Search results for query: *

1. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

If your character has a Targayen background at character creation you'll get the"Neutral" troop tree.
  2. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Setting shadows on plants to full or grass off in video options worked for me and other players.
  3. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Thanks for this information KiriKaneko, very useful. Many mods, many differences in the mechanics, I have tons of fiefs and I'm crushing Vale that has a lot of very good Lords. Now I know how to poach them. In Pendor, for instance which I've played a lot, you poach lords by capturing them, if they like you you can get them to join your faction. This is what keeps the game fresh, not all the same mechanics.
  4. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I don't have anything to do with the mod, I'm just a supporter. The creator is a university student I believe, and he'll have more time to work on the mod this summer, I think he's doing most or all of it by himself. There is a castle building feature.
  5. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

VigneshAnthuvan said:
    Can someone enlist the Good Lords in ACOK v4.0?

Yes you can, you have to have decent right to rule, high honor and renown, fiefs available and not a weakling faction. The upstanding ones will never change their liege, but you can get good natured ones under certain conditions. If their original faction is defeated, when they switch to another faction, and it looks like it is getting stomped, they will sometimes join you. And I've found a few of these lords, after their faction is defeated, wandering around with a full army and your colors and faction name. They didn't show up in my court, you have to talk to them and accept them. They usually have been hanging around their old faction, sometimes in the woods, so you should be patrolling and watching for guys like this, there are so many of these similar faction colors, some to yours, they're easy to overlook . Keep in mind they won't want to join a lost cause or a jerk, you have to have a high relation to them and high honor.
  6. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

KiriKaneko, I see a lot of the Lords from wiped out factions joining elsewhere, but only a few at a time and it takes months. As to Lords without fiefs staying with a faction, they seem to stay unless they're angry. I've never got a Lord from a wiped out faction to join me, but I've been able to get a few good ones like Mary Mertyns to join from a faction they've just joined that has no fiefs to give and is getting beat bad. I've been asking my chancellor about faction lords and find the unhappy ones that are good- natured, but it's very time consuming and there aren't many of them. I've got all kinds of fiefs to give out, but it's really hard to do anything with only a few lords to defend so much territory.
  7. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Reply to Sergio, no, didn't take any prisoners, I didn't have negative relations with any factions. Strange, I just did similar about an hour ago aiding a North Lord against the Vale, Vale was =4, North 0, before the battle, only change was a gain in relations with North, no minus to Vale. Immediately after, aided North villagers and 1 Northern lord against Vale, result was same, gain to North relations, no change, still +  4 Vale. I guess I'm a bit puzzled how this works, I can't remember it in other mods, although many of them don't allow you to take part in battles where you can aid either side.
  8. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I've found several bugs, I'll post them later when I get more time in the mod, however there's one serious bug I will mention right off. If your kingdom has good relations with a faction, and this faction is in a battle with a faction that you're not at war with but want to be, if you aid your friends, they're the ones that are suddenly hostile to you, -50, not the neutral faction. I've had this happen twice, aiding the Reach, +25, they're the ones that are now your enemy. Reloaded , tried again, same result. 100 days later, different factions, same result, aiding friends makes them a hostile faction.

Edit a day later,

I hesitated to post this because I don't know if it's my fault or not and I haven't seen other people mention it. I have all the Warband  campaign and battle settings A.I and such, on high or best. Mod settings minor changes, but the enemy faction armies drive me crazy with their passive behavior. 75% of the time they just park in a corner hugging the invisible map, can't be provoked into attacking. Archers many times on the other side of the invisible wall plinking at you. Charging the enemy results in a pile-up at the invisible wall and then enemy reinforcements spawn right in the middle of this mess. Tactics are out of the question unless you want to cheese it by bringing an army of  predominately ranged. I might have caused this in the mod camp settings, but I don't see how.
    Bandit parties of any size act normally, only faction armies do this.
  9. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

KiriKaneko said:
    I won't be using a bow. I only just found out that heavy armor gimps your archery so I'll edit my file to refund my stats. I guess it was for the sake of balance, but I wish stuff like this was more clear from the start XD

I've found some heavy armors in the Volantis and Myr towns with no penalties. For instance I've seen one that was 57+22 with a bonus of 2+2 to armor, several Thick Chain Hauberk 46+ 17, 2+2, 44+15, a few others, all with no penalties. Essos towns seems the best place for  armors with no penalties and bows.
  10. Zann Dynasty

I really like the Zann invasion, you just have to fight them sensibly instead of Banzai charging them. If there's a whole pack of them you can split off 1 or 2 away from the others by getting between a strung out line of armies and lure them far enough away from the others to pick them off 1 by 1 without getting piled on . Path-finding is one of the most important skills to have in this mod, riding circles and splitting up doom stacks can usually work. I also sometimes move up archers to the top of my army if a single Zann army looks especially vulnerable to ranged, like the ones that have no mounted troops but lots of spearmen. The mercenary Stalker girls and better Elintor archers destroy them. I had no problem destroying all of them by myself with a 200 man army, they were stomping my faction, the Elintor, but patience and splitting their stacks up worked easily. I use the retreat button a lot when it's to my advantage, to get better terrain or before getting over-whelmed just like real commanders did.  The Zann invasion is great fun just the way it is now.
  11. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

The siege system had me puzzled a bit a couple days ago, I was tired and rage quit because I was losing my very best troops on auto-calc similar to what you described. I slept on it and tried again, what I'm learning (I think) is you have to do all the defensive stuff first, sanitation, defenses, etc 2 hours each, then mantelets. Results much better, I don't have all that many losses, probably less than a regular assault, sometimes after doing all that stuff you'll seize the place without a fight. I generally hate any kind of auto-calc in Warband because of the horrible results. This system seems OK now that I've tried it, but I hate not being able to give individual categories of troop commands in the assault, archers aren't that great in melee. I'm still figuring out the system but I'm OK with it now.
  12. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

1. You can get fast sabres and scimitars in Dorne lands.

2. If you're talking about the battle from the quest for the Brotherhood without Banners , yes, but train up your troops fighting bandits first. I admit to importing a character which I do on new releases of a mod I'm not familiar with. You will have a negative relation with the Westerlands after winning this fight. This suited  me to a "T".

I'm really liking this mod, it is very polished so far and the various options you can use to customize the game options to your liking shows a lot of respect for the player base.
  13. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Thorvald said:
    Mod looks fantastic, but I appear to have an issue regarding textures or rendering or something along those lines. For me whenever I join a battle all of the foliage (I think they're supposed to be bushes?) appears as white polygons all over the map. Does anyone have any guesses as to why these are appearing?

F6yoyxm

Turning grass off in game options worked for me, just lowering the settings didn't work, I had to turn it completely off.
  14. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

I'm having another problem, I've wiped out the Westland faction, they were at war with multiple factions, but I captured most of their lands. Anyway, I desperately need Lords, I only have Brienne and 2 good-guy Lannister men. Joffrey's in my prison, said on the notes he joined my faction, no way he's going to rot LOL. My other companions are too low level  for now. 100 days after the faction elimination the Westland lords are hiding out with 4 or 5 troops, they won't join any other faction. I see in the patch notes " Fixed an issue where some Lords would stay as part of an eliminated faction." I'd sure like to snag a couple of them, I talk to them with a high persuasion skill, and 100 relations with many of them, but they still want to stay with their wiped out faction and stupidly try to raid my towns with their 5 men. If there's no way to get lords from defeated factions, or any other, it is hopeless to try to start your own kingdom, companions aren't enough and it takes them a very long time to get any efficiency at all, with the exception of Brienne.

Edit: Another 150 days in game, no change for the defeated faction lords, however the problem I thought I had with snagging lords is resolved. Dorne is getting smashed by the Reach, down to 1 town, and I was able to convince 5 of their very upstanding lords to my cause.

Couple other things I've noticed, not a criticism, but just to aid you in being aware of them,.
    1. There is no access to the prison in Arbor that I could see, so rescuing captured lords problematic.
    2. Casterly Rock has some path-finding problems for assaulting troops. A short stone stairway in particular is used by defenders coming down to fight your troops can't be used by your assault force. They can slaughter your troops with ranged weapons without your infantry being able to retaliate, they just run in place.
  15. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

I"m enjoying the mod, good job on making such a large map smooth, I was worried about lag, but no problem. Anyway, after defeat of several of the enemy lords on the screen where you talk to them they many times say "I'm busy" and you have no speech option to say anything to them or capture or release them. They automatically get away when this screen shows up, but it's not happened with every single after battle speech.

-The maesters are very, very rare, the only one that seems to be consistently available is at Winterfell.

-I haven't figured out the book reading mechanic, supposedly you have to find someone to teach you to read, I've been in most throne rooms looking for maesters and I've never seen anyone that fits the description of a reading teacher.

16. UllrVetr Bow

Odd, I got the bow, Wolfbode was defeated by a Ravenstern blob without my help. The bow did not disappear. He spawned again, I fought him along with a Ravenstern Lord, then executed him after capture, I still have the bow. Maybe karma, the Ravenstern Lord rescued 300 prisoners and they immediately declared war on the Fierds who I was helping as a merc because the D'shar were playing with them like a pinata, smashing them easily. Beat the Ravenstern guy, Carolus, but it seems I've caused a world war, Sarleon has piled on the Fierds too, who seem to be very weak and helpless this time around. I never use auto-calc and I'm still a bit mystified on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the factions this time around.
  17. Ship is stuck in colony

Did you try clicking on the colony name? I get stuck sometimes and rather than clicking on beach, the name of the colony instead gives me an option to sail away then set sail.
  18. Bug Reporting HQ

I was waiting for the Sarranids to take Jerusalem from the Crusaders, then I would attack them. Too buggy, they took the city, message on screen Sarranids have taken Jerusalem, it was wrong, it intstantly filled up with the exact same Crusader garrison it had before the siege, no change except for all the Sarranid losses, and they all ran away.  Lots of stuck Mithridians, Vaegirs (why are they there) and Swadians on the islands.
  19. B Medieval Medieval Conquests

Only a very few bugs so far. Saw a shirtless guy in tavern named Chest, and fought a shirtless Steward in a tournament. Is there any way to turn off the script that keeps re-naming your character to some random nobody?
  20. So.. Is peace possible?

Hmm, that's odd, I have Sarleon down to 2 towns and 2 castles and all their bad-tempered lords in jail. They've been begging for peace every day for a month now, I always refuse, I'm delaying on finishing them off while I train my CKO. D'Shar is looking a bit scary because they're close to wiping out Bacchus.
Back
Top Bottom