Search results for query: *

1. Pubgoons

Back in June or something somebody posted a thread about him leading the pubgoons. I have seen them mentioned a few times since. Are the pubgoons still around? Is anyone in charge? How do I play as a dragoon in a line battle? Off topic, didn't there used to be a process where pub players could...
  2. Skrimishers?

I am rather new to the mod and just playing around with all classes about even, but Ive got a question about skirmishers. When playing as a skirmisher is it best to be in front of or behind your line troops? After trying to "skirmish" and run ahead of everyone else I kept getting destroyed by...
  3. Khergits on a whole new level of Sucking

Wow, I just faced Khergits in full fog for the first time, it sucks quite a bit... especially since I was equipped with seige equipment (Board shield, Crossbow, Throwing Axes, Bolts).  The whole part about them completely encompassing you, then firing missiles is pretty devestating.  The only...
  4. Physics Question

I admitedly have never looked at the source code or even attempted moding, I like vanilla (and 1066 mod) just the way they are.  My question is whether the game currently keeps track of where your shield is in space.  Same question for your weapon. I am asking of course because I am wondering...
  5. New GPU

I recieved this computer I am now on as a gift.  Unfortunatly, this computer has come with integrated graphics but is otherwise a near top-o-the-line machine.  I have always had pretty decent video cards and I have never had to purchase one.  I need help selecting a card from the plethera of...
  6. Hidden Events affecting Economy

To the best of my limited knowledge economy in M&B is near non-existant, one idea I came up with to make it more complex + interesting is hidden events manipulating the prices and wealthiness of towns/villages. By that I mean have the production of a certain item in a certain town severly...
  7. Infantry vs. Mounted Combat

Whenever I attempt to strike at the rider of a standing horse with a pike/spear with a thrusting attack it always seems to either be blocked by some invisible shield or it does 0-2 damage, am I doing something wrong?  Of course I can still strike at a rider who is galloping with decent damage...
  8. Haaalp! Advice on Difficulty

At the difficulty I am playing on vanilla it seems like there some weapons/roles are better than others, it kinda seems like this bear in mind this is *only for the player* Horse Archer>Mounted Swordsmen>Infantry Archers>Mounted Lancer>Foot 2H Axe>Foot 2H Sword>Foot 1H Sword>Foot 2H Maul>Foot...
  9. Color problems

This is a problem I have always had but have grown accustom to and forgot to mention on the forums. Does anybody else have their character have two-toned hair with the second color being green, or have the left side of a person be a tan and the other a light green?  I will try to post a...
  10. Stupid Question

Why do spears get a speed bonus?  Sure it makes sense using physics, but wouldn't you get more force by standing still and throwing all of your weight into the spear?  at least for the longer spears. Sorry I just had to ask.
  11. The Fifth Inventory Slot

As some people may have noticed that I dislike using 2H axes and soloing entire armies on horseback.  Normally my builds consist of a spear, a shield, a very short secondary weapon, and a throwing weapon. But honestly, I hate throwing weapons, they are effective when used en masse but 7...
  12. Mod Question

I am putting this here because it is such a noobish question. I just got the mod in the past couple months meaning I got ~version 1 on disk.  A lot of the interesting mods are for much older version of M&B, is there any ways I can play these?
  13. Nordic Seiges

In all the seiges I have fought against the Nords, well quite frankly they completely massacured me and my army.  Every time they had only a small handfull of archers.  I have since tried bringing only infantrymen with shields and it has worked much better than before, are long ranged weapons...
  14. Is it just me or....

.... is this game really unbalanced? Although it may be fun for some people to play as a horse archer, or a mounted 2H swordsman, I like playing some of the other roles, and I can't help but feel penalized for it. Certain weapons, such as the polearms, are simply terrible when matched up...
Back
Top Bottom