard work.
    I'm sure this is simply the best mod ever.

Now... Download then several hours of play, full immersion-mode, in this wonderful mod, await me.

Thank you again.

S84

Paladin Of Elohym said:
    THANKS PoP TEAM! Best mod for M&B if not the best mod for anything EVER! You guys ROCK!!!

Dark Art said:
    Please accept my sincere thanks and huge congratulations on the release.  Saxondragon, you keep impressing me with your diligence and creativity. Thumbs up all the way for you, amigo!

Adrius said:
    *sob sob*

You... you guys...

YOU ARE SO AWESOME!

You've created the best mod ever, again. Thank you.

I only quoted a few to keep my post somewhat small.There are more from where these came.
  3. Floodzilla

Pendor Nobles to Knights

q2q said:
    I'm having a very hard time building any Pendor knights due to the new change that you can only recruit nobles.

[list type=decimal]
    [*]If i understand correctly, in order to recruit Pendor nobles, you must manage a castle or town, plus you must have a training grounds built (something which takes about a month with fair engineering skills). Is that right?

[*]Basically, if I give a Castle or Town to a Lord as a fief, then I'm eliminating my ability to get Pendor Knights. Is that also correct?

[*]Finally, if I do own a castle or town, how can I ensure I'll be recruiting Pendor Nobles and not some mongrol Sarleons or their ilk?
    [/list]
    1:correct
    2:If you give away all your castles/towns with training grounds then yes you will need to build another in one of your feifs
    3:Its all about what kind of culture you will choose at the founding of your kingdom.If you pick the old kingdom of Pendor, then you will get Pendor Nobles.You can keep track of how many are available for recruit at any given time from the char report screen.Not sure but i think more training grounds makes for more Nobles attracted.Need confirmation on that though.
  4. Floodzilla

M&B ONLY -Prophesy of Pendor 3.x FOR M&B V 1.011 - Consolidated Bug Reports

MadVader said:
    Floodzilla said:
    Floodzilla said:
    Just finished a fight with Jarl Adalstienn Goldtooth and his 73 Empire Immortals????How han he have that kind of troops with him?I don't think they are recruitable from prisoners right?

Run into him again and he had a new stock of Immortals so i am guessing he is "supposed" to have them.But isn't it a bit weird for a Fierdsvain lord to be training elite Empire troops?Not to mention managing to break through the shield wall of huskarls in a siege only to find a few dozen immortals raising their middle finger...ehmmm i mean jarid to you.

Actually, that's a good catch - those Immortals were meant for Agathon Legatus.. The Empire guys got swindled in teh code.

Come on Griefer, you're usually a very carefull poster.You missed this and it was just in the previous page  :razz:
  5. Floodzilla

WARBAND & M&B Pendorian Stories

I am getting awfully tired these days, my bones started to ache more than usual, my breathing is coming painfully out of me
    and the wounds from my countless battles are giving this old body a really hard time.Even for a man of my age this is more than normal and i am concluding that my days are numbered.I am not complaining though, the gods have blessed me with a long life and in those 87 years i've been around i have experienced things most people would never dream of.Like all the men who have lived such a life though, vanity forbids me to leave this mortal realm without leaving behind a testament of my adventures.I have been a lot of things in my lifetime, a soldier, a leader of men, a hero, a murderer, a father, a kingslayer.
    The name is Stanley Madelor and this is my story!

My story begins as a son of a farmer at Barcley, a land as torn appart by war as Pendor.Come to think about it, is there any land of Man not ravaged by war?Is it a coincidence that the Noldor words for war and man are almost identical?Anyway i was the third son of Michael Madelor, a poor but fair and honorable man.The farm we were working belonged to Lord Vandian, may his soul rot in hell for his cruelty.The first dramatic thing that ever happened to my otherwise plain and regular life at the farm was falling in love with the Lord's daughter. Fair Eloaine, i still remember her vividly despite the years that have passed.We were both young and innocent, unaware of the difference of our status.Her father laughed at my face when he heard about us.He told me "Lad you are a fine man but a fine POOR man.Unless you can come by with a small fortune, there is no way you will be considered as a candidate for her hand."
    I was heartbroken.I had to find a lot of money but that was not an option for a farmboy.Two months later the recruiters from the army passed by our farm.They had been through our farm before but this time their promise of riches and plunder filled my youthful mind.All i could see in front of me was an opportunity to marry Eloaine.At the age of 14 i became a conscript for Baron Ferdenor's army.

The Baron was a very clever strategist but also he was cursed with an unsatiated lust for land and power.We were constantly on the move, either drilling or fighting.By the age of 20 i was already a veteran of 3 campaigns and had participated in 7 great and decisive battles, including the battle at Droendall pass and the siege of castle Byonthan.Most of our fights were victorious and the Baron was nicknamed "the winner".His victories had earned him the right place at the King's side.My passion and determination had earned me, my own small regiment of heavy footmen and the title "master sergeant".Baron Ferdenor was paying his men handsomely and in those 6 years i had stashed an amount of money good enough to impress Eloaine's father, perhaps even to buy all of his land if i wished to do so.I took only what was neccesary to survive and left the rest at the care of the Baron's quartermaster, who was rather impressed that i was saving up, while everyone else was spending  all their coin on ephemeral pleasures.Janek the quartermaster had taken a liking in me, especially after he had heard and sympathised with my story.It was he who proposed my name to the Baron to take me as his aide on his next visit to see the King.

I was thrilled to be at the palace!All that luxury was breathtaking.I had never dreamed of such things as a farmer and now here i was, at the King's court, where every important person in Barclay dreamed to be.Eloaine would be amazed if she could see me here.During the trip we exchanged no words with the Baron.He was isolated in his carriage while i was riding beside him acompanied by the rest of his entourage (and mind you i totally hate horses).He only made sure that i was properly dressed and that i would not open my mouth during our stay at the palace, out of fear that my low upbringing would be offencive to His Majesty.I promised i would not utter a single word.Finally we were anounced to the King and we proceeded into his hall.His Majesty was holding a feast to honor the ever-victorious Baron.My lord would sit next to the King while i would be seated at another table that was set nearby for the aides and bodyguards of the lords that were present.When we reached the throne i stayed behind, while my lord approached the King.He kneeled and kissed the ring on His Majesty's pinky finger, a sign of submission.Then he briefly anounced me and it was my turn to bow before Barclay's ruler.The King gave me only one look, although it was a look i knew all too well and it chilled me to the bone.It was the calculating stare of a warrior seizing up a potential opponent to figure out his true potential.I had seen it a lot of times during my battles and duels and i took every precaution not to let him know my true value.For all he knew i was just one of those spoiled young nobles, who are given a title at the army and see war as a sport.Apparently satisfied with what he saw, he withdrew his eyes from me and focused on his honored guest.My guts told me something was wrong.I could not warn my lord without any proof but i would remain vigilant and keep my sword with me at all times.My sword was the only thing i ever spent good money for.I needed something trustworthy and thankfully its superior craftmanship made it worthy of an aide's weapon and i was allowed to carry it with me.

When the feast ended, King Geladre invited my lord for a drink and to discuss matters of the state together.Me and the King's bodyguard acompanied them to a small room with a small table carved exactly like a map of Barclay as i recalled it from the maps that quartermaster Janek had.Me and the bodyguard, a guy with a face you could never trust would have to wait outside.Half an hour had already passed and during that time i was constantly making sure that i never let my guard down or leave a spot open to the only other person sharing the hall with me.This guy was also trying to find out if i could pose a threat and i was really trying to convince him otherwise.Leaving a spot available that was not entirely safe to exploit, or appearing to be nonchalant but looking at his direction were tricks i knew to make people believe i was just a foolish youngster.Finally he went to look at a tapestry and invited me to look on some of the details.He was about to make his move and i knew it.I approached him from his left making sure my finely crafted cape was hiding the fact that my left hand was grasping the hilt of my sword.I hadn't yet trained my left hand to the extent i would in my later years, but still it was good enough for one deadly move.I came close to him, so close i could smell his breath, foul from liquor and bad teeth.This was no ordinary royal guard.This man was an assasin.I pretended to be interested in his remarks, when all i was doing was keeping all my senses awake to "feel" when he would strike.I heard a blade leaving its scabbard.I reacted.My body moved on its own, used to the way of the fighter, after 6 years of constant warfare.My right hand knocked the dagger from his hand while it was still half isnide the scabbard.All the while my sword was unsheathed and covering a small arc landed on his unprotected abdomen area.His face was a mask of pain and amazement.Before he even realised what had been done, before he even realised the pain my hand was on his mouth while i gave a twist on the blade to finish off the poor bastard.In a few seconds he collapsed but i had no time to relax.My lord was in grave danger and i stormed through the door.The door of a king.

"What is the meaning of this?" the King demanded when he saw me rushing into the room."What have you done young fool?"  the Baron added, but when he saw the blood on my blade he paused.He was not a fool either and although he didn't know a  single thing about me, he trusted his quartermaster's decisions and looked sceptically towards the King.His royal highness was furious and for the first time in my life i saw an enraged King."This changes nothing of my plans you basterd!I will finish you off with my own hands!GUARDS!"King Geladre shouted as he removed a dagger from his belt and moved against my lord.It all happened so fast, that its still a bit blurry in my mind.What i believe i did was that i moved quickly between the two nobles, taking the hit that was intended for my lord and striking down the King in the process.I started feeling dizzy and the blow had hit me in the chest, just inches above my heart.I looked at my hands bathed in blood and heard Baron Ferdenor's voice ring heavily in my head "thank you my boy, i will make sure you somehow make it out of this with your life".Then i collapsed.

I woke up feeling a bit numb, and my vision slowly fixed on two persons standing above me.One was the baron, the other was a complete stranger to me."Where am i?" i managed to say."Don't speak", i recognised the baron's voice."Leave us alone, i want to talk to the prisoner", "the prisoner" i thought to myself.This can't be good.When we were alone, the baron explained that he had to put the blame for the king's murder solely on me.I tried to point out that it was not a murder but lord Ferdenor said nobody would believe us.He promised me again to find a way to release me.Then he explained to me that i was in the
    palace's dungeons and that i was asleep for 3 days.My wounds were patched up by the late king's own physician."Why not just let me die?" i asked.He explained that they wanted me at full health before they could punish me so that they could set an example to all.At least that would give him some time to act.

A week passed after my talk to the baron and everyting was becoming monotonous.They would feed me well, tend my wounds and then try to question me.I told them nothing as per the Baron's instructions and when they tried to get rough, i pretended that my wounds were aching.Well i wasn't pretending much, a stab in the chest is quite a painful experience, believe me i have felt it more than once.Still it would put my captors in a defensive position and so i was never interrogated.That was when the baron made his move.It would take a full month before the late king's son was declared the new ruler of Barclay, but a week
    after his death he would have to be annointed by the Archbishop himself.I have never been much of a religious man so i had no idea what this represented, but according to my jailors, i was to be executed at that ceremony, as the murderer of late King Geladre, may his soul rot in whatever hell knigs go."Great!What's the good news?" i asked and the jailors laughed.What the jailors didn't tell me though was that the temple where i was to be delivered was a good 3 days march from the palace.At least i would see the sun before i died i thought.

I was on my way to what i thought would be an unworthy way to die, not as a warrior on the fielad of battle, but as a kingslayer.At least as murderers go i was aiming at the top, none can argue about that.Lost in my thoughts of my final moments i didn't notice the figures that were following us from the shadows of the trees, as we moved through the countryside.maybe it was partially assisted by the fact that i was trying to remove the rotten food from me.I forgot to say that i was paraded through the streets of Regovian, the city directly below Barclay's royal palace.The crowd wa sreally enthusiastic and rewarded me with all sorts of "gifts", calling me all sorts of names.Their love towards my face was obvious and equally appreciated.I started to notice that something was on our trail only at the second day.Didn't know what to think,all i could do was to remain focused.And then the revelation hit me like a charge from Sarleon's heavy cavalry.The pattern of the chasing was extremelly familiar.The spreading of the men, the way of signaling, this was my unit!My own men handpicked and traind by me were on my track!The Baron held true to his promise.At night my men made their move.The palace guards are a unit highly skilled and trained but when it comes to war they are "green".They are no match for a veteran army unit, especially one fighting for Baron Ferdenor who wages war 300 days per year.The fight was a massacre because they were caught by surprise and more than half of them were wiped out at the start of the ambush.My men got away with minor injuries and only one who was moderatelly hit and would require some attention.After a quick reunion and some happy faces, we went for the horses they had brought with them.We headed east towards the port city of Asderith and during our ride they explained that the idea to execute me at the annointment was all the baron's idea to get me out of the palace where he could organise a rescue.The second part of his plan involved me getting on a ship for another continent, with orders never to return in Barclay.That was the first moment after the death of the king that i thought of my beloved Eloaine again.I would never lay my eyes upon her again.I was grieved beyond describing but there was not much i could do about it now.I was a kingdom's scapegoat.The criminal who killed their beloved king,regardless if i was right and he was a mischievious bastard.I parted with my men outside Asderith, as a bunch of armed men like us would draw attention.We said our farewells and they gave me a bag filled with precious gems and coins.These were my savings from the endless campaigns in Baron Ferdenor's service.They would get me safe passage to a faraway land and ensure i had enough to make a fresh start.I was also given some sort of pole wrapped up inside a blanket.I took a peak and recognised my sword.My own sword that served me loyally all these years.A sword that had killed a king.

The same night i managed to board passage on a ship that was departing shortly for a faraway land."Where did you say we are headed?", i asked the captain of the ship when we were ready to set sail."Valonbray" he replied."Where the hell is that?", i continued."Pendor, laddy, the land of Pendor, say ye look like a warrior type to me 'aight?".I nodded cautiously."Oh ye're gonna luv Pendor!".That said i went to my cabin and took a good rest.As good as a "landlubber" as the captain called me can sleep on a sailing ship.And that's how i ended up on the lands of Pendor.

But that's someting i'll have to continue another day.I can feel my old body begging for some sleep.
  6. Floodzilla

Couple of questions

Kalenden said:
    Thanks for the replies! I didn't know the Prisoner Management skill reduces the chances for a lord to escape from battle. I thought it only prevented them from escaping when they were already captured, as prisoners in your party. I guess you learn something new every day!
    Theoretically just by reading it that's what it is supposed to do but i noticed that when i had only 1 point on it lords were frequently escaping after a battle.Now that i have invested 5 points on it i have had only one lord escaping out of more than 15 that i have defeated.It just can't be coincidental.

Kalenden said:
    So far, I've taken note of the hints and I've got a couple of hero adventurers, some adventurers, and tons of Maiden Cavalry ( they don't seem to level up with the same speed that adventurers do but I'm getting there ). I'll go collect some Ravenstern Rangers when I'm ready for my first siege.
    You might want to consider the option to train empire armored crossbowmen too.Now that the x-bows have far better damage/accuracy than bows they are a deadlier ranged force.On top of that after you take your castle/town the x-bowmen are a much better defensive force than bowmen.
  7. Floodzilla

Couple of questions

Most of the questions have been answered more than adequately.I would like to add something on your 4th question.
    There is only one safe way to increase your chances of capturing someone, be that a spawn or a lord.
    Invest on prisoner management as each point reduces chances for a lord to escape by 5%.
  8. Floodzilla

Now you have played a bit...

Well arghy you can try starting a knighthood order to cover your assault units, like ebony gauntlet knights or silvermists.
    You can start as many orders as you can fit in your castles/towns.You can JOIN only one.Now in order to have those guys in your army is trickier than in 2.5 You will need to attract noble recruits.To do that you need to build training grounds in your castle.Don't know if more than one speeds up the process.If its unavailable for construction try training your steward.Training grounds require some skill in training and weapon master if i remember correctly (i think 3 and 5 respectively , not sure though check PoPwiki if you like).After that the nobles will start coming and are recruitable from your steward's war room discussion (500 denarii each).
    Plus your castle's garisson that houses your order will periodically get supplied with knights.
  9. Floodzilla

Prophesy of Pendor 3.0 Screenshots

Nice find Nekrataal! I got another one myself!
    fawz.jpg

old bat of an elder????hahahahaha
  10. Floodzilla

Floodzilla said:
    Just finished a fight with Jarl Adalstienn Goldtooth and his 73 Empire Immortals????How han he have that kind of troops with him?I don't think they are recruitable from prisoners right?

Run into him again and he had a new stock of Immortals so i am guessing he is "supposed" to have them.But isn't it a bit weird for a Fierdsvain lord to be training elite Empire troops?Not to mention managing to break through the shield wall of huskarls in a siege only to find a few dozen immortals raising their middle finger...ehmmm i mean jarid to you.
  11. Floodzilla

Just a while ago i fought daughters of Persinoe.First of all their voice track doesn't match at all their text (all the 3 times i repeated the fight just to check).Second, while i was fighting them i noticed that the Veccavia (typo fixed :razz:) Queen's Guards were...well unarmed.They tried to hit me with their fists and also to block with them.Then i dismounted one (the way that is painful to a horse) and saw that she started wielding a polearm.Perhaps the unit is given only weapons unusable on horseback?

12. Floodzilla

PoP3 Money shortage issue

And if you have decent looting skill and feel confident about your army, try paying a visit to Noldor territories.You'll find out they carry very good gear for you and expensive items to sell.
  13. Floodzilla

Footy said:
    Makes sense, though i would say that is close to cheating  :razz:
    Making the game easier is by no way considered cheating.But i did feel a bit dirty after my victory over Gregory  :razz:
    Can't figure out how he got 500+ honor so fast though!I mean i am playing a rather chivalrous Lord Vaseline and even though i only captured Gregory for ransom and have been releasing everyone else, my honor is at 145 after 230 days.I have been releasing quite a few Noldor troops too since they are on my farming list!
  14. Floodzilla

Footy said:
    Just how did you get that amount of renown and honor after just 122 days? o_O Almost 300 ingame days, and im just at 4000 renown.
    I think there is a way to do it without cheating.Try a big battle against a king or a spawned army and reduce battle size down to 25.You will recieve much more renown after all the battles have ended than if you did it normally.I had to use that once against the Ravenstern king or i would be annihilated and noticed that i got a lot more renown that way.
  15. Floodzilla

Nice helmet Ãbyss! :grin: Too bad i don't have the Str to use it yet.Focusing on int/cha at the moment, planing to fill in the gaps on str/agi with potions from Fineas....if i can get some qualis gems to spare.

Anyway soon after the Mystmountains, i encountered the snake army ravaging everything northeast of Pagundur.I lured them to the mountains and made my stand there.With all the rocky terrain their heavy cavalry was useless and my ebonies sitting on the edge of a very steep hill rained hell on the slithering bastards!An almost flawless victory for the Dynasty of Lord Vaseline!

snakes.jpg

Now to figure out what i am going to do with those 95 Empire knights i rescued!Oh the possibilities!

16. Floodzilla

Yes, and would be nice not to delete part of it so we know what you did  :razz:
    Here's some more screenies....

ebonies.jpg

And here's another achi by the dreaded Lord Vaseline!They say that in the Middle Ages during times of war it was the peasants that got the worst of it, either from armies or bandits.
    achi2.jpg
  17. Floodzilla

Found something that couls possibly be a bug.Normally you can ask one of your stewards to recieve a baggage train once per 14 days right?
    Well in pop3 you can ask for a baggage train once per 14 days per steward!So the more castles you have the more baggage trains you can get.
  18. Floodzilla

M&B V 1.011 ONLY (ORIGINAL VERSION) - Prophesy of Pendor V 3.0 Support

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
    You can do it once, not repeatedly.  No more creating Orders of supermen.  It is also costing you 500 denars per noble recruit.
    No, Fawzia check it out, you can repeatedly pay to boost your order's str/agi and weapon skills.Right now my ebonies are boosted thrice (typo?) and have Str30 and Agi21.Just to check it out i saved and used a lot of cash on them and they went to a Str of 50!Loaded back cause i really can't afford to boost them in my current financial situation :razz:
  19. Floodzilla

Now you have played a bit...

@noosers:Yes they are a true eyecandy!Wish i could recruit the deadly bastards but that hardly seems the case.

@Nocturno:You're lucky.On my game they were 280 and growing  :???: Even their forlorn hopes ( exactly what the name states...charge them and all your hopes are gone ) were more than 60. Try to crack THAT nut.

@Fawzia:Yes, but how can we see what it takes to create most of the orders?For me only KotEG,Silvermists,Shadow legion and falcon were available.Wanted to try those Eventides because their armor looks superb (even though they are lame sadists) but i couldn't so i setled for ebonies.As they say....the devil that you know....
  20. Floodzilla

Suggestions for PoP 3+

especially the dungeons part :razz:
Back
Top Bottom