Search results for query: *

1. Please remove Khuzait and Vlandia

Well, aren't we special.You know there are people playing those factions and plenty of people beat the game playing against them too, proving that they can in fact be dealt with?

What the hell have you been doing with those 2600 hours? fighting looters?

I have 2 vanilla saves started in January and in neither of them those factions are even an issue... In one I play as Vlandia and they are getting held back by bad AI decisions, can't even push Battanians. In the other they are not even half as strong as Aserai or Battanians (boosted by me so understandable, I lock up countless enemy lords while friendly armies rack up the fiefs). And Khuzait are only just average in both saves, even though I have not been fighting them.
  2. Blurry DLSS

Ah that makes sense. I did try Bannelord with updated DLSS dll a while ago but right now I do have the default dll. I do agree it would be nice if they would update the dll and add the NIS sharpening, should take very little effort.
  3. Blurry DLSS

Interesting because for me DLSS does apply sharpening in Bannerlord, even feels like too much sometimes. But then it also does feel soft in some ways but I think that is normal DLSS thing.

And that's with in game sharpening slider on 0, going higher makes some things very ugly and distracting and brings shimmering back with a vengeance for vegetation and stuff.

Did you disable AA when enabling DLSS? I think the game doesn't automatically do it.

Overall DLSS quality is a much better experience than native 4k in my opinion, I tried all the AA options + sharpening from 0 to 100. I'm talking about actually playing the game though, screenshots don't capture shimmering and other artifacts when things are in motion and DLSS cleans that up better than anything else.
  4. Circling 1v1 melee autowin exploit (video)

Doesn't work against an npc named Tados, even if it did have fun with him hitting you for 30+ every time and you doing legit max 18 dmg against him.

If true they need to use his AI on the other troops then. But I am doubtful, I haven't seen a NPC it doesn't work against and could swear I've killed Tados.

This isn't currently in the list of known issues but it really needs to be :sad:

P L E A S E
  5. Resolved Keyboard and mouse not working in bannerlord while running Remote Desktop

Have you tried Parsec?

Free and works better than most other streaming solutions. I've had no reason to leave home with my laptop lately so I haven't tried it, but I don't see why there should be any issue.
  6. SP - General Warband's Missing Features Megathread

I am totally fine with early middle ages and no plate armor and hope vanilla stays that way (I'll be happy to play with plate armor again in mods).
  7. AI is a joke...

Yeah this is broken and ruins melee. I just fired up Warband and it's clearly very different and broken in Bannerlords. In Warband the AI keeps up.
  8. Looters can't miss

Oh yeah I noticed that too. Much harder to solo them so I let my companions distract them in horse archer mode while I go slice or shoot them up. But it is a bit much and they are killing too many horses with those rocks now.
  9. Forest Bandit Hideouts way unbalanced!

The key when playing on realistic is really is to take it slow and use the terrain to create choke points and such, typically place your troops well and then go aggro the bandits on your own (with a ranged weapon, don't try to outrun them) and bring them to the death trap you prepared earlier. I am only playing with companions at the moment though (5 of them, decently geared) so I don't have the issue of getting weak troops in there which would indeed suck and needs to be fixed.

I actually really like those new hideouts overall compared to Warband. But yeah forest and steppe bandits should probably have a bit more diversity in their troops and not be like 100% archers. Or if they are to be archers at least make them weak archers, armour isn't as strong as in Warband era.
  10. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

I've got news: I've just upgraded my GPU to a kepler (GTX 670) and... Warband is playable again with max settings and a lot of players/bots. Sure I'm happy but I think it's sad too, it's not like a card such as my GTX 275 lacked power for this game, after all it ran fine some time ago. But well, driver support for older cards always keeps getting worse and I guess this game is a prime example.

I get no stuttering anymore on native and I only get some stuttering on NW with a HUGE amount of bots (like 400) even though my framerate is in the 40-50s.
    But I'm guessing everyone gets this and this is what nvidia was talking about when they replied to me.

Oh and before I forget, while the stuttering is gone I can't say my framerate has changed much. The improvements are barely noticeable in native and somewhat decent in NW when there's a lot of smoke etc.
    So I was already being CPU limited with my GTX 275, that's how demanding on the GPU this game is :p (and how buggy the drivers are)

(got an overclocked i5 2500k as a CPU if I didn't mention that before)
  11. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

Well... here's nvidia's answer:

"Hello,

Our lab was able to replicate the stuttering issue but we see the same stuttering when 260.99 as well. We even tested with AMD/ATI GPU and see the same stuttering. Either we're not seeing the issue you're reporting or we're using a different version of the game. To confirm, you don't see this stuttering when you go back to 260.99?

Best regards,
    Ray"

I haven't rolled back my drivers in a long time (and tbh I can't be bothered messing up all my custom settings, custom resolutions etc) so I may be wrong about 260.99 being the last non faulty drivers (maybe it was 258.96 and those before that were fine?) but they say they see the stuttering on AMD/ATI GPUs as well, wtf is this? They must be talking about a different issue... or M&B players are all noobs that have been playing a stuttering game for 2 years or so? No, I obviously don't believe that.

And I have seen the game running smoothly on my mates PC recently (oddly enough he has a nvidia 560 and the latest drivers and the same CPU/MOBO/RAM/PSU/OS/Monitor etc as me)
  12. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

Nvidia has replied to my email (for the first time) so I sent them more details and explanations on how to reproduce the issue. It's a start at least (they never replied to my previous messages).
  13. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

That's exactly what I meant, it is a software bug be it the game or the GPU drivers (the most likely in this case).
  14. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

Come to think of it this is probably the best proof that this is a bug and not a hardware performance issue. I can basically record a 60fps vid that looks butter smooth (thanks to my beefy CPU) but the game remains unplayable.
  15. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

Yes when Frapsing the problem becomes less noticeable (but its still there) and most importantly the recorded video is butter smooth. Otherwise I would gladly upload a recording (don't have a camera to record my screen sadly).
  16. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

Just did (but I had done it before too)

Posted on their forum too.
  17. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

marovich387 said:
    Have you heard back from the Admin@TW or the Devs at all? I have not. Just wondering if you anything I don't.....

No, haven't managed to get an answer from nvidia (contacted them through the site and on different forum threads, including the beta drivers one where they are actively reading all the posts and replying to most of them, but not mines somehow...)
  18. Napoleonic Wars and Warband stuttering...

I just did some more testing in dx7 and tbh it's just as unplayable as dx9 once there starts to be a good number of units (its more playable than dx9 in small battles or in the original Warband however). It even freezes for like a whole second every now and then. Low or high settings don't make any difference.

What's weird is that my mates pc next to me with a gtx 560 (same CPU/RAM/mobo etc.) and the same drivers is perfectly playable in dx9. Sure his card is better than my gtx 275 but this is clearly not the problem. A driver/game bug.

So no, I can't play NW at all (but the original Warband in dx7 is sort of playable).
  19. Frame skip graphics problem

I don't buy a decent computer to play Warband at 30fps sorry. I have already tried a 60fps cap/vsync/prerendered frames/etc but it only makes the issue a little bit less noticeable (maybe).
  20. Frame skip graphics problem

Different issue then. What are your specs exactly? What other games do you play that work fine? (apart from the original m&b)
Back
Top Bottom