Search results for query: *

1. Everybody hates Jarl Farn

Update after approximately 6 months of captivity I became a vassal after buying all the enterprises and seemingly released him, got no ransom and if he escaped I didn't get notified he was just suddenly gone one day. Irony is a few days after I noticed he was missing he got taken captive by the Swadians so he had maybe a week or two of freedom before being thrown in a different cell.
  2. What Are Your Warband Records?

Not too impressive but I got a 12 point crossbow shot (on a PS4 so controller makes it a bit more impressive) but it was brilliant, fired at a cavalry guy and just missed and a couple of seconds later got the trophy pop up once the guy infront was down I looked and the only enemies in that direction were newly spawned enemy reinforcements half the map and on the other side of some trees, poor guy I hit had awful luck.
  3. Everybody hates Jarl Farn

So the story is I captured Jarl Farn and another Jarl in the same battle (first time capturing 2 at once) after a few in game days a ransom offer for second Jarl appears I sell him back nothing for Farn though. Keep going and my merc contract with swadia expires I renew (could become a lord now...
  4. Surrender or die! (?)

Cpt. Nemo said:
    You'll be happy to know that the developers have said the ai will follow the same rules as the player in Bannerlord, and things like surrendering to an overwhelming force will be possible, in addition to heavy losses meaning something to the ai. Unfortunately, I doubt they will be making such changes to Warband.

Great only have to wait till it releases on PC then wait a few more years for it to come to consoles. Can hardly wait  :mrgreen:
  5. Can these things be changed for the campaign map?

Best when your besieging an enemy city or castle and you get the message about a feast being held and your army just ups and leaves on the spot.
  6. What do you think is the best way to set up your army?

My set up at the moment is infantry a mix of Rhodok sergeants and Nord Huscarl's make them stand closer a few times and most cavalry charges get bogged down almost imedately and the Nords start slaughtering things and the Rhodoks ensure I have an awful lot of prisoners after the battle.

For my ranged force I use Rhodok sharpshooters, their huge shields are great and since I am using a crossbow build to keep my skill point investment in combat low having a source of bolts about it very handy.

Cavalry I go with Khergit lancers early game and Swadian knights or Sarranid Mamelukes later game when my finances are a bit better.
  7. Funny Stories

So started a new game a while ago and decided to go the route of taking over Calradia by building a huge business empire, started with the Rhodoks and went around doing merc work and jobs for guild masters and eventually took a merc contract to help lower costs till I could afford enterprises built enterprises in all the Rhodok cities (Jelkala is annoyingly unprofitable dyeworks make a huge loss everything else makes small gains or losses) moved over to Nord lands did the same and eventually built enterprises in all their cities. Moved to Swadia and this is where things started to fall apart, the Swadians have lost all but Suno and Tihr (took from nords early) to the Rhodoks and Nords so assumed I would only be with them a month before building my enterprises and moving on.

They were at war with the Khergits when I joined but within days they declared war on the Nords and the Rhodoks declared war on the Swadians so now I am merc for a faction with only 2 cites a couple of castles and who are under attack by 3 armies on a regular basis and I am currently stuck in and around Tihr because the city is surrounded by Nord castles and Sargoth to the north so everytime I get too far I run into a huge nord army and I am forced to play hide and seek trying to isolate the weaker enemies, meanwhile Swadian lords are deserting in their droves and King Halarus hates me with a passion because fighting for the Nords and Rhodoks I took one of his castles took Uxkhal myself and helped in taking Dhirim a couple of times and personally smashed his army at least 3 times and captured him and ransomed him once, most of the remaining swadian lords are either mooching around with small armies or captured so its pretty much just me and Halarus fighting 3 wars and because I am trapped in Tihr I don't have access to a ransom broker who is one of my highest forms of income at the moment. The only mission he keeps offering me is to make peace with the Rhodoks by implicating one of their lords as a traitor which would involve sacrificing a Huscarl and somehow sneaking past about 6 enemy cities countless villages and castles an praying I don't get trapped in the mountains surrounding Jelkala, keep declining it and my rep with him is nearly -20 so starting to get worried I am somehow going to end up fighting the Nords Rhodoks Khergits and Halarus lol.
  8. Surrender or die! (?)

Yup especially when its like the situation you described when they are the last member of a faction and have no fiefs but refuse to join someone else or just leave. Wiped out Swadia in an early game and everyone but Count Haringoth either joined another faction or left but he persisted and I kept getting messages "enemy patrols spotted near Uxkhal even though I wasn't at war. Eventually hunted the patrol down and it was count Haringoth on his own. 100+ vs one. Knocked him out he escaped (only logical explanation is he got knocked out and my troops argued so long as to who had to carry him that he woke up and wandered off) eventually took him captive took him prisoner but there is no one to ransom him so he has been sat in a prison tower for months. I assume he will eventually escape and take up his one man siege again.
  9. Surrender or die! (?)

Similar it is far too easy for enemy lords to escape. If your army gets beaten you are taken prisoner yet enemy lords seem to get a very high chance of escaping. Fair enough if they retreat but you can knock one out right in your front line's drive his army off with your army holding position around the unconscious lord and he apparently sleepwalks to freedom 9/10.
  10. Funny Stories

I was defending a seige at the weekend roughly 160 mostly rhodoks with a few scrub troops thrown in for numbers vs 600 sarranids and my crossbow men were awesome as always but what really won us the battle was a sarranid mameluke stopped pretty much at the top of the ladder where non of my crossbow men seemed to have a shot and he just stood there, troups coming up the other edge of the ladder were ok but obviously in single file (heavy military hammer to the head FTW)those coming up behind him however kept falling off and returning to the bottom of the ladder. Not only did this give us an advantage of only facing 1 enemy at a time but eventually as more wounded troops started coming up that side they started dying when they fell off. I must have got about 50 kills in that fight just from braining people at the top of the ladder about the same from crossbows but that single confused mameluke probably got MVP.
  11. Horrbile AI Pathfinding

Open field battles when you hold your ground is worse, either they immediately throw their cavalry at you without waiting for the infantry and archers to catch up allowing you to fight them in smaller groups (Sarranids seem worst for this on PS4 version always fight a couple dozen cavalry on their own then the rest a bit later) or they advance 10 paces at a time even when under fire from archers they just patiently wait until everyone is in line then advancing again, usually not towards you either but just to the side so your archers get to fire on them as they advance and get a couple of volleys at their sides before they turn allowing you to slaughter loads of them before they even engage. Makes open field battles as Rhodoks laughably easy.

The siege one can be annoying as well when you get one or two archers or even occasionally anyone else standing in the middle of no where forcing you and your guys to trek halfway around the map to get them. Had one siege defense where a swadian knight attacking somehow got stuck right on the edge of the map. Wiped out the rest then took ages to get to him because my infantry wouldn't get close they kept stopping short so had to waddle out and meet him for an honourable duel while my guys watched for some reason.
  12. Funny Stories

Just curious about any funny stories people may have about this game, the open world nature usually allows shenanigans to occur from time to time. So my first one, I was fighting for the Rhodoks and I was travelling back to Jelkala from Sarranid land and I stopped at Jamiche castle to ask the...
  13. How to improve town prosperity

So playing PS4 version for the sake of clarity and I managed to capture Uxkhal, to be fair someone else took it left it lightly garrisoned lost it and the second guy who took it took lots of casualties so I managed to take it fairly easily. It was a bit low on prosperity when I took it cant...
  14. (Bug)? Count Kastor

Had something similar, wiped out Swadia and once it came up Swadia was no more most of the lords left to them quickly jumped ship (a few back to where they originally started which seemed odd) Yet I kept getting "small band of enemies near Uxkhal but no attacks on my stuff until I randomly bumped into the enemy which turned out to be Halarus just wandering about on his own, managed to fight him but he escaped.
  15. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Highly doubt it is being delayed to make it simpler to sell on consoles. I don't think it sold anywhere near well enough on them for that, although to be fair the advertising for it on consoles was very minimal so it did fly under the radar for a good chunk of people. Wouldn't even need to dumb it down for console either really just have a controller setting for using xbox/ps controller where controls are like current warband ones but give people the option of using a mouse and key board for it too for more accurate and quicker controls. The most vocal of the people who bought it on console seem to be asking for more not less so saying it would only succeed on console if it was dumbed down is not accurate.

Would love to get warband and bannerlord on a pc instead for all the mods etc... but I work away and travel allot so lugging a PC around isn't viable and gaming laptops cost a fortune so console is my only real option. So I really hope this gets a console release eventually and a M/KB option would be brilliant.
  16. Craziest thing you ever did in Warband, and got away with it.

My first ever battle (outside of bandit in starting city) it was me vs 14 mountain bandits I ran into by accident, pressed the wrong button and dropped my weapon twice... ended up riding around with no weapon and no shield kept riding round looking for them and couldn't find them spent a very very long time charging bandits on my horse till I knocked one out then led them off turned around grabbed the falchion he dropped and used it to kill about 8 more of them when one of them managed to knock out my horse, somehow managed to kill a couple more and a few decided to run away for which I was incredibly grateful, ended up with about 10% hp left.

Felt brilliant afterwards I defeated 14-1 odds after throwing away my weapons but at the time I facepalmed.
  17. Anybody having good success controlling an army?

Started my save as a sort of commander with low weapon skills but good leadership tactics etc... and I start open field battles by sending my cavalry off to one side (sadly atm my cavalry consist of 2 companions) tell my archers to hold position on high ground if available and tell the infantry to hold just infront of them. Make my archers hold fire, Rhodok crossbow men when told to hold fire hide behind their shields this stops them wasting shots on enemies too far away to hit with anything other than luck and the shields stop lucky shots coming in. Once they get close the archers open fire and the first volley usually drops quite a few (usually any mounted enemies as they are closest) then once the enemy get close my infantry charge and my cavalry come in from the side. I generally stay with the archers picking off the more dangerous enemies with my cracked siege cross bow. If the infantry and cavalry seem to have it under control I mount up and start picking off fleeing enemies, if they need a bit of support I generally stay on foot and help out the infantry (never consistently land hits while on horse need a bit more practice and when you dismount the bugger has a tendency to wander off anyway) being not the best at combat my guy comes in on the edge of the fight and works my way in to stop me facing too many at once and allowing me to hit people in the back.

Works a treat bandits and like like rarely manage to kill or wound even one person and my few fights with enemy lords so far have mostly been them with a slight advantage of numbers and I lose a couple of infantry and my poor mounted companions get knocked out but with a small army of 40 I have managed to take down a lord with 80ish with few losses just by making them come to me. I imagine outside of mountainous areas where cavalry are more of a problem could be tricky but hopefully will have some of my own by then.
  18. RIP Warband on consoles

Actually I think a good chunk console players would love server lists and its not like we haven't seen them before (the battlefield series being the obvious example) having servers makes it easier to group up with your friends and it is a lot less random and prone to idiocy like matchmaking can be from time to time. Cant count how many times I have gone into a matchmaking lobby and it drops me into a game where everyone else is half way around the globe and playing is like watching a slideshow. I can think of atleast one game with match making that has a tendency to throw you and your group into a match and put people on opposing sides give you a message saying that at the start of the next match the teams will change so you will all be on the the same side then in the next match you still have people on opposite sides and the only difference is maybe a bit of juggling. Just joining a server is so much easier better at keeping everyone together and if anyone drops out easier to get them back in and while probably slower in most cases it feels quicker because you are looking not staring at a screen waiting for it to do it for you.

Now if the UI for them was a bit better it would obviously be much better only crashes I have had in my admittedly limited time in this game was when looking at the MP section.
  19. Herding cattle.

First thing that really stressed me on the PS4 version was the cattle thing, was getting some for a village and figured out how to drive them where I wanted and it was going will if slow until night fell and I was apparently far enough back to lose sight so I panicked and charged forward to catch up to them to stop them and couldn't find them morning came and no sign of them so there are about half a dozen cows lost in the mountains near Jelkala.
  20. Considering getting this game, a few questions

Ended up getting it in the end and enjoying it allot. My first save was going well until a bit of a disaster involving getting into a fight of 40 odd vs 300 odd losing all my stuff and entering a tournament once I escaped to win my money back and getting to the final only to be given a crossbow and a dagger while the other guy got a horse and a lance, did not end well and lost what little money I had left.

Now that I knew the basics and knew not to become a vassal and ride to war very early on I started a new save and going much better this time got a decent army going and found a mountain bandit lair in a dead end in the mountains so I have a good way to trap them and grind a bit. Typical fights I order everyone to hold position and order infantry to move ten paces forward then tell archers to hold their fire (stops them firing at targets too far away and when you order them to hold fire they pull their shields out helping against the few random lucky shots from the enemy) when the enemy gets close I order them to open fire and it works a treat because they all fire as one and drop quite a few enemies in the initial volley then once the enemy get in range the infantry move in to slaughter the stragglers. At the moment my guy has focused on intelligence and charisma to make my army more powerful and cheap so he's not great in a fight so I tend to sit with the archers plinking away at the enemy till my infantry charges then I mount up and charge too along with the few cavalry I have and its working so far there is something very satisfying about breaking an enemy force and chasing them down with a jousting lance knocking them out.
Back
Top Bottom