Search results for query: *

1. AMD GPU settings for bannerlord

5600X, RX6800, 16GB RAM, SSD, 1440p 144hz
    thank you!
  2. AMD GPU settings for bannerlord

I had lag/stutter, then I maxed the FPS limiter and now it runs great.
    What's your computer spec if you wouldnt mind
  3. AMD GPU settings for bannerlord

have you turned on dlss on the 3070? maybe that was increasing the fps for you. it's hard to imagine the 3070 reaching to 144fps steady on 1440p in dense battles without dlss on highest settings.

i would recommend lowering the fps cap to 100-120. alternatively you could try turning off bloom, film grain, shadows and/or decrease number of corpses/ragdolls.
    thx, it seem the amd 7840hs I m using is the issue... the game does not support it well. the 12700h I tested works fine
  4. Need More Info Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements

Hey, could you check if this issue still happening on 1.2.1 beta version of the game as well?
    I can confirm that my laptop 12700h is able to run the setup smoothly when connect with 6950xt. Can you help me narrow down what the issue is?
  5. Need More Info Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements

I ve pretty much narrowed the issue to cpu/ram. I m using the laptop version AMD cpu 7840hs. It scored over 2600 in geekbench and similar to 12700k in userbench. In bannerlord benchmark however I see that my cpu fps is way lower than the GPU fps. I used hwmonitor and made sure that the cpu is used 32% max and ~15% average.
    Is this cpu too new and the game doesnt support it yet?
  6. Need More Info Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements

Hey, could you check if this issue still happening on 1.2.1 beta version of the game as well?
    please hlep
  7. AMD GPU settings for bannerlord

Hi, I used to have a gtx3070 and can get a pretty steady 2k 144 performance in the v1.8 era. Recently I came back to the game, but switched to full team red (6950xt), but I m getting worse framerates. Any suggestions on how to tune the adrenalin app or which driver version works the best with...
  8. Need More Info Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements

update: I m able to fix the audio issue by setting the audio output in win11 sound setting from 32bits to 16bits. Probably the developers should take note of that!
    However, this does not provide any fix to framerates, and the low cpu, gpu, ram usage issue still occurs.
  9. Need More Info Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements

Hi I just read the beta notes and opt into 1.2.1 however nothing changed. And I m not seeing a lot of posts for this so it might be an odd one /:

Some additional information for debugging: I frequently have sluggish-glitching audio in Bannerlord for this pc, and almost always when the graphics lags my audio lags too, especially when I m in towns. I have tried: 1. turning off every sound settings , setting master sound to 0, 2. tried all sound channels, 3. unplugged my external audio card and use system audio devices. But they all do nothing.

Another thing that might caused issue is that I removed the shader cache in the programdata folder as required by a mod. I saw other posts claiming that this would solve some graphical issues so I thought what s the harm. Dont know if its related. If so, how do I fix the shader cache? I can see the .sack big shader cache file but I cant unpack it.

I dont see much amd users in this forum. Best settings for highend amd cards?
  10. Need More Info Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements

let me check.... I dont see 1.2.1 in my steamm, just 1.2.0
  11. Need More Info Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements

Summary: Low fps but low gpu, cpu, ram usage. especially in settlements How to Reproduce: on version 1.1.4 Have you used cheats and if so which: Scene Name (if related): tested khuzait and battanian cities Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: win 11 GPU: amd 6950xt GPU Driver...
  12. Can someone explain how arrow damage works?

@Bannerman Man can you read the code and see if I read it wrong?
  13. Can someone explain how arrow damage works?

Also, headshots doesnt seem to be the factor.... body shots are also higher for pierce (60~) than blunt(45~) for armorless looters.
  14. Can someone explain how arrow damage works?

Thanks man, that is really helpful.
    However, maybe I m wrong at reading the code, but if bluntDamageFactorByDamageType is 1 for blunt weapons(which make sense), then I don't see a case that other damage types can have higher resulting damage than blunt if the weapon stats are the same.
    In fact, if armorEffectiveness is roughly 0(like for a looter), then num should be the same for blunt/pierce/cut according to the code.
    In my case steppe arrows have 2 pierce while blunt arrows have 2 blunt
  15. Can someone explain how arrow damage works?

From what I can tell, different types of arrows will do more or less damage based on the enemy armor type. So to your question - if they have high armor then pierce should do less damage than blunt since blunt damage ignores most armor reduction. It's interesting though because arrows have damage values between 1 - 4 so you wouldn't think they would change much between each arrow type. I'll have to do some testing specifically for this to confirm though. I'll have the crossbow perks guide ready by tomorrow and there are some headshot data in there from the perk!
    OMG isnt that strat himself! I m such a big fan of your video series! Especially the speed run!
    BTW, I am now addicted the mod Bannerlord online... you ever tried it out? I found this strange behavior of blunt arrows in that mod as well.
  16. Can someone explain how arrow damage works?

Depends on the armor value of the helmet. The lower the armor value is the more damage pierce does and vice verca with blunt.

You should make a test with different armor values and see where the breakpoint is and how much it jumps in damage between the two types of damage.
    Damn it someone do the test for me HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  17. Can someone explain how arrow damage works?

Here is a good video that talks about everything ranged made by @Strat
    I doesn't talk about blunt arrows since they are not acquired normally in the game but it covers a wide spectrum of all things ranged

Yeah I finished every single video in his channel hhhh. They are gold. However, my question remains in damage types and armor stuff. does piece do more damage in headshots? lol
Back
Top Bottom