Search results for query: *

1. Mount and blade: Warband wont start up on steam.

Sir Cheswick II said:
    Just installed direct x as well. Works now, everyone should try this.

Updating ActiveX did the trick.

Warband wouldn't launch at all, I came here to see if others were having the same issue.  I wasn't able to find a rgl_config.txt file anywhere on my machine so that wasn't any help.

Saw your post, updated ActiveX and now I'm back in business.  Thanks!
  2. Possible Auto-Garrison Bug

Giving troops to a lord in the field causes them to be added to his retinue (i.e., the troops he drags around with him).
  3. 2nd best archers/bow men

A potentially helpful hint: you can change the command keys.

I was hitting the dismount much too often so I moved it to F11 (out of the way) and moved "blunt weapons only" command to F4.
  4. Troop Tree for Lords and Realms v1.504 (UPDATED)

Shjn said:
    If any error found, please let me know, I'll correct it, thanks

Did we lose the graphic for the Swadians, Vaegirs and Rhodoks?

BTW, I've seen your artwork in SoD and I think it's fantastic stuff.  Makes me feel like I'm playing a new game, not just a mod.  Your contribution is very much appreciated.

Edit:  Nevermind, the images are rendering now.  Either my brain or the Internet was broken for a second.
  5. [V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

4.1 Final #2, typo in troops.txt.

Villianese_Regular_Ifantry should be Villianese_Regular_Infantry

Keep up the good work guys, you crank out enhancements faster than I'd believe possible.
  6. [V4.1] Sword of Damocles - Invasion 4.1

Download link on first page isn't working.  I'll assume that it's a temporary thing and will try back later, but can someone confirm that the link is correct?

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=1&id=1207
  7. Vassal Faction Issues due to Castle Take & Give

I've got a castle assigned to a vassal and every so often I want to upgrade it so I take it away, manage it and then give it back.  Unfortunately, I've taken a permanent faction hit with the vassal on a couple of occasions and now he really hates me (-44). I'm guessing this is a know issue, but...
  8. Deciphering item_kinds1.txt

Okay, gave your gem of a ruby script a whirl and it's EXACTLY what I was looking for.  I can now evaluate all the weapon properties in an easy to read table.  Thanks for sharing the code.

P.S.  Get it?  Gem of a ruby script?  Hah!
  9. Deciphering item_kinds1.txt

kt0 said:
    You can use the item editor for doing such things but comparing values is a pain because you have to choose sometimes very widely distributed things out of a giant list box.  I solved the issue by writing a couple scripts which you can find here:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,59985.0.html.

Even if you don't like the CSV files that it spits out, all the parsing code is there.  Feel free to reverse engineer my reverse engineering.

Hey thanks man.  I think this might be the ticket.  CSV is what I had in mind.
  10. Deciphering item_kinds1.txt

Not a mod development question, but one that probably requires modding expertise to answer... I'm playing SoD and there are quite a few new/changed weapons.  I'd like to parse out the item_kinds.txt file to get all the weapon stats and characteristics in a nice neat table.  I have blowing...
  11. 1h/2h weapons... 35% penalty when used one handed?

I thought I read somewhere that there's a 35% damage and speed penalty when you use those 1h/2h weapons (bastard sword, etc.) with only one hand.  Truth or fiction?
  12. Modifying "Wander from position" value

Okay, the title makes no sense I know, but bear with me. When you issue the "Hold Here" command your troops line up all nice and orderly.  If they engage in melee though, they can wander a good 10 feet or so away from their mark.  I'd like to find where the value is specified for how far away...
  13. Thanks TaleWorlds

Great game! I love the mounted combat and the freedom of the sandbox.  I get a thrill out of seeing a hundred men clashing on the battlefield.  I appreciate that you've made the game mod friendly, the Lords and Realms mod is keeping things fresh for me.  Mount and Blade is a winner in my book...
  14. Renouncing oath to your king

I swore loyalty to the kergit king.  Shortly after that, I realized they're at war with everyone and are down to one city.  If I renounce my oath, do I end up with -40 faction with the kergits? Does my faction with the other kingdoms improve or stay at -40? I'm concerned that if I tell the...
  15. Changing Model/Skin for Winged Helm?

Because the winged great helm offers (slightly) better protection.  If I can switch the skin in 30 seconds then that's what I'd prefer to do.  If I can't, then I will in fact switch helms.
  16. Changing Model/Skin for Winged Helm?

Ringwraith #5 said:
    Very easily. You take the winged helm off and put a great helm on. :lol:

Ah, thanks.  Hadn't thought of that.

Seriously though, I'd think I could rename a skin file, or perhaps make an adjustment to one of the script files.  That's the kind of pointer I'm looking for.
  17. Changing Model/Skin for Winged Helm?

I play in third-person view and I find that the winged helm takes up an annoying amount of screenspace.  I'd like to replace the helm skin that's used when on the battlefield and in towns/taverns with something else, perhaps the great helm.  Is this something that's easily accomplished?
  18. Using Spears Effectively

Lots of good info here, I appreciate the replies.

Yeah... I think the problem I'm having is that once my opponent closes the gap I'm pretty much stuck trying to create some space between them and myself and it's not happening.  The consensus seems to be that I need to start swinging instead of poking, or switch weapons.
  19. Using Spears Effectively

IntelHydralisk said:
    Couched damage...

And are you on foot or mounted.

I should have specified...

I can couch polearms fairly well, my question is primarily related to combat on-foot.
  20. Using Spears Effectively

I've got this idea in my head that I can learn to use a spear effectively, but it's not going so well.  I typically turn into the "one point prodding wonder", tickling the enemy for a single point of damage per thrust. I know there are game mechanics issues, but I've also read that some people...
Back
Top Bottom