Search results for query: *

1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 13 - Weekending

Really? 160,000 downloads of a SINGLE mod on a SINGLE mod website somehow proves that most players don't use mods? The opposite is true. ModDB is around the same size as Nexus and the Steam Workshop is hosting mods now as well. The workshop is point and click to install, so there is no barrier whatsoever for someone of any skill level to use mods. Floris isn't even the most popular; that would be A New Dawn or Silverstag IIRC which are both very impressive improvements to Native. Not to mention that a lot of mods, Floris probably included, use an external download hoster because Nexus and ModDB hosting is lacking.

You completely missed my point about the expansions if you think it was invalidated by saying that they were made by modders. That is exactly what I'm talking about. Taleworlds has been putting minimal effort into this game ever since the day they released it. Patches were few and far between, and the fact that they would endorse the "expansions" shows how little regard they have for their customers. It's why I fear Bannerlord to be little more than a new money printer now that Warband sales have finally dropped off. If they could outsource it to some nameless 3rd party they surely would.

You're a fool if you think another studio couldn't make a competitor to M&B with only small effort. There are very few real design hurdles between a regular RPG and a medieval game like M&B. Bethesda swaps between Elder Scrolls and Fallout using the same team and the same engine with no issues whatsoever. If Skyrim's engine were overlayed with M&B's party system, management, and instancing it would blow M&B out of the water.
  2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 13 - Weekending

The whole design process of this game is very strange to me. For example, why were they working on music before they were even comfortable showing gameplay footage? Music should be the very last thing added to the game and honestly I don't think very many people care about it at all, most mods use their own music anyway. Why didn't work start on Bannerlord back in 2007? They spent 9 years BSing with the same rehashed game before they finally decided it was time to make a sequel, why? I don't think many people bought the expansion packs, I know I certainly didn't after realizing that Fire & Sword is worse than the European mods people made.

If it was me doing this I would work quickly to release the base game and get the code out to modders so they could start making stuff before the game is even released. You'd be a fool to think that M&B would be at all successful without the impressive dedication of modders. And then after it is released they should release expansions that actually offer something new - for example, modern firearms or vehicles, that can be used by modders rather than design mods themselves which turn out like garbage and make you wonder why you just wasted $20 on a game you already own. Taleworlds needs to realize that the market has changed since last they released a game - there are starting to be some competitors. None of them are all that refined at this point - but god help them if the Arma people or an actual big studio put resources into a game like Mount and Blade. It's getting hard to not feel negative about not seeing anything new about this game since what was it, December? Even if they just filmed the developers working on models or something that would be better than silence for 6 months.
  3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

My bad, I didn't see that the dual wielding was a joke (thank god). As for dropping, I see what you're saying that it makes no sense to be carrying around a gigantic lance / pike but I just don't think there's a better solution that doesn't add tedious and annoying nuances to the game. I very much agree that sheathing needs better animations and mechanics.

But for me the bigger issue I wish they would address is an armor hitbox and penetration system. The current HP based system made sense in 2007; but nowadays there's so many better alternatives. World of Tanks / Warthunder are good examples of a penetration and hitbox system that could be applied rather easily to M&B. It would be awesome for weapons like rapiers to behave somewhat like they did in real life.
  4. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time

After reading through some of these suggestions I am really glad that 1) None of you are doing anything related to developing this game and 2) That the actual developers don't seem interested in implementing any of this cancer and ruining arguably the best Medieval game ever made. Dual wielding? Are you serious? Did you just watch Star Wars and now you are a master swordsman? Dropping weapons to use a new one? Wtf? This is pure anti-fun. This benefits no one and makes no sense. Ever heard of a sheath? You know that things you put your sword in so you can use your hands? Or a belt? Some people...
  5. Is this mod playable in its state?

I wouldn't recommend tweaking armor values to compensate for archers at all - they really don't seem underpowered in groups. If you are trying to use a scattering of a few archers then yes you are going to have a bad day; but in ranks and set up on terrain like they are supposed to be they will mow infantry down. If you are expecting archers to stop an armored cavalry charge you are going to be disappointed. If you are expecting archers to kill Rhodok Champions you will also be disappointed.
  6. Bug Reports

Got 2 weird bugs in 0.62:

- Freelancers set as infantry somehow spawning with horses; they also will mount any horses they can find on the battlefield. So far I have only seen the bottom regular Freelancers do this.

- Randomly getting close-quarters spawn; like all my troops and all the enemy troops spawn together in a huge mob in the bottom left corner of the map in field battles. It only happens with certain enemies on certain places on the map.
  7. Companion skills and weapons

I give the weak skillers lances and coursers only because it enables them to get lucky shots in and earn exp on higher level enemies. The combat companions I just equip to match up with the rest of my troops
  8. V0.62 has been released!

Gotcha, maybe I will send something to the mini-mods or Floris
  9. V0.62 has been released!

Wow, that's awesome!! Lots of goodies people were requesting!! Best mod just got better

Do you have a donate link, and if so, do you take BTC?
  10. Kolkar clan

It's Spirit Champions and Master of the Way that have shield and 1h sword; it doesn't matter to the AI but when you use them in a long battle they just run out of arrows and are pretty useless
  11. Blood loss

Salmonsy said:
    Have you looked at the armor reduction and soak values? A headshot with a 100p damage crossbow does like 20 damage to a heavy armor unit. When it's a headshot mind you, body shots deal around 10 damage or so. That with the hp buff in battles means that you would need around 10 headshots to kill a knight, for example. If bleeding wasn't present in this mod, you'd have even longer battles.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Try duelling King Graveth or Senjar Khan before you say something as dumb as that. Senjar took my charger down with 2 arrows and dealt me 137 damage through a 69 armor helmet.
  12. Kolkar clan

Am I the only one who has never even had them take land? I have played about 1000 days so far on 3 characters and not once have Kolkars even formed an army. Black Khergits form an army every other week, Barbarians and Junmans pretty common too, but never once Kolkars.

I wish they would be nerfed just a bit, like down to ~600 denars a week for Master of the Way, and also replace the shield and sword with a polearm as a shield is much less useful for an archer than more arrows
  13. Discussions and Suggestions

So, bottom line the sword in the gif wasn't a real Japanese sword. You saying a real one would have performed worse is fine and dandy, but it's also completely unverifiable.

And if you really want to believe that 40 troops just sat there and slaughtered 1000 "armed to the teeth" pirates, go ahead and do so. That would mean each Spanish troop on average killed over 20 men with with melee weapons. If that was possible peasant revolts would never have been a problem; peasants aren't armed to the teeth at all, but peasant revolts did happen, and they sometimes succeeded.
  14. Discussions and Suggestions

Replying to the above post: just out of curiosity what is the source of that gif? It would be interesting to see how both of those swords were made; just because they are both in the correct shapes doesn't necessarily indicate whether the Japanese sword was made by the "master swordsmiths" of Japan according to their tradition, in fact I highly doubt someone would purposely ruin a sword worth thousands of dollars for one test.

And as far as proving that samurai armor and weapons are worse than European ones; a battle from 1582 mainly using firearms isn't what I would consider a good example. It seemed more to me like a ship-to-ship encounter between ragtag pirates and Spanish soldiers, and the 40 vs. 1000 number you came up with didn't seem to be specifically referenced in the article. Not saying you are wrong in your assertions, but I just think the conclusion you are drawing is more than a bit speculative. It certainly isn't surprising that old gifted Portuguese firearms were inferior to brand new Spanish ones.
  15. Blood loss

Salmonsy said:
    Well everyone gets a huge buff to HP when the battle starts (if you press tab and then don't retreat, your HP value will change to what it actually is on the character sheet I believe), the blood loss is there to balance high hp/almost impenetrable armor out a bit I'd say. Sure, it's annoying when you get hit in the beginning of a long battle but on the other hand, in native and most other mods that stray bolt/arrow/bullet (that dealt 10 dmg in A New Dawn + the bleeding) will most likely take at least 30-50% of your hp. Or 100% if it is a headshot.

The high hp and armor is already negated by the high damage weapons and buffed NPC stats. The strongest NPCs in Native max at around, what, 250 in weapon skills? There are NPCs in this mod that are pushing 750. And weapons have received a near 2x damage buff as well. Bleeding is unnecessary
  16. HOW OP are Juggernauts?

They're alright, but like most mercs they cost more than they are worth. If you are looking for heavy cavalry twilight knights are better and have lances, if you want shock troops for sieges champions and blood lords are better, what they are good at is being versatile. They hardly ever die and they are great for rounding up prisoners as they never kill anything and are fast.
  17. Discussions and Suggestions

I have a few suggestions:

- Alternative to Blood Lord with shield and one-hander axe

- Make Bandit armies much rarer to spawn; and have around 300-400 troops rather than 1000+, the reason being by day 100 a full third of my map has been taken over by bandit factions and the official factions are pretty much defenseless to these hordes. Barbarians and Black Khergits in particular seem nearly impossible to deal with. Khergits and Vaegirs are quickly becoming endangered races; Vaegirs only have 1 town left and a few castles

- Upgrade to Myrmidon with ~450 weapon stats, access to plate armors, repeating crossbows, and decent melee weapons, weekly wage somewhere in the 300-600 range

- Cattle accompany rather than driving

- Make quest bandits slower and not fight with other parties as often

Back
Top Bottom