Possible to mod?

Here's how the prussians would look, as you see very colorfull,

uniforms_of_prussian_infantry_1806.jpg
  2. Gunfreak

Favourite Napoleonic Uniform?

It's hard to choose.

Top 5

French 7th Hussars
    French Legere Chassures the early period ones, with huge green plumes.
    British Highlander
    Russian post 1812 Grenadiers
    British Rifle uniform.
  3. Gunfreak

Possible to mod?

Yes, I'm just talking about 1805-1807 period uniforms for Napoleonic Wars, no single player ect. just new uniform models and skins.
  4. Gunfreak

Possible to mod?

Would it be possible to mod a 1805 version of the game. There woldn't be any new coding, just new models and skins. French would have a longer coat, and bicorne hat, Austrian infantry would have helmets The russians would have diffrent shakoes, diffrent coat. The prussians would be the...
  5. Gunfreak

British unit missing!

The british stoped using all grenadier battalions before the war, during the AWI, you did have elite grenadier units, this was battalions made of up sevral grenadier companies from diffrent regiments.

They stoped that, infact the british have kinda boring uniforms, except for highlanders, and rifles, it's all the same, the fusiliers stoped using the bearcap, and used regular shakoes, only thing that made them diffrent from other regiments were they had shoulder wings, like the light regiments.

Kinda boring, even cav is kinda boring, light dragoons used to have cool uniforms, then after 1812, they got boring ones like the ones in the game, heavy draggons also have prety conservative uniforms compeard to the heavy cav of other countires.

Only thing the british have for them is that redcoats are and always will be freaking awesome.
  6. Gunfreak

Linebattles are now melee fests?

rejenorst said:
    Apparently it wasn't uncommon for Russian regiments to turn up a little tipsy for battle, this resulted in the French claiming their volleys were mostly inaccurate under the influence of alcohol but their melee's packed a punch. Dutch courage anyone?

might also have something to do with that the russians had aperantly the worst muskets in Europe, it got better later on, but they were not of good quality acording to anybody that saw them back then,

There is also the fact that the russian soldier got only 4!!! live rounds to train with a year, the rest of the years was simple loading drills, Kutuzov said, the bullet is for the idiot, the winner use the bayonet.
  7. Gunfreak

15ème Régiment d'Infanterie Légère [English Speaking]

I'd like to join up, fight for the empire and the emporer
  8. Gunfreak

British unit missing!

If Britian is missing a unit, it's the 1st KGL hussars,
  9. Gunfreak

Canister Over-Powered?

12pdrs could actualy start using canister at 600 Yards atlesst that's what the handbook said back then, I doub't any propper gunner would use it at that range, but even at 400 yards canister could do alot of damage, so it's not really a "point blank weapons" ofcourse at point blank thats when it did it's most horrible effects, but still 400 yards is a good 4 times the avrage distance of a good musketshot.
  10. Gunfreak

Question about french cav

I'm actualy not that happy with the french cav, except for the hussars og Cuirassiers, all the french cav is rare elite units.

While the currasiers could have as many as 13 or more regiments, there were only two regiments of carabiners, I don't see the reason for having them there, they are basicly cuirassiers with brass colored armor instead of steel colored.

Then you have polish lancers, empress dragoons and grenadiers a cheval, do we really need 4 elite special units for cav.

Why ampress dragoons, why not normal dragoons, and what about chassurs a cheval, those and dragoons were the real workhorses of the french cav. Much cooler playing a cav unit that actualy did lots of stuff over 15 years, instead of protected and pamperd guard units.
  11. Gunfreak

Old thread (locked)

The industrial north east was just as "developed" as England when it came to technolocy.
    The industrial capasity of New York alone was many times that of the enitre south. The north east was easly on par with England and the rest of europe.
    But then, this game isn't set in the north east, but south west,
  12. Gunfreak

Old thread (locked)

SacredDutchman said:
    ...this mod shall be released on the 1st day of the 13th month in the year of the shaven weazel...

I HAVE SPOKEN  ! ! !

Hey, thats my birthday, what luck
  13. Gunfreak

SP Musket Era Liberty or Death

olliewilliams01 said:
    General Darius said:
    Dain Ironfoot said:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_ss6dhL-uXM

Quite a lot of innovations in that war really.. a lot of them were forgotten about.

so simply put i was correct and yes it was a nice innovation and from what i saw in the vid i really feel a skill which speeds up shooting speed would be good

BUT make having no skill in it make you load VERY slowly

0 skill= 1 shot every min and a half
    1 skill =1 shot every min and a quater
    2 skill = 1 shot eveyr min
    3 skill= 1 shot every 45 seconds
    4 skill= 1 shot every 30 seconds (or 2 per min)
    5 skill = 1 shot every 25 seconds
    6 skill= 1 shot every 20 seconds (3 per min)
    7 skill = 1 shot every 15 seconds (4 per min)
    8 skill = perhaps adds accuracy instead of speed since 4 shots per min is impressive
    9 skill=  again increase in accuracy
    10 skill= perhaps more damage to represent a better aim at body parts (maybe 10% more damage)

sorry, but thats way too slow. im pretty sure even inexperienced musketmen could get off three or four shots a minute if i remember right. And even if what you say is historically accurate, the combat would be paced way too slowly to be fun. i think it should be one shot every, idk, 25 seconds to start, and each skill point that you go up takes off one second.

Eh no, 2 shots a minute would be the norm i combat for most of the period 1750-1815, realy good units could do 3 a minute, 1 beeing normal for low quality troops
  14. Gunfreak

I hate to agree with Dain, but he is totaly right,

Nothing is correct in the movie, The fact that the SS invented a time machine, dressed up in redcoats and tried to stop the americans from joining WW2 by stopping america from beeing a country, or the fact that the uniforms where totaly woring, the battles were worng, and to big for the ones they tried to show, to the fact that they used the wroing military words ect. I could go on for like two hours
  15. Gunfreak

Amman de Stazia said:
    re damage/calibre

what I did with my firearm modding was make pistols blunt damage - otherwise you never take any prisoners - and longarms piercing.  That pretty much adjusts the inflicted damage to pistol = 65% of same bore musket.  Rifles I made slightly more damaging, after all, a rifle bullet with its higher velocity would be more damaging, all else being equal.

Actualy not much would do more damige then a ball from a smothbore musket at close range, a ball from a brown bess would take of your leg. something a rifle wouldn't do, but at longer range the velosity of the rifle ball would do more damige, at close range the size and weight of the ball has more to say then the speed.

Same goes for the 9mm and .45 today.
    the .45 is alot slower but the share size of it makes up for it
  16. Gunfreak

SP Musket Era XVII - well ****

cool_guy said:
    Dain Ironfoot said:
    One thing, if it's a flintlock, where's the flint? :razz: Are matchlocks not more prevalent in this era?

yes, it's a flintlock, i think these are actually more common that matchlocks these days.
    do you mean the actual piece of flint on the... curvy thing? I modeled the musket itself to one pic, and the flintlock i modeled to another pic of a later-era musket.

honestly, i understand what happens with the flintlock when it fires, but i don't understand the actual mechanism, which is why my musket looks pretty shabby at the flintlock. i think i'll do some research and fine-tune the musket and flintlock

matchlocks were commen untill the 1700s the Landpatern musket was the first britsh weapon to use flinklock and it didn't show up until 1720

in the 1600s the matchlock would be the norm, with some wheel lock for cavalry.

and you have acutaly modeld a matchlock and not flintlock
  17. Gunfreak

SP Musket Era XVII - well ****

yes. matchlock would be the right.

but the model shows a matchlock so it's ok
  18. Gunfreak

MP Musket Era The Peninsular War - Napoleonic Warband mod - scene editors needed

Because  rapiers, halberds, pikes and bills were long gone by this time

the closest thing you got is spontoon, used by british sergeants
  19. Gunfreak

SP Musket Era 30 Years War Mod

by the 30years war, the matchlock musket would have been the norm in europe not the Arquebus
  20. Gunfreak

Mount & Blade 1799

you allready have two mods about the same period,

one about the peninsular war and one about the waterloo campaign,

yes they are both 10 to 16 years after after this mod would have been, but it's basicly the same gameplay
Back
Top Bottom