Search results for query: *

1. Tintenkobold

In Progress Game crashes if you try taking a walk in Jogurys Castle

Yes, my report is fresh with 1.2.8.
  2. Tintenkobold

I don't use AMD hardware and it only happens when taking a walk in Jogurys Castle. I have a lot of crashes for other reasons (to be fair: 1.2.7/1.2.8 fixed a lot of them, still too much), but I think neither them nor the AMD issue is related to the problem we are addressing here. There is no Direct3D error window and the dump is corrupted or - like in my case - can not be created at all.

My machine is high end, lack of hardware ressources is not an issue. Anyone able to access Castle Jogurys without a crash in 1.2.8? I'm curious if everybody experiences this crash or only some players.

Computer Specs:
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
    GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.4633
    CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K (32 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR5
    Motherboard: Z790 AORUS ELITE AX
    Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 990 PRO NVME
  3. Tintenkobold

Still too few banner colors

So the game has been around for some years now. And even though it is called "Bannerlord", why are we limited to a handful of colors? I know there is a mod, but it's broken with 1.2.8. I think the base game should give the player many more colors. Customization is important. That's what players...
  4. Tintenkobold

Encountered this as well, it's still in the game with 1.2.8. Can't create a crash dump because the crash is different from usual crashes. Bannerlord stays in the foreground, you can't click the crash dump question box and you can't see the task manager. So I have to restart my pc. Bannerlord is the first game which forces me so restart my pc after a crash or kills my 3d driver, just saying. Something is strange with the way this game handles crashes.

I created a ticket (#1416) for you guys, save game included.
  5. Tintenkobold

In Progress UI text messed up when smithing throwing knives

Summary: When crafting throwable knives, an UI text element is messed up. Maybe it's related to german localization (word too long). The messed up text says "Geschossgeschwindigkeit". A comparison: "Geschossgeschwindigkeit" -> too long, messed up "Geschossschaden Stich" -> barely fits in...
  6. Tintenkobold

In Progress Castle Caleus messed up flags

Summary: In castle Caleus scene, there are floating flags and there is a strange yellow flag on the tower. For me it looks like: - Clan color missing - Clan logo missing - No cloth physics How to Reproduce: Enter castle Caleus and search for flags Have you used cheats and if so which: no...
  7. Tintenkobold

In Progress Sons have female clothes (civil)

Summary: New born sons reaching mature age have a very high chance to spawn with female clothes/dresses. Didn't find this bug in the known issues section. Found old threads, looks like this bug is in the game for 3 years now. I had the feeling it may be fixed after 1.2.7 but it's still in the...
  8. Tintenkobold

Closed Do smithing perks even work at all?

All of this is the case but it doesn't work. I have 2 characters with smithing 280 and one with around 260. The 2h axe has a difficulty around 250 and I only use class V parts. I never receive any legendary, I crafted hundreds for testing.
  9. Tintenkobold

Good find! It should simply be divided by the exact number of parts used. This is simply an incorrect formula. May affect other weapons as well as you can craft weapons with some parts being optional.
  10. Tintenkobold

Garrison auto donation - We have to talk

Instant vote after siege. Problem solved.
  11. Tintenkobold

Maybe it's time for a specific suggestion from my side as I totally understand the problems with the old system and why the new system has been introduced. I would keep the settlement empty until voting is done. After voting, the clan owning the new settlement will try to donate troops in a meaningful way. This will prevent all clans from donating too much, it will prevent massive weakness of the army and it will cause some sort of responsibility of the new owner. This will weaken the owners troops but as long as they stay with the army they should be safe. If they leave, they are vulnerable, but they will try to stock up, that's already in the game. As a player, you can help them and donate them some good troops if you have a bad feeling about them. If they are not in your army and win a siege on their own, nothing changes as they would come out of that very weak no matter what and are responsible for fast recruiting anyways.

Does this make sense? I don't see many new problems or side effects, but I'm happy to read some oppinions. It's my best suggestion right now, not falling back to the old system but fixing the new one.

It also fixes 3 cheat methods which are possible right now:

- infinite donation back from garrison to lords for influence harvesting out of thin air
    - Grabbing/exchanging troops with lords not in your clan which is not possible normally (for example snacking high tier troops)
    - Artificially weakening kingdoms as you can basically empty nearly 100% of all troops with donation-exploits, then leaving the kingdom, join another or make your own and crush them without anyone to fight back against you at all. In theory, you can win the game very fast as long as you have enough influence to form a big army once. Using exploits, influence can be harvested easily to kickstart this. Not sure if I have time to try it, but maybe it's possible to win the game as soon as you successfully lead 1 siege in no time by combining all exploits together. Could be the fastest speed run option right now.
  12. Tintenkobold

Keep in mind that until recent versions your AI vassals wouldn't donate anything at all if the player was leading the army, so this problem is the result of a recent change.
    Yeah, I know. That's why I said I understand where this is coming from. I would even say I prefer the old system because an empty settlement is an excellent bait to crush more enemies. Now I end up sorting and re-donating soldiers which takes like forever. If I don't, I lose 50% of all troops in my kingdom with every siege lead by me. That's worse than empty.
  13. Tintenkobold

I created a ticket with save files attached -> https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Ticket/Item/1395

I found 3 different scenarios:

Number 1 - AI only army manages to do it right (save file taleworlds1a)
    Siege on Hubyar - AI only army - just unpause and let it run. Wait for all lords to leave after the siege to have a clear view on remaining troops. AI will donate ok-ish amount of troops, around 150-175

56441Rm.jpg

Number 2 - AI only army donates too much (taleworlds2a)
    Siege on castle of southern empire - AI only army - just unpause and let it run. Wait for all lords to leave after the siege to have a clear view on remaining troops. AI will over react, donating around 450-500 and exceeding garrison max size

mWLwXqd.jpg

Number 3 - biggest player lead army I can create - AI donates 5000 troops(taleworlds2b)
    Siege on castle of southern empire - player lead army - just hit auto solve. If AI does not donate at all, leave and re-enter castle to see the problem. Usually or when not auto resolving this happens without leaving and entering. AI in player army will donate around 5000 troops, that's nearly 50% of the 11.000 soldiers army, over reacting like crazy and exceeding garrison max size by 4.500. These 4.500 quickly starve to death.

VLjq4mL.jpg
  14. Tintenkobold

Thanks for confirming this.

Regarding my play style, I think I played it in a normal way. I just didn't murder every lord, I became rich with constant war, a lot of loot, smithing and convinced them to join my kingdom, which costed around 500.000-1.500.000 for each. So I ended up with a strength over 50.000 when I started to dismantle the last faction, holding 13 cities and 20 castles. So kinda end game, yeah. Hardest difficulty by the way, difficulty seems to play no role for most of the problems I came along in my recent experience.
  15. Tintenkobold

It seems like an edge case which is breaking the game a bit. I mean 6k-8k soldiers for sieging a fief is pushing the boundaries for BL.

My issue is my party leaders donating all of their archers and best troops to the garrison each time we finish a siege. We're then left with no archers and trash tier troops...needs sorting.
    Are you sure it's an edge case? I have seen pure AI sieges around 4 to 5k troops combined. Since every captured city belongs to me until voting begins, the same problem occurs. I checked garrisons of AI captured cities which stayed in my clan after voting. Completely full (500-600), a lot of high tier troops and a significant amount of horse units. Like you observed. It's especially annoying when you equip your own clan members with special troops but they donate 50% of them after the next siege. They go in strong and come out weak, easy prey for the enemy after the 1st siege already. That's why I lead my big army and do a lot of micro management since it's the only way to control the first days of a big war.
  16. Tintenkobold

I did see an Aserai army stuff Sargot (that they captured) to full capacity yesterday, taking it with an army of ~2,000 or so and leaving it with a garrison of ~450. I actually bought the city from Sultan Unqid before he even put it up for vote, lol, at the relatively cheap cost of ~500,000 silvers, and with it were numerous Tier 4-6 units (including ~50 Aserai Master Archers and 63 Aserai Heavy Horsemen lol).

It was a mixed blessing, given it has made Sargot extremely expensive to uphold, but I decided to play risky and found a new country with the 2 cities and 2 castles I own and am awaiting the opportunity to use these troops to pay their bills.

It's been nearly 2 years and neither Vlandia, nor the Western Empire, nor Aserai, nor Battania are willing to proactively attack me lol.

I'm curious why; I know I've stacked these 4 fiefs tall with high tier troops (especially in the castles to take advantage of the wage discounts) but I was expecting to register as small fry/"free real estate" in the minds of the A.I..
    Haha that's a lot of text for a different story, but your first sentence shows what I observed. 450 is about 25% of your 2000 man army. So for my 8000 man army a donation of 2000 folks is stupid, but maybe confirms there is very simple math involved and no hard cap. I'm not too familiar with the rights of a medieval king but I would prefer that playing as a king I can decide what and how much should be donated. :wink:
  17. Tintenkobold

I will provide any data you request to help. I can reproduce it at any time.
  18. Tintenkobold

Are you kidding me? What's that, a completely random spam post without even reading my stuff? Gonna report that ****.

Remember, using macros or cheats to circumvent game mechanics might lead to unintended consequences and is generally discouraged.
    I can use macros in my single player games as much as I want. Who are you to tell people what to do.
  19. Tintenkobold

In Progress Male lords wearing female dress

I started a campaign before 1.2.7 and now I'm on 1.2.8. Sons wearing dresses in every faction, in all 3 versions and even my own children and my grand-children. I have no words for that, this bug is still not fixed 3 years later.
Back
Top Bottom