Search results for query: *

1. The Profileth

Bug Reports: 1.54

I have an odd set of bugs that might be a poor install however it started with on certain occasions dialogue options would appear blank even though they worked with the proper answers on them however if i went back lets say to the guild master after seeing him with blank dialogue options he would have them back to normal, so overall it wasnt that big of an issue however once i attempted to convert some lords that had a moderate relation to me (~14) while they were in a prison in one of my cities i got a blank dialogue option and then one to say i must go. I picked the blank one and it acted as if I had completed an intrigue quest, set their relation to 100+their original and then subtracted 2. It is the oddest thing, and I was able to repeat this with the other captive and even the same captive by talking to them and picking the blank option. I wonder if anyone else has had something like this happen before.
  2. The Profileth

What is up with the polearm thrusts? It makes lancing from horseback impossible.

Xeno is it possible to utilize the alternate weapon attack (IIRC X is the key that does this) to have a on horse mode and a off horse mod, the off horse can be default and the on horse can be the alt, that way ground infantry can still use the attack but you can disable it.
  3. The Profileth

[Various] Why would a player ever fight with a dagger ?

Hmm, you could get around a dagger taking up a slot by replacing the fist animation with a dagger swinging and just give unarmed combat the characteristics of using a dagger, which could help simulate that a dagger was used for close quarters combat/last resort type of weaponry, not to mention it could give archers an extra slot for arrows or other such things.
  4. The Profileth

[Idea] Radomir's Two Tier Vassalage concept

Hmm this shares similar ideas to what I posted here
    no wonder Cernunos wrote this off as being too concerned with politics of Calradia and only regarded the seasons as being a good idea
    but seasons do sound cool and if implemented well could be a real game changer
  5. The Profileth

[IDEA] System of Feudalism with dynamic empires

Cernunos said:
    Thanks a lot for this propostition, and taking time to share. However, I want to insist on this point. Although it might look like a big blob of features so far, I am really not making rigale a medieval politics simulator.
    Rigale is really about trying to make an RPG esque experience in a wide interactive world. Rigale is much more centered around the player, his improvements, and his party, than about the calradian politics.

I would advise you to check the Diplomacy mod, that sounds to have some of the features you are looking for. Because before meddling with politics, I have many many others things I want to do with rigale. Religions, alchemy, epidemics, apothicary, bardic skills, more random stuffs, some unworldly factions, and so on, it all really will take time.

I am sorry, but if I ever do this, it would probably de in years from now  :sad:
    It is fine, just wanted to see if you were interested :smile:
    just a note, I never mentioned anything about politics, I just wanted a more dynamic game set up and play through rather than the same empires everytime and the same results (as one ALMOST ALWAYS beats out the others when left alone)
    but your rejection pretty much signifies that nobody is gonna want to do it (as I have tried to suggest this idea before), so oh well I guess I would have to learn how to code to make this idea a reality.
    BTW if anyone wants to go and suggest this to various other mods go ahead, but I don't think I will.
    With my dreams crushed I ramble on  :cool:
  6. The Profileth

[IDEA] System of Feudalism with dynamic empires

While these may be a bit too ambitious , I still would like to voice them. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4589759559_9b4bb1a773_o.png click for full sized^ This would create SUPER DYNAMIC system of lordship, it could possibly lead to conflicts among lords like what happened in the actual...
  7. The Profileth

Updating for 1.134

I just had a thought concerning guns and bows, guns realistically could not hit anything more than 60 feet away at best, not only because of inaccuracy but mainly because the "bullets" they used were more like ball bearings, so they dropped pretty damn fast. Bows could be shot from very far distances because you could aim them up and they would rain down on your foes, part of the reason high ground was useful is because you did not have to account for drop as much. I wonder if there is a way to help simulate this, because as it stands guns while realistically powerful are unrealistically accurate, and while bows are realistically powerful they lack the forces of gravity, as do the guns, could there be a way to increase the speed at which guns and arrows drop, and give arrows an arc if shot upwards, while guns just sort of drop off, this could help to balance out the strength inequality between guns and bows, plus it would be nice to see a shower of arrows from on high for once, but hey I don't know the system limitations, just thought I would chip in while we are rebalancing things as they are.  :cool:
  8. The Profileth

Updating for 1.134

Hmmm
    level 10 heroism + Chu-ko-nu army =  :!:  :twisted:  :!:
    Sounds like a whole 'nother game, and I like it  :grin:
    Also, has there been any thought put into having castle/town sieges that are more like large scale battles in an open city sort of thing?
    Rather than normal breach walls, kill enemy on walls finish off rest, it would be more like knock down gate, giving people inside time to prepare, then battle ensues inside the walls rather than on them, would be interesting to actually have to make your cavalry dismount after storming the gates so that they could get to the other people.
    Either way the updates to come seem most promising
  9. The Profileth

Nords: Buff or Not?

Would be interesting to have them be good against the Vaegirs.
  10. The Profileth

Possible Army Morale/Rest Problem!

you did not turn off  fatigue, go to your camp and then change the settings and turn fatigue off.
  11. The Profileth

4. Unusual weapons* from the time period, and period firearms.

Personally I do not think the replacing of the hand to hand fighting animations would really be cared about , since nobody ever uses it truly, you could in theory just use it as a extra set of animations I guess, the only draw back is that if you tried to attack with your fists (which you would never do) it would look odd, or atleast that is just a theory i have  :oops:
  12. The Profileth

Bows Underpowered?

Xenoargh haft spoken!
    Well I guess we can just wait to see what he adds that blows our minds next  :cool:
  13. The Profileth

Bows Underpowered?

Hmmm I just had an epiphany
    Why not have real longbows, that can not be shot from a horse and do immense damage BUT have a long refire rate, aswell as the other drawbacks of a bow, and also the bonus of having a larger ammo supply?
    The advantage of this could be that you could have troops that cost way less than units with guns but still have armor piercing efficient weapons
  14. The Profileth

Realistic AI issues 1.14

I had the same thing happen to me, its almost like they are trying to retreat before they are actually able too  :grin:
  15. The Profileth

Knights the Last Battle ver 1

I propose the mod be named Battle of the last Knights...... I just think it has a better ring to it
  16. The Profileth

Bug Reports and Known Bugs

Hmm it seems for some reason to always crash to desktop if I try to talk to Thorgrim after hiring him?
    Edit: apon further playing it seems that any type of talking or trying to talk to any patrol causes the game to crash, this probably is something on my end, let me investigate further.
    Edit2: hmm the problem seemed to resolve itself after I loaded a game playing in native weird, I hope this is just an isolated incident
  17. The Profileth

[B] Blood and Steel 1.05

Hi, I really like the mod and all it's ambitions, one thing I do not like though, is that when you die or get knocked out , the battled ends. Why can't you implement the code that so many others have used to delay the battle from ending after you die? That would really make this mod awesome
    Anyways, good work and I hope you get a subforum soon :grin:
  18. The Profileth

[Suggestion] Peasants get daggers

I vote for increased hand to hand damage!
  19. The Profileth

[Developer Diary 1] 2.0 Sneak Peak: Rhodok Troop Tree

Yes they would probably get stuck in the people and yes they did break, but that was NOT my point my point was that if you are trying to use a lance against unarmored peasants and lets say they are running away from you, then when you stab them in the back the lance should not break, that was my main issue, because most calvary used swords or other weapons to fight on horseback after the first initial charge because as you said lances were not meant for long term fighting specially with the amount of weight they must of had.
    (also you mentioned neutons 3rd law, but that would only break his hand if he was hitting a brick wall, if he is hitting a moveable object such as a person then the 2nd law is the most fitting )
    Newton's Second Law of Motion:
    The relationship between an object's mass m, its acceleration a, and the applied force F is F = ma. Acceleration and force are vectors (as indicated by their symbols being displayed in slant bold font); in this law the direction of the force vector is the same as the direction of the acceleration vector.
  20. The Profileth

[Developer Diary 1] 2.0 Sneak Peak: Rhodok Troop Tree

doc82nd said:
    Waldzios said:
    Your thinking of Tournament Lances not war/battle ones, if you think a lance broke on impact (the whole point of them breaking is to reduce damage inflicted, the opposite of what you want in a battle).
    It is true though that lances where only really used in the first change, but that don't mean that it was only used vs 1 guy per battle.

I know there really was differences between jousting (made for effective, very visual crushing on contestants shields)  and war lances (the knight ones) , but not as big in conception of use, both were breakable.

The lancer, using stirrups, in relatively heavy armor, charging (gallop) heavy horse (sometimes heavy armored) ,  hitting enemy with few meters long wooden stick,  the lance have to broke if the lancer have to stay in saddle  (its just physics :smile:), there is no other way.

The lancers in battle where able to charge few times, but only after returning on positions and taking new lances in place of old ones.

I hate talking in english about lances, there is only one word for "lance", in polish for example then is big difference between words "lanca" and "kopia". 
    The lance as "lanca" or light lance in game is spear-like weapon, able of trusting and limited fencing, but not realy make for couching.
    The lanca  as "Kopia" or great lance in game, is long (even 5,5m long (about 19foot)) , one use only,  thrusting only  ,couchable polearm weapon.
    I never really looked at it from that prospective. I just love that lanced damage :grin:
    I'll take a look at the code and see if I can't assign lances 'hp' so they break after so many hits(more than one.. because well. I would be pissed if my lance broke after one use) But i'll look into it and see what i can do. :smile:
    Well be careful with that, because if you think about it, it would be really annoying to be stabbing a punch of unarmored peasants and then have your only weapon besides your crossbow break. (which you used up all your bolts killing the other calvalry)
    He is right about the tournament lances, they were meant to break on impact, but actual "lances" that were used for real combat were no toys that broke, unless maybe you were to hit a really solid shield at a bad angle, and even then just think of the force behind a several hundred pound animal running at lets say 30MPH could easy pierce a shield.
Back
Top Bottom