Search results for query: *

1. Criticizing an early access game released 1 day ago lol

Or maybe the developers shouldn't release games into early access if they didn't want to deal with the criticism and expecting people to pay nearly full price for a game that they themselves know isn't ready.
    They never said they didn't want criticism, they even told you to wait until it is stable and not buy it as soon as it comes out. If you did, it's YOUR fault. You were warned by the devs and by the Early Access disclaimer on the Steam store page.
  2. Patch Notes e1.0.1

CTRL+F "block"

Phrase Not Found

:sad:
    Pretty sure fixing crashes is much more important on day 2 than adding features.
  3. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

KratosMKII said:
    I may release a new hotfix or update but sadly as i said before my time is increasingly diminishing.

No worries, do not feel guilty. You produced something which is already awesome. If you don't want to do it anymore, no need to force yourself

I do hope you find the interest to tie up loose ends some day, even after Bannerlord release.
  4. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

NaikJoy said:
    KratosMKII said:
    I've been thinking about releasing the source code of the mod. Maybe there's someone out there that have time to fix the stuff but don't want to be strained with joining a team. What do you guys think?

Yes and no... don't think you can get away with it by passing the ball.. you are the babysitter here..its your responsibility to babysit this mod. Unless you find someone that is worthy of replacing you..you can't get away with just giving the source code and hide away.

lmao, what is wrong with you? This dude took it upon himself to undertake a massive project. He doesn't OWE us anything, he literally does it in his free time. I can't believe there's people out there who are so entitled that they demand a mod creator continue to work despite increasing difficulties.

If he wants to abandon this great mod, that is his choice. It would be disappointing, but there's nothing to do when there's NOBODY ELSE to help him bug fix.
  5. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Just noticed in the new patch, the Guelph and Ghibelline parties that roam Italy now appear to be bandit parties. Is this supposed to be like that? Before each type of party was assigned to their respective faction. Now a "Guelphs" party will run away from a lord belonging to the Guelphs, etc.
  6. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Master Rawl said:
    KratosMKII said:
    Master Rawl said:
    Crash:

During a siege the mod crashed after these script errors.

49hzs3r.png
    That's a memory problem. Pls post your system specs (cpu, gpu and ram).

All other bug noted.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
    GPU: AMD RX 580
    RAM: 32GB DDR4

Were you playing for a couple of hours when it happened? The game will have memory leaks that will eventually cause a crash if you play mods with lots of assets and big battles. Newer mods are a bit better at this but 1257 AD is an old one and a little less optimized. My best guess since you have good specs but still got a memory error.
  7. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Do randomly generated lords get names now or do they still have weird names?

wale999 said:
    Amazing mod! Love it!

Quick question, is there a way to recruit normal companions? Or are the mercenary companions the only ones available?

When you get a fief, there's an option to invite local nobles for a hunt. You can recruit 3 nobles there. You can do this once per culture, so to get more than 3, you'll need to come to own fiefs of different culture (you get 3 more with each culture).
  8. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

MartanCJ said:
    Hi, I have few things about Kingdom of Bohemia.

First of all I don't really understand why it is included in game. I know it was one of the biggest and most important parts of HRE but in the end it doesn't make much sense to have HRE and Bohemia together in one game. As a native Czech I enjoy playing for Kingdom of Bohemia but on the other side I don't see much a sense to have Bohemia represent in game and I would keep it as part of HRE :smile:

Anyway game starts at 1257 and Kingdom of Bohemia territory is kinda small. In 1251 king Přemysl Otakar II (Who is correctly in represent as ruler of Bohemia in mod) acquired Lower Austria, Upper Austria and Styria. So it means that Wien and Graz should be part of Bohemia.

Also I found out that there are NO ladies in Bohemia during feast. And nobody has a wife,

Anyway it's great mod and fun to play :smile: These are just tips for new upcoming versions, it's nothing serious.

Thanks!

Well the original 1257 AD devs included Bohemia when they originally made the mod like 8 years ago. The author of this mod has said earlier in the thread that he does not intend to change faction placement at this point. Which makes sense because he's currently working on new features. Faction placement and the like is a fairly simple modification that can take place much later on
  9. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

Ningauble said:
    I might like this a lot - 1257 was good, back in the day. I have read the changelogs etc. Thanks for the great work so far.
    But I have not noticed mention of any added " standard " companions ( including attractive adventuresses ) to collect eg in taverns ( if I remember correctly, 1257 had just a couple of guys, around a campfire, and was it only after you had joined a faction ? .... ).  And can your wife join your party, get equipped, etc ?  If not, could these features common to other current, improved, mods please be implemented ?  It would be more fun !

As I understand it, 1257 AD was meant to be a  more realistic approach. So you only get the mercenary companions you can recruit in towns and the 3 noble men of your settlement's culture once you own one. 'sexy adventuresses' unfortunately were not a thing in medieval Europe.
  10. Creating your own Ordo Teutonicus?

as far as I know, there are no towns that have teutonic order troops as their base culture. you have to be a member of the faction to get their troops.
  11. [SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.6

Sure, I figure adding new factions is not the first priority. I think you can get away with using the Christian Anatolian troop tree for a start. It looks similar enough that you don't have to make a whole new culture for them. Here's a reference for settlement placement
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Georgia#/media/File:Caucasus_1245_AD_map_de.png

The political situation is not straight forward. Georgia was a vassal state to the mongols (like Novgorod) and contributed soldiers to the mongol armies, but there were attempted revolts at the time
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_VII_of_Georgia

Though it seems that, in 1257 specifically, Georgia was a compliant vassal state. So you could even get away with putting Ilkhanate settlements there, though it'd be more fun if there was a smaller faction there that eventually revolts.

As far as reddit posting, I encourage you to post every time you release a new version, with a changelog and screenshots and such. there's a couple of modders doing the same with their projects.
  12. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Had a weird bug come up where the King of Bulgaria's army had 14 "Champion Fighters" in his army. I lol'd because it was just 14 unarmed shirtless guys that got instantly killed
  13. [SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.6

I'm happy someone is taking up the open source. This is the best Warband mod and it deserves to be updated. I thought they had waited too long to release the source code for any modder to care, but looks like at least 1 person did. I hope more people join in to help, because an updated version of the mod (based on open source, not used without permission) using the scripts that have been developed in the recent years would be huge.

Granted, you literally just released this mod, but I already have a feature request.

Is there any chance of adding a couple of cities and castles to the central-eastern portion of the map? There is a huge barren wasteland in the caucasus mountains that can be meaningfully used, either to add another small faction (kingdom of georgia) or just split it up between the golden horde and ilkhanate. It would make it a strategic region instead of just a blank space. I love the detail of the map and this one area always bothered me.

as a side note, I'd recommend posting about this mod in other communities (M&B subreddit, for example) because it's hard to believe many people can find it when it's tucked away in "the cellar".
  14. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

cartonofjuice said:
    I'm having a bug with the heraldic mail variants. For whatever reason the texture is screwed up, so that the mail and the cloth are in the wrong places which gets really annoying when it western european battles. Is there a fix for this or am I the only one experiencing this?

This was an issue in 1257 AD as well. Don't know why it's shifted the way it is. I just ignore it tbh
  15. 1.4 was released and there's nothing in this forum about it?

Easter Cow said:
    The devs gave up on the mod.

That's a bit sad, they made something really amazing. And they actually released a new version just a few weeks ago
  16. 1.4 was released and there's nothing in this forum about it?

1.4 was released and there's no thread about it, still just a preview thread with the changelog? The download link thread hasn't been updated since 2016. What's happenin https://www.moddb.com/mods/bellum-imperii/downloads
  17. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Vulkashin said:
    Guys, I can't find exact Rules for this "Building castles" rules.

I was Bulgarian vassal, I had the fief of Cherven, all fine, I spend some serious cash and nice - castle came up.
    OK, but I got tired of being vassal, I conquered Adrianople and created my own faction (Duchy of Thrace it is named now). Right now my Duchy consists of 4 castles and 4 villages - Drastar, Adrianople, Chrystopoulis and Cherven Castle, and the villages are Varna, Dydimoteichon, Gallipoli, and Cherven.
    For Cherven I know - castle already is done, but in none of the other villages, it gives me to make a castle.

Why does this happen?
    Is there any specific Rule how and when you can make a castle to come up?
    Is the function valid only for specific villages or I am doing something wrong?

Anyone who has more knowledge on the topic?

Do you mean a Manor? You can build a manor in every village that you directly own (AKA not your lords). You need to build a manor first, then you can fortify it with a fort.
  18. SP Viking Conquest Balance Mod 13

DeSoto said:
    I got another problem, this time a visual one. Sorry for pestering you so much, but the normal forums are sparsely used at best and you seem to have some deep knowledge of the game.
    I'm playing a skirmisher, meaning I'm trying to go as light as possible without sacrificing too much defense. The berserker's "Wolf Skin" armor seemed perfect for this, but it is near unplayable in first person view with it (which I'm using all the time except when mounted). The problem is that the top part is visible at all times. 1/3 to 1/2 of your screen will be covered up by it and when you look around it appears like you don't tilt your head but rather rotate it inside it with the armor being static. This is inconsistent with all the other heavy helmets, which become invisible. My only explanation is that this problem is caused by the fact that the headgear is part of the body armor. Could this be replaced in first person view or made invisible entirely? You don't see much of it anyway, even when looking straight down, so the tiny immersion loss would be more than made up by an unobstructed view.

dx2gcmqp.jpg

lkk9vn4z.jpg

The way to fix this would be to separate the berserker armour into 2 parts - torso and head. The reason helmets become invisible in first-person is because your actual head becomes invisible to avoid exactly this issue. That doesn't happen with body armour meshes, which remain visible, and the bear head is part of the body mesh, as you say. Someone would have to create a 2-piece berserker armour and then edit the troops file to have them wear it instead of the current 1-piece.

I can't think of a way to make a piece of body armour (which the head is currently part of) disappear
  19. "Modded 1257", submod made by several users

I found this submod called "modded 1257", which apparently has a lot of fixes for siege scenes and additional modifications to the mechanics of the game Has anyone played this version before? I loaded it up and it seems quite different. Lots of the first tier skirmisher troops now have slings...
  20. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

merikallio said:
    Hello. Fantastic mod. The number of features is very impressive. Historical accuracy awesome.
    But sieges are too tough for me at this statge, making the game unplayable. Even as monarch and with lowest damage options I struggle to gather enough lords for storming bigger towns succesfully.

The main reason - garrisons are far too large. I've tried to tone them down by changing the party_templates.txt in Warband/Modules/Medieval_conquests folder, but to no avail. After lowering the min. and max. values in pt_kingdom_reinforcement_a etc. (I found the solution somewhere on the forum) most towns are still around 400-500 troops and Constantinople even around 1000 !!!!!

Anyone knows how to decrease the garrison sizes? Thanks

You simply have to work together with your fellow lords to successfully capture towns. The only other way is to lead troops as a Marshall or faction ruler. I've played as Norway and we easily captured towns because they were able to field 900-1,200 troops for those sieges.
Back
Top Bottom