Search results for query: *

1. Vaanshir

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

MadVader said:
    Deathwhisper said:
    I lost my pendor king helm after having lost a battle with a small heretic party (I was travelling alone like an idiot), but managed to defeat them alone later. However, I did not get my helm back. Is there a way to acquire it again? (even by cheating)
    You should be able to re-loot all of your lost items if you defeated the exact same party that stole them from you. People sometimes misidentify the party to beat.
    It is also possible (not sure about this) that you can get your stuff back only from the last party that defeated you. If you enjoyed a series of defeats, only the stuff stolen in the last defeat can be recovered.
    TBH I have never seen this work. And this is going STRAIGHT BACK AT THEIR FACES WHEN I ESCAPE!!! Too...
  2. Vaanshir

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Borge_AU said:
    spartan012 said:
    Microcosm said:
    This mod looks is great amazing! ......... \\Foams at the mouth in ecstasy\\
  3. Vaanshir

hey guys few strategic questions :)

deimoss said:
    You can take a castle relatively easily if you attack it right before it has changed its owner, before the new lord can stack troops in it.

The problem is holding it against the 1.500-2.000 troops that come to take it back. You also need some right to rule in order to be able to obtain peace, I don't know how much though.
    Not sure about that last bit....

60 days in I took a castle that Sarleon had taken from the Empire. I was able to become KING straight away, Sarleon sue'd for Peace moments later, and that was the first moment that I gained RtR points. It was odd...
  4. Vaanshir

Sieges still as much as a mass grouping as they have always been?

My Only method of taking Castles....

Step 1: Send EVERYONE backwards out of range of arrows or so.

Step 2: SPRINT LIKE A MAD MAN ALONE TO THE BASE OF THEIR WALLS!!!

Step 3: Dance in and out of cover as you Pick off their Archers 1 by 1.

Step 4: When a good percent of their archers are dead, move own archers forward. Have them hold fire and fire at will a few times to fill the area round the front of the breach with arrows and maybe pick off a few men/shields/missed archers.

Step 5: Climb to top of Ladder but do not enter frey, dance back and forth teasing defenders to open their guard, Snipe Heads. When low on arrows, collect from the wall where your archers had sent their own supply for you to collect when needed...

Step 6: ???

Step 7: Enjoy your new Castle that you personally took all by your self... ^_^
  5. Vaanshir

Nexus is a great place for Mods; Skyrim, Mount and Blade, Fallout and a few others, I don't see any ANY negatives to not registering...
  6. Vaanshir

WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

I just got an unknown no reason Crash, 3.5
    Its odd cause it never did this before during testing but when I tried to enter a fight it stalled and crashed. Testing to see if its constant or not...
  7. Vaanshir

Wait... Your all Americans right, fastest net in the world... BWAHAHAHAH
    I am Aussie, Slowest net, and I am nearly done... ^_^
  8. Vaanshir

WOOT ITS UP!!!
    Now I don't have to worry about Treebeard spamming me with Test Updates for a while....

"You have one new Message"
    DAMN IT!!!
  9. Vaanshir

Your early game.

Wuzgar said:
    I've always wondered what's the point buying all those businesses, the highest amount of money I've seen they made was around 1k (1,5k with raw silk and dyes provided), mostly around 300-600 denars per week. So even if you have 20 of them rolling at let's say average 500 income that's that's only 10k a week. You can just do 1 tournament per 2 weeks and break even. Hardly worth it for 100-200k initial capital if you ask me
    Lets look at this example.

Your army costs you 10k a week to field.

Either you spend your time going to Tournies or playing merchant to just pay for that alone.

OR

You have businesses that get you 10k a week making it balance out and you can spend more time on the battlefield instead of in the marketplace...
  10. Vaanshir

Your early game.

ms_ts_2007 said:
    Vaanshir, you mean to say that doing arenas is more profitable vis-a-vis XP and Denars than soloing small bands of high level inf/knight ?

I can see tournaments being a better cash-flow resource, and they are, but arenas ?
    Normal Method.
    Spend a few days looking for Bandits that you can kill solo. Rinse and repeat every now and then, time taken can range from a week or so to even more with a medium profit margin per day... Approx 18-66exp per bandit killed with medium to high risk... Heaps more verse High leveled Knight but HIGH to DANGEROUS Risk levels...

Arena Method.
    Going to a Town and grinding in the arena, NEVER consumes any time, no chance of losing money to failing or even reloading if you savescum (guilty).
    One hit kill to nearly all foes or two hit if SnS or Staff. Train skills quickly, gain 4-24exp per kill at a high rate. LOW LOW LOW Risk. Enter and Exit arena and matches if weapon choice is not preferable. Killing at least 15 gives you 500D and 50Exp all the time. Being last man standing is 2000D and 200Exp. Like I said consumes no time except for moving to next town to buy Land. Have a Property in every city before the first week or so...

No Renown gain (afaik) but profitable.

Can be level 10 before the second day.

The only time consumed is your own, but your already playing the game so why the hell not...

Shadow-Seeker said:
    Jobs for the city guildmaster are more profitable than the arena. Just go to tournaments.
    You need 100 Renown to enter a Tourny. Without it you can't enter. Jobs have a medium to high risk depending on the job given which can be easy to hard at random...
  11. Vaanshir

Your early game.

I travel from town to town fighting in the arena over and over again until I have enough cash for some land there for the most profitable business. I can easily find myself at level 10 or so on the 3rd day after getting at least 3-4 towns ready for production in a weeks time...
  12. Vaanshir

Treebeard said:
    Vaanshir said:
    Hey guys, Long time since I posted here let along play PoP. Took a long break from M&B:W...

I had been getting that itch again and wanted to get playing PoP once more, but I look into this thread and I see posts about Update, Update, Update INCOMING. And other things...

So tell me please...

1: Is it worth me downgrading (see downloading) back down to 1.143. Damn steam and their Autoupdates.
    2: Is it coming out any time soon that downloading the 500+Mb mod worth the 3+hrs It would take???

Just a general yes or no would suffice, no details needed...

1. It is fully 1.153 compatible with all known issues (like some sound issues) fixed.
    2. ETA is currently about two weeks give or take a few days.
    3. It will also be at moddb (where PoP3.42 also can be found) so download time will be much faster. The size of 3.5 will be significantly larger than 3.42 due to new sound file format (flac) and new resources (many new music tracks for example, plus new graphics, etc).
    As always Treebeard. You don't take the simple way out... Thanks for the info though, I tried to go back but I got lost in trying to find relevant info...
  13. Vaanshir

Hey guys, Long time since I posted here let along play PoP. Took a long break from M&B:W...

I had been getting that itch again and wanted to get playing PoP once more, but I look into this thread and I see posts about Update, Update, Update INCOMING. And other things...

So tell me please...

1: Is it worth me downgrading (see downloading) back down to 1.143. Damn steam and their Autoupdates.
    2: Is it coming out any time soon that downloading the 500+Mb mod worth the 3+hrs It would take???

Just a general yes or no would suffice, no details needed...
  14. Vaanshir

Is the DeathCam broken in 3.411?

I have moments when turning my mouse left would have me roll over and over again vertically. Then when I finally get back control I have to move my mouse across the desk to turn only 2 degrees. WITH the risk of it doing the deathroll again. So hard to watch a battle...
  15. Vaanshir

I swear there was a brokensword in one of them...
  16. Vaanshir

I have forgotten, in Character creation, which choice gave the broken two handed sword???
  17. Vaanshir

How does the Kingdom of Pendor army Play?

AxeMaster3 said:
    No. I start with the tavern nobles and build an adventure company. I like hero adventurers. The good news for that style of play is they level up pretty fast. Use it as a test game and post your results when you are done.
    TBH I never thought of doing it like that... Pendor troops that I raise from Farmers/Town Milita and Recruitables via Taverns only...
  18. Vaanshir

AxeMaster3 said:
    Even if I put that restriction on myself, I would still rescue everyone. Just transfer the released prisoners to another. Beef up your militia patrols and knight partys with them. Put the farmers in your garrison for low wages because the A.I. only sees numbers, not strength. Then roll out and destroy everything --Pendor style.
    Then you ain't playing the restriction are you... And I am talking about from the get go, day 1.
  19. Vaanshir

I like playing with this self forced restriction of ONLY using Pendor troops. Thats no recruting anything other then Pendor units, That means Farmers from rescues... Sometimes I allow things such as Barclay and stuff but only when I am thinking bout taking a castle. SO HARD...
  20. Vaanshir

Character Development

Though, is there a way to raise the rewards for quests??? 300 Denar in taking Cattle from Ravenstern to Cez is just not worth it...
Back
Top Bottom