Search results for query: *

1. the god test

Anubis

Indeed, you are 83% erudite, 58% sensual, 41% martial, and 70% saturnine.

Anubis was the Egyptian God of funerary rituals and the protector of the dead as well as the judge of souls and ruler of the underworld. Since it was his duty to weigh souls (along with the Goddess Maat) as a means of discovering the content of honesty, Anubis was also the God of truth.
    He is usually seen as a man with the head of a jackal holding the divine sceptre carried by kings and Gods, but he can also be found on the walls of tombs as a black jackal or dog accompanying Isis. By no means an evil God, his domain of graves and tombs was nevertheless a frightening one, but then, one that offered the chance of an afterlife.

But why did the Egyptian God of the Dead have the head of a jackal? Well, jackals have the uncomfortable habit of lurking about tombs and graves, which was one of the reasons why the Egyptians sought to make their tombs more elaborate; to keep the bodies safe from the rather smart black canines. It is only natural therefore that a God of mummification would be connected with them. By worshipping Anubis, they hoped to invoke him to protect their deceased and assure their safe journey through the underworld, his domain.
  2. United States Marine Corps

There's an interesting research paper on the psychology of suicide bombers by an American anthropologist that someone posted up on another forum, which states that among other things a sense of persecution drives suicide bombers (although its interesting to note that poverty and lack of education don't seem to be factors). American foreign policy has certainly allowed a sense of persecution to grow, even if it is not directly persecuting Muslims.

http://www.interdisciplines.org/terrorism/papers/1
  3. Parry or blocking proficiency

I like this idea-in my opinion it would imporove combat,make it more dynamic.

My personal opinion is, if the game gets dumbed down even more, it's gonna end up at the crapyard. There's a strong competition in the hack'n'slash area these days.

In my opinion, adding this proficiency wouldn't dumb down the combat, or give the player an unfair advantage. The ai characters can have high proficiencies; the knights, for example, have all their proficiencies at about 100-200. Higher level enemies would be better at fighting if this idea was implemented.
  4. Falling over - and bonuses for large weapons

I always thought it was a bit odd to have men an inch from death fighting with all the vigour of those who are fully healthy. A simple way to introduce injuries having an effect would simply be to have it so after your character lost half health s/he would have a slower attack speed, a slower movement speed (and perhaps a limping animation) and be less accurate with ranged weapons. Should be pretty easy to implement as well.
  5. SP Sci-Fi Apocalypse Age of Ash

This mod sounds cool; I like Oubliette's renegade police idea-their parties could consist of average grunt type cops, with batons and ragged, bastardized uniforms, more elite riot police with armour, batons and shields and armed police with guns and kevlar style armour.

Also, imho, you shouldn't have any equipment which goes beyond current day technology levels. I'd imagine the more advanced stuff would be much harder to mod, and I can't see how it would fit in; if the contempory style weapons are implemented realisiticly than they're going to kill most enemies in a few shots, which would mean that more advanced technology would be overkill.

but thats just my opinion-it's your mod afterall.
  6. Introduction/Hello thread

Hi everyone

I've been lurking here since I got the game a few months back-it's great, more fun than games three times the price-and have got round to registering. I'm looking forward to further releases (and mods).
Back
Top Bottom