Search results for query: *

1. TPW - Original Thread (locked)

I accidentally voted for the top option in the poll, but I really want all the factions. This is because with the Greek city states, all these nations were tiny anyways, with one main city and perhaps a few outlying villages.
  2. SP Other Brick and Blade: Status update.

BadabombadaBang said:
    Err some of the new lego knights look quite nice but when they talk it makes me want to ram a rusty shovel up the peoples asses
    who came up with the idea where legos where supposed to talk  :mad: anyways hope you continue your work ill be waiting  :cool:

Legos have talked for years. Check it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIXByCAIzos

Sorry for the double post by the way.
  3. SP Other Brick and Blade: Status update.

Commander said:
    So with the factions, are they going to be divided into troop structure? like what 1 will be primarily heavy cavalry, Strong footmen, Archers? Things like that or will they all be a healthy mix of everything?

Or maybe it could be the different sets of Lego medieval sets that have been done. Every few years, lego revamps the designs and stories and setting and such, so there's been quite a few different medieval setting lego sets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Castle That has a list of the revisions and such, although not many images. Best to just google image search the revisions you are interested in.
  4. Mount&Blade in linux

Works mostly ok, there are a few graphical glitches (at least for me, since I have to use directx7 rendering) the only large issue is that the mouselook camera hits invisible walls, and it's very annoying in combat, frequently making it so you cannot even see your opponents.
  5. Mount and blade on Apple

when you install a virtual machine :razz:
  6. Where did you hear about Mount&Blade??

I found from site with links to blender games, back when some part of the game was made with blender. It's the only promising game I found then still being worked on.
  7. avatar and signatures

Could we get some basic rules up on these? Like 128x128 max for an avatar, and 128-200x640 for sigs. Many of the sigs and avs are really big, and it messes up how the forum formats, along with looking ugly.
  8. Giant Spiders in iraq? This is crazy!!!

Those are camel spiders, although they aren't technically spiders. You'll notice they are much smaller than they look, being help on the tip of something by the hand and arm you see in the foreground. They don't eat humans either.
  9. flaming becomes illegal in the us

But besides selling penguins on the black market, there really isn't anyway to have a modern country located there :/ I am thinking that when/if I am a successful businessman, a good choice would be a several thousand acre Canadian island a few hours from Seattle, WA, USA. There would be fishing, logging, farming (to a point, probably not for export unless we sell organic type stuff :/) and tourism, along with web services (there's more people than you would think who will pay for secure offshore hosting in a stable neutral country, it's like the Swiss bank accounts of the web)

As for the government, since the country will not be broken up into territories, and there will probably only be one city (a port with an airport) there will be a a kingly type figurehead, with some power, but most will be in a small body of 11 or so (no more than 15) people. The Us has a huge amount of politicians and such, and it helps no one. It is just more people to argue over things.

Depending on the size of the country, there may or may not be full size cars, more likely motorcycles or something will be the main form of transportation (a few thousand acres is not that big really, but quite enough for a small mostly self sufficient country)

Immigration will be limited, and applicants will have to go through a basic screening. Laws will be made in a modern manner, not tied to decades old standards that are out of date.

It will be a neutral country, trading with just about anyone who wants to, but trade with certain countries may be restricted (being governed by the Us through trade is something to avoid, don't want to get too involved/dependent) As for the military, there will be a token force at all times (if the population was 2k, then perhaps 50 full time people), by volunteering only, with a single branch controlling it all.

I intend to plan out a public transportation system to best any in the world, saving energy and saving space that would otherwise be used for cars full of one person :/

Building would be heavily restricted in most zones, due to that fact that space is extremely limited, so underground and skyscraper type buildings will be preferred (meh, we could have 3, one for all the government stuff and such, and 2 for the rest of the populance to live in.) There would also be codes in lace to make sure the buildings are up to snuff and such.

As for taxes (that touchy subject) they'll depend, I don't intend to pay people in politics huge sums like they are paid in the US, but money will be needed to finance public projects, and my personal fortune can only go so far :/ Money will also be needed for a rainy day fund, and for financing another island to expand too, I intend to buy an island close to other large islands, so I can buy them when needed.

School will be different from most systems, with public schooling being held to high standards, small classroom sizes, and will be shorter than most school systems, starting at six and ending at 16, with college/uni optional (there will have to be good study abroad options) as there probably wouldn't be enough people to warrant more than one college.
    Schooling would be general until 14, with the last 2 years being vocational type stuff, courses you choose depending on what you are interested in doing.

More to come?

I think I should make a blog with this stuff on it, to keep it organized, anyone know ruby that wants to help program a simple flat text blogging engine?

Edit: This mexican island might work :grin: http://www.goin2travel.com/islands.htm Seems a bit hilly and arid though, but the size and price are good :grin:
  10. flaming becomes illegal in the us

I am an American, I was not able to vote in the last election (though I would have voted for Bush, he was better than Kerry...) It is due to laws like these that I intend to start my own country. No joke, when I can afford an island, up goes my flag. I think it'll be blue and grey, with black...

Manboy86: That was defintaely typed correctly "best thing going down" as in literally, this country is falling apart due to the stupidity of prettymuch everyone.

More to come?
  11. how about fire arrows

Lord Jaden: this isn't aim, please type words out fully, it improves searchability and readability.

I think fire arrows would be cool, but something best left till the game is nearing completion.
  12. Dual arrows

It's usually good to be a nitpicker, it improves us all. You are correct though, they are not abbreviated like that.
  13. Linux

The good thing (I guess you can call it a good thing...) about linux virii is that due to linux's inherent nature, it can only edit that users files, devastating to the user perhaps (is they didn't backup) but easily fixable for the admin.

The reason mount and blade is not easily portable to linux is that it uses directx for most of it's things, porting it would require a rewrite of almost the whole codebase to something like sdl. Heh, I remember when this was going to be a blender game... It's come a looooong way sing then.
  14. Linux

I see little flames springing up above chains's head :shock:
  15. changing start armor?

Can I do it with the module system though?
  16. changing start armor?

Say I wanted to make a cheat character, what would I change to make his start with the best armor, or if I wanted to make a whole different culture and he'd need some other style of armor, what would I do?
  17. Dual arrows

meters I believe. I never said the english double knocked, I doubt longbows would work well with it, as you have stated, but I think the khergit raiders and such should be able to do this.
  18. Dual arrows

I don't see why everyone is agaisnt this, the chinese and mongols did this quite often with their recurve and crossbows. Power is prettymuch the same, but accuracy drops by probably a quarter.
  19. python code: creating characters w/trainer (updated 1/9/06)

This is a cool way to integrate cheating into the game, I like it :grin: Although not for all players, many will get a lot of fun out of this (including me).
  20. Joined Vaegir - Lost half of my men!!

Perhaps it could have been because half your men were swadians?
Back
Top Bottom