Search results for query: *

1. Bellum Imperii: Bug + Glitch Reports

Afyrius said:
    Hi. First of all, thank you for this amazing mod! Can't wait for version 1.4. I have found a glitch with the Constable, Chancellor and Chamberlain: they are walking heads! Well, at least the only visible part of them are the head and the shoes, don't know why. Anyway, it's only cosmetic, and don't interfere at all with the amazing mod you created.

I also encountered this bug, it is a strange moment, indeed: all three guys are at various stages of being clothed  :wink:
    Constable has only the ankle boots in his inventory, and zero body armors. Still doesn't explain the missing texture.
    Chancellor has two roman tunics, but he is not guaranteed to get one.
    Chamberlain has a grand total of four roman tunics, and he is even guaranteed to wear one.

But! I just tested on a new save - even if you switch their armors is the .txt files and make them guaranteed, they are still empty. Really we need the mod author to answer this.
  2. Bellum Imperii: Bug + Glitch Reports

Tulkas1 said:
    I have enlisted in the army of a lord of the Roman Empire and, upon reaching the rank of Legionary and above, I didn't receive any kind of pila, but I've seen other IA controlled Legionaries use them.
    Usually happens if you don't have the skills to use these pila. Also, the ranged weapon on trp_1723 (Roman Legionary, upgrades to 1st and 2nd cohort Legionaries) isbe not guaranteed, and you just got unlucky.
    Tulkas1 said:
    Also I wold like to know if there is a way to change troop type while remaining in the same faction/army (for instance from Legionary to auxiliary troop of some sort)
    Is there? :neutral: I'm not sure if Freelancer ever offered that feature - you could only choose your promotion. But why become an auxilary if you are a member of the Legion :?:
  3. SP Fantasy [WB] Echoes of a Bygone Age - Help Needed! (Formerly: Shattered Empire)

Those (ERE-influenced?) guys are fire! Esp. the upgraded version with oval shields.
  4. SP Fantasy [WB] Echoes of a Bygone Age - Help Needed! (Formerly: Shattered Empire)

That's some quality! I would eagerly follow this.
    1 city per faction is all good, just try not to overstretch yourself by doing that many troops.
  5. 'Meet the mayor' option in town menu with disabled scenic view?

But isn't the guildmaster/mayor always standing outside, not in a building?
    I thought it is possible to access the mayor from town screen in Native by ticking a box in TweakMB. And some mods (like PoP) have that option, too.
  6. [Updated] Prophesy of Pendor ~ Character Builder Program [For PoP v3.7063]

Well, I'm not the best in getting all that data out of game files :wink:

But if you would need coding advice, I can help.
  7. [Updated] Prophesy of Pendor ~ Character Builder Program [For PoP v3.7063]

I would like to suggest some quick fixes to your code, Kyle. So that your program would be even better organised. :cool:
    Disclaimer: I do C# and Python, but IMO, VB isn't far away from C#. But syntax is different.

Long programming rant incoming, don't watch if you don't want.
    1. Better compress the zounds of variables at the start into dictionaries. They are cool. :grin:
    Code:
    Dictionary<string, int> factionRelations = new Dict... {{"Sarleon", 0}, {"Empire", 0}...};
    Dict... attributes = new Dict... {{"STR", 6}, {"AGI", 5}...};
    Dict... skills = ...;

It will free up some space and, more importantly,

2. Allow for/foreach looping in reset function(and anywhere you would need it).
    Without dicts:
    Code:
    powerStrike = 0;
    powerDraw = 0;
    ironflesh = 0;...for 20+ lines
    With dicts:
    Code:
    foreach (var keyValuePair in skills) {
        keyValuePair.Value = 0;
    }
    And then set only ones that aren't zeroed from the start.

3. Finish fixing Reason4Adventure. Some of the effects are adulthood-choice-independent, so you moved them in a separate method, which is good. Now call it once (before or after the dependent stat boosts), not inside every "if". :razz: So you end up having like 5 calls to the method in the code where only one will suffice.

4. Currently, methods change stats together with updating the GUI. This calls for separation, in my opinion. Since stats are only updated on pushing the button, just create another method which just updates all values to the GUI, called on button click. It could be like:
    Code:
    public void onClick(...) {
        ProcessGenderBox();
        ProcessFatherBox();
        ProcessReason4AdventureBox();
        UpdateValues();
    }
    Why do that? Firstly, it cleans up the methods which are actually changing stats, they are no longer clogged with StatValue.Text = StatInt.ToString(). Secondly, if two boxes changed the same stat, you will update it once, not twice(not that it hurts performance much, I'm being too nitpicky there :razz: ). Thirdly, it looks better. Finally, it is easier to de-bug.

All in all, I wish you to continue working on this (I never knew you could get 9 Persuasion from the start before :lol:). Because this tool is really useful and fun.

Edit: Remembered that maybe you could also add weapon proficiencies. I know some Native startup choices gice you boosts there, supposing PoP does the same here.
  8. Council Chambers: Ideas & Suggestions

How about adding games of football to tournaments? I bet the biggest problem might be coding the AI to kick the ball in the necessary direction though :razz:
  9. The Gulag: Bug Reports

In my game I had only 1 encounter with White Vaegirs, where I left them live. (Chosen the option "Live in your misery")
    Some time later, I spotted the Whites again and they had some high-lvl prisoners. So I naturally attacked. But the dialogue stuck after this:
    ty6JeFS.jpg
    Only Alt+F4 and restart. And after restart it happened again.
  10. Official Bug Report Thread

Some of cities/castles on the map are unreachable without Ctrl+Click, which can absolutely destroy gameplay.
    So the army of goddamn U.S. of A. decided to assemble itself near Louisville Fortifications. The marshal was somewhere hidden in the texture of the houses, and 6+ parties were stuck nearby, "Travelling".  :facepalm: Of course, this game the Yanks were totally wrecked. 
  11. Bug Reports

Somehow, my new run as a Vaegir horse archer went strange really soon. At the start of the game, there were absolutely no wars! :confused:(Barely got myself a merc contract because of that) Everyone was at peace and that hindered my troop upgrades early-game. Then, around a month has passed, and I saw (via Ctrl+T) only 1 or 2 caravans were on the whole map.

Problem: Every port city started spamming them ships. Now the exits are overcrowded with Royal Traders travelling to wherever, who cannot reach the city and stand around. So, land trade is no more (Khergits as the only exception, since they have no ports :wink:) and I cannot attack a ship to do the "Provoke war against X" quest. The run has almost frozen right now, I only hope that Crusaders or Loktin grab some land so a war could take place.

Please, fix this behaviour or at least put a limit on sea caravans avalible to a faction.

P.S. Vaegir just made a trade agreement with Khergit. Yep, considering all your caravans are stuck outside Rivacheg. Brilliant.

P.P.S. I attacked a city patrol to cause provocation, but after Surrender or die! the pre-battle interface only showed me the "Change commander" and "Leave" options. I couldn't pick up a fight with these guys, the quest considered itself completed, though.
Back
Top Bottom