Search results for query: *

1. Aetheus

Increasing Mount and Blade performance.

Sweet, din't know that. Thanks for the tip!

-cranks battlesizer up another notch-
  2. Aetheus

I really hope Lynores is alright

Lol, well its pretty obvious that the sole purpose of this thread was never so that users could pray that Lynores is still among the living, but to elicit a response from him so that his continued presence among the boards (and, by extension, his continued development of this mod) could be confirmed.  :wink:

Still, not like I'm complaining. I'd like to see this mod get finished just as much as the next person.
  3. Aetheus

Countdown to 268 B.C. v1.98 for WARBAND (updated 6/3)

Great work, ealabor! I haven't checked up on this mod for ages (and M&B has been mostly in the same dusty corner of my computer desktop) and that update was a much needed reminder that this mod still lives and breathes.
  4. Aetheus

Arrow drop

In game, I usually keep a javelin or two handy during field combat, and my trusty Heavy crossbow for sieges. The difference between a crossbow and a bow in M&B is very noticeable, atleast to me. While crossbows are hardly 100% accurate, you can still have a good, semi-reliable shot at enemies 50 meters away, even if you have a low weapon proficiency with it. With a bow, however, your shots tend to be more inaccurate, unless you have a high weapon proficiency.
  5. Aetheus

Conquest! (v0.70 released July 3rd)

Robis said:
    just found a not self massacre way to get battle against khaergit.. just using a big band of horsemen and taking footmen holded on a hill standing very close ..

When I tried that during early gameplay with my fresh Swadian troops, they still managed to snipe down hundreds of my men and force a retreat from me. When I took them on midgame with my house troops, they were ironically mowed down by my Rangers. If only them Centurions din't have such shiny armor ... makes it very tempting to choose them as the signature troop, even though I find the basic infantry to be cheaper and just as effective.
  6. Aetheus

New weapons

Nice work. What's the sword with the umbrella handle called?
  7. Aetheus

SP Oriental Fate of the Dragon - Three Kingdoms Mod/Cancelled

butscrew said:
    Aetheus said:
    Back on topic: Good luck with the mod. I always found DW to be a fun game, and while I'll admit that I mostly played it to get the feel of being a "one man army", I was still entranced by the Chinese setting of the game (although I'm pretty sure that most Chinese women of the time din't smack soldiers with giant lethal boomerangs). There's plenty of focus on western mods around here (I think there's been atleast 5 Europe mod attempts for 1.011 alone?), which is fine and all, but a little spotlight on Asian history never hurts.  :wink:

The Nanman are actually Vietnamese they fought off the Sun led by Sun ce, so the chick your talking about wasn't Chinese. DW6's combat system sucks, its all about getting on a roll but health is not easy to come by and enemy archers are plenty. You can't have a Romance of the Three Kingdoms without insanely powerful generals. Thats how it was in the novel 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms,' all the heroes were powerful, heck ZhaoYun rode through a 10,000 strong army to deliver Liu Bei's son to him. Liu Bei then threw his son to the ground giving the kid brain damage and berating Zhao Yun for risking his life for his son and wife. Anyway you will have to make the North Kingdom (Wei) with the strongest cavalry.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the Nanman never actually fought Wu (though then again, "Wu" din't even exist in Sun Ce's time),  in any significant battles. Maybe the occasional skirmish by the local border control? And yeah, I knew that Lady Zhu Rong wasn't Chinese (heck, she doesn't even exist to begin with), but all the other lady fighta's in the game used ... fans. :neutral:

Also, read on the first page that you were gonna allow a bit of historical inaccuracy in terms of character appearances. I only hope you do it discreetly - a fleet of Nanman troops led by Zhang Jiao and riding on a warship steered by Lu Bu would just seem weird.  :mrgreen:
  8. Aetheus

"Best" Troops

I play with the difficulty cranked up to 177%, with 100% damage to me and the troops, and a decent Battlesizer setting. I've taken on the Almohad troops, and while I admit that my troops managed to wrest a castle from them during my brief stint as a mercenary for the HRE, I still lost many Teutonic/Imperial troops during the siege, and that was with a numerical advantage. Me and the King had 300 troops, while the enemy had 250. By the time the siege was over, 90 men from my side were dead, and with plenty more injured.

Even with 60% difficulty, I have difficulty (no pun intended) believing that 7 men could take down 60 troops, and much less that a few dozen troops could take a castle which had a garrison of 200. Unless, of course, you stationed all your archers in the right places and repeatedly snipe-and-run the enemy, which doesn't sound likely, since according to your post, you only brought a few Knights with you.
  9. Aetheus

Shield guide

ealabor said:
    The conservative stances i've been leading on were all part of a front. Secrectly we are Nazis.

Now that you have caught on to our plans of conquest, it is too late! too late!

Hail Hegemony!

Although, really, those are some swell shields. Keep up the good work, AlphaDelta.  :grin:
  10. Aetheus

SP Oriental Fate of the Dragon - Three Kingdoms Mod/Cancelled

butscrew said:
    I preferred DW4. DW 5 and 6 are just too crap now, especially 6, they broke it the bastards.

Anyway Masterninja I sent my Chinese sword and blue dragon wannabe's to your email you gave me. I hope you have fun texturing them.

DW5 was still OK, IMO. I dunno about DW6 - I never got to test the combat much; The shop demo version that I tested out was in Jap, and since I din't know the combo controls (the demo was on the X-box 360, and I only ever played DW games on the PS2), I chucked it after a minute of trying to figure out how to mount a horse.

Back on topic: Good luck with the mod. I always found DW to be a fun game, and while I'll admit that I mostly played it to get the feel of being a "one man army", I was still entranced by the Chinese setting of the game (although I'm pretty sure that most Chinese women of the time din't smack soldiers with giant lethal boomerangs). There's plenty of focus on western mods around here (I think there's been atleast 5 Europe mod attempts for 1.011 alone?), which is fine and all, but a little spotlight on Asian history never hurts.  :wink:
  11. Aetheus

"Best" Troops

Darth Ellutador said:
    Well, I play with Portugal and i use Templar´s Knight and Knights of Avis. I never use infantry or archers(I only use archers when i´m upgrading my troops, but I don´t use them in serious battles), except Dismounted Knight of Avis. Per example: I managed to take Sevilla and Valencia (two almohad´s towns, wich had 400 men) with the same army of 21 Templar´s Knights and 19 Knights of Avis. They were like butter on my sword  :twisted:.

Im guessing the battle size was somewhere in the 10 to 25 range or that the total difficulty amounted to 30%?  :lol:
  12. Aetheus

SP Fantasy Reign of Sword (Rządy Miecza)

Donatelobg said:
    Is there any date for issue of fashion ? :oops:

Dang, you people really gotta stop using Babelfish to translate.

For your info, this "fashion" (mod) doesn't have a fixed release date. I think Slawomir mentioned about releasing it sometime this month.
  13. Aetheus

SP Oriental Heaven and Earth - feudal Japan mod/ Mod Closed.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
    skitarii said:
    shalictar said:
    ****ing rice?

EDIT:

would make more sense if you started out with your own land/village.

Aye, rice is some good stuff.

No, no, he means ****ing rice, which is different from regular rice. You don't want to catch that stuff.

Why not? I've been ****ing my rice bowl for years.
  14. Aetheus

phorest said:
    Aetheus said:
    Don't worry, the Rhodoks, as a faction, are fairly weak. The only troop they have that actually pack a punch are the arbalistiers, and once you punch through their line of sight, they're pretty much toast. A lot of their troops (all except the spearmen, I think) also use blunt weapons, which should help to lower your casualties when dealing with them - even if it gets bad, you can flee and wait for your troops to recover.

Its really only the Nords you have to worry about - I got caught in a situation where I'm literally sandwiched between the hostile Khergits in the South, and the equally vicious Nords in the north. Fortunately, I had plenty of Swadian friends, so I managed to establish ground close to them and whittle down their castles through continuous, bloody assaults. Even the Khergits weren't quiet as tough as I thought they were, once I began using my house troops instead of the hodge-podge army of Swadian/Rhodok that I previously used. Ironically, its usually my archers that kill most of them, with my infantry mostly being used as shield walls.

Is it possible to make peace treaties? Or to reduce the chance of factions declaring war on you? I try talk to Lords to make peace with me, but they say no(which is why I wanted to join a faction).

There are peace treaties, but you can't offer them. Instead, the enemy will typically offer you a peace treaty. I don't know what affects the chances of them doing it, though. I had reduced the Khergits to 2 castles and a town before they offered me peace. And yet the Vaegirs offered me peace almost immediately after they declared war on me.

15. Aetheus

Don't worry, the Rhodoks, as a faction, are fairly weak. The only troop they have that actually pack a punch are the arbalistiers, and once you punch through their line of sight, they're pretty much toast. A lot of their troops (all except the spearmen, I think) also use blunt weapons, which should help to lower your casualties when dealing with them - even if it gets bad, you can flee and wait for your troops to recover.

Its really only the Nords you have to worry about - I got caught in a situation where I'm literally sandwiched between the hostile Khergits in the South, and the equally vicious Nords in the north. Fortunately, I had plenty of Swadian friends, so I managed to establish ground close to them and whittle down their castles through continuous, bloody assaults. Even the Khergits weren't quiet as tough as I thought they were, once I began using my house troops instead of the hodge-podge army of Swadian/Rhodok that I previously used. Ironically, its usually my archers that kill most of them, with my infantry mostly being used as shield walls.
  16. Aetheus

phorest said:
    Is it not possible to join another faction? Khergits and Rhodoks declared war against me and I took Yalen from Rhodoks. I am trying to join Nords as they are my favourites and are next to my own estates and if they declare war against me I'd be screwed.

Well, the whole point of Conquest is to conquer, is it not? If you wish to belong to a "faction", you can still seek out for the claimant of the respective faction you wish to join. I'm not sure if kt0 messed with it so that you can't really join them, but the option to join them still appears in their dialogue. Although it'd be just the same as striking out on your own, since you still need to take fiefs and convince people to join you.

If I were you, I'd just enlist any friendly Lords to my cause - once you have a tons of rescued prisoners, they become extremely easy to woo. Most of them will either ask you to hunt down fugitives (which is an easy task) or train up a certain number of troops from their faction (which gives plenty of relation points - Hence why you should have a little diversity with rescued/prisoner recruited troops). I normally start asking them once the relation points are 25 or more. Don't bother trying if you have less than 20, unless you can reload save files to retry.

An even easier way is to enlist enemy Lords. Just pick one or two of them who hold few/no fiefs, and defeat them as many times as possible, releasing them everytime you win. Each time you release them, you gain 5 relationship points, and if you're picking on a lord who holds no/little fiefs, he won't have much income, and can't rebuild as fast. Once you've scored a high relation, just recruit him like you would any other lord.
  17. Aetheus

ahh ****ty textures!

M&B animations look more realistic, I'll agree to that. But really, graphics? You've gotta be kidding. The graphics of Native M&B is crap. Textures are bland, swords look like they have an anti-shiny coating and wooden buildings look like plastic painted to look wooden. GE and the other texture packs do well in bringing it up to scratch, though.

That said, the draw of M&B has never been its graphics, and having high-end, Crysis like graphics with 100 (or more with battlesizer) troops in tow would probably be unplayable on most computers.
  18. Aetheus

CAREERS

I like the idea, although I like being an "independent" mercenary more. Perhaps some sort of compromise can be reached - like allowing the character to bolster the Lord's army with troops of his own, so that you can still have the illusion of "leading" your own troops to battle, while fighting side by side with the Lord that hired you.

I always found it a bit funny that whoever hired my party as a mercenary army never actually enlisted me to help him; instead, I'd be taking orders from his King while he wandered around, getting pwned by random passebys. It makes being a mercenary look like a downgraded version of being a vassal, with no real benefits besides being able to indiscriminately attack your nation's enemies. If mercenaries actually, say, received a good pay (like, say, 3000 a week or something), it would make being a mercenary a much more enticing line of work.
  19. Aetheus

(BI) Barbarian Invasion (Version .15) 3 NEW QUESTS Warband (1.34)

You people ... an argument over a can of spam? This really is the interwebz.

Well, canned meat aside, how's the mod going? What're you dudes working on right now?

20. Aetheus

SP Oriental Heaven and Earth - feudal Japan mod/ Mod Closed.

A question, shalictar (or butscrew. Or anyone who has an answer), did the Japs ever actually wield "throwing katanas"? Weren't katanas rather expensive to lose? Although the mental image I'm getting of a hail of flying katanas raining down on enemy troops is rather appeasing ...
Back
Top Bottom