Search results for query: *

1. Sir Ownzor

B Tutorial 3D Tutorial for heraldic armors, and mini-mod for testing some of them

Awesome! :grin: Works like a charm.

Just a few clarifications on what Somebody suggested. The material sample_heraldic_XXX_banner should have EXACTLY the same BRF material settings as the original XXX material (look for it in materials.brf for reference) except for diffuse.

The material new_heraldic_XXX_banner should have a render order of 4. This setting can be found under flags. For any further reference on what the other BRF settings (except for diffuse) of this material should be like, look in any heraldic_armor_x material (also found in materials.brf).

After doing this, I encountered an additional problem: some parts of the shirt are discolored (sleeves have darker color than the torso area). I also figured out how to solve this. Delete the following line in the module_tableau_materials code:

Code:
           (cur_tableau_add_mesh_with_vertex_color, "mesh_heraldic_armor_bg", pos1, 200, 100, ":background_color"),
  2. Sir Ownzor

B Tutorial 3D Tutorial for heraldic armors, and mini-mod for testing some of them

BRF material settings for new_heraldic_XXX_banner:
    6278479993_204c400f8a_b.jpg

BRF material settings for sample_heraldic_XXX_banner:
    6279001680_e4c88df20b_b.jpg

Code:
      ("heraldic_shirt_a", 0, "sample_heraldic_shirt_a_banner", 512, 512, 0, 0, 0, 0,
      [
          (store_script_param, ":banner_mesh", 1),

(set_fixed_point_multiplier, 100),
            (store_sub, ":background_slot", ":banner_mesh", arms_meshes_begin), #banner_meshes_begin),
          (troop_get_slot, ":background_color", "trp_banner_background_color_array", ":background_slot"),
          (cur_tableau_set_background_color, ":background_color"),

(init_position, pos1),
          (cur_tableau_add_mesh_with_vertex_color, "mesh_heraldic_armor_bg", pos1, 200, 100, ":background_color"),
          (init_position, pos1),
          (position_set_x, pos1, 15),
          (position_set_y, pos1, 130),
          (cur_tableau_add_mesh, ":banner_mesh", pos1, 90, 0),
          (init_position, pos1),
          (position_set_z, pos1, 30),
          (cur_tableau_add_mesh, "mesh_tableau_mesh_heraldic_shirt_a_banner", pos1, 0, 0),
          (cur_tableau_set_camera_parameters, 0, 200, 200, 0, 100000),
          ]),

What it looks like in-game:
    6279003920_7f7ee66444_b.jpg

6279006348_c23e8889a6_b.jpg
  3. Sir Ownzor

Sorry for the double post. I followed exactly what the tutorial said on non-armor items, such as tunics and shirts. When I test them, my character's outfit has some sort of shiny metal patterns that change depending on the view angle.

Also, the banner isn't appearing on the outfit, only the banner's background color. I'm pretty sure I got the coordinates correct because I've already done this successfully on other costumes.

I don't have the screenshots yet but I will post soon. Is there something I have to adjust in the BRF editor?
  4. Sir Ownzor

Deathbytac0 said:
    Whenever I build my module it says:
    Code:
    Error: Unable to find object:tableau_mesh_heraldic_lamellar_c_banner
    ERROR: Illegal Identifier:tableau_mesh_heraldic_lamellar_c_banner
    Then, I don't know if thats the reason but, the texture shows up in the inventory but not in a scene. HELP! I even followed the heraldic armor tutorial exactly how it said!

I had the same problem as you. I just did what warmasterant suggested and it WORKED! Here it is:

warmasterant said:
    I was following your tutorial very closely but I kept getting an error regarding step 3b, and when I used build_module it would give me an error message at tableau_materials saying it had an illegal name for the "tableau_mesh_heraldic_XXX_banner" entry. After looking at your module_tableau_material.py file I noticed that it should be named "mesh_tableau_mesh_heraldic_XXX_banner" instead. I added the "mesh_" to mine and it worked, so maybe you should update that, unless I'm the only one who's had the problem.
  5. Sir Ownzor

[S] Epic Heraldry Mod for Warband

Dead for the moment. Don't worry though, this will be revived sometime in October.
  6. Sir Ownzor

yanzco said:
    is this working in warband 1.125..  and also. how can i merge this wih the Deplomacy mod..
    can anyone help me?

Current mod version has only been proven to work for v1.113 and has not yet been tested on later versions. Diplomacy mod? Maybe later. I'm still trying to figure out how to combine this with other mods.
  7. Sir Ownzor

King Yngvar said:
    I just downloaded this and saw that it came as a seperate foldered mod... Does anyone know how I can simply take the heraldry features and install them into the Diplomacy folder?

I really hate to break it to you, but you can't. I'm still yet to figure out how to combine this with other mods. I will make a tutorial when I figure out how to.
  8. Sir Ownzor

I did not expect that there are actually people who think this is a good idea. I have done some progress with more clothing, plus I will follow as much as your suggestions as I can.

However, since I will be going to a very strict architecture college, I will barely have time to continue working on the mod. Please bear with me and expect some delay.

Thank you for your support.
  9. Sir Ownzor

Poll added:  "Do you want this to be a standalone mod or a Native-compatible minimod?"

Please vote!
  10. Sir Ownzor

Which material settings / shader should I use?

Yeah I meant heraldry, and yeah I did add some code. Here's what I added:

Code:
    ["heraldic_shirt", "Heraldic Shirt", [("heraldic_shirt",0)], itp_merchandise| itp_type_body_armor  |itp_covers_legs|itp_civilian ,0,
     3 , weight(1)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(5)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(0) ,imodbits_cloth ,
     [(ti_on_init_item, [(store_trigger_param_1, ":agent_no"),(store_trigger_param_2, ":troop_no"),(call_script, "script_shield_item_set_custom_banner", "tableau_costumes1_banner", ":agent_no", ":troop_no")])]],
  11. Sir Ownzor

Which material settings / shader should I use?

I'm modding the Warband shirt to make it display the banner. Ingame, it looks semi-transparent if anti-aliasing is on. Here are the material settings as shown in OpenBRF: Shader: simple_shader_no_mip DiffuseA: new_costumes1_banner DiffuseB: none Bump: none Enviro: none Specular: none SpecRGB...
  12. Sir Ownzor

Screenshots from v0.72. I apologize for the late post.

Click on the Spoilers to view.

4684758135_35f86bef9a_b.jpg
    4684759957_f634937059_b.jpg
    4685395476_b7f50c3ce3_b.jpg
  13. Sir Ownzor

God Hates The World

Tried looking up my own country.

"God Hates The Philippines. The age at which this perverted nation has thrust their children into sexual impurity, giving consent to fornicate, is 12. These godless parents promoted this abominable practice and now are trying to raise it to the age of 16. What really is the difference? If you do not teach and demand obedience to the Scriptures, they will still pursue every lust without your stupid 'consent.'"

Major WTF moment. :roll:

Not even true, even for the most liberal parents I know.
  14. Sir Ownzor

[B] OSP Warband Item Variants 1.6 RELEASED (New Screens)

[Suggestion] Heraldic tunics, heraldic leather armor, heraldic gambesons and heraldic Sarranid items. My mod needs them badly. By heraldic, I mean displaying the lord's banner.

Many thanks in advance.
  15. Sir Ownzor

New version (0.72) released. Tell me which heraldic items should be removed and I will remove them in the next release.

VERY IMPORTANT: v0.72 should be played with anti-aliasing set to OFF, otherwise some of the new items will appear transparent. If anyone can tell me what causes this and how to fix this, your help will be greatly appreciated.
  16. Sir Ownzor

Heraldic clothes appearing translucent

I took the tableau mesh from another mod (Fire Arrow v0.74) then put it into Warband. Did a little coding too (followed Jik's tutorial). I didn't change anything in the .dds's and .brf's.

I also tried transferring the shirt itself from that mod into Warband. Didn't work.

Only works properly when I turn off anti-aliasing, and it looks normal without the transparency, just the way it should.
  17. Sir Ownzor

Wait a minute. If I turn anti-aliasing off, it doesn't look transparent anymore. I turn it on again, it's transparent again.

Weird. :???:
  18. Sir Ownzor

How do I find out about how the material settings look like?
  19. Sir Ownzor

Give me a couple of minutes...

EDIT: Here.

4665833964_a221851d42_b.jpg

4665210671_71e81214d2_b.jpg
  20. Sir Ownzor

I'm modding the shirt from Warband. I mean, I can see it displaying my banner's colors, but it's translucent, meaning that I can see right through it. What am I doing wrong?
Back
Top Bottom